This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

RSS Support

Is there any chance rss feeds will be supported? Would-be be nice if an RSS feed contains certain keywords that it could be spoken by sonos

Comments

• That is a great idea.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yeah, I'm planning on writing an app like this!

• Could you give an example of how you'd use that?

No idea! Haven't given it much thought, to be completely honest. Probably you can ask Homey if there's news, and it reads the headlines from your RSS feeds. And if you ask Homey to read an article, it will. Or something like that. Suggestions are welcome!

• Ah, like that.
    Didn't get what the keywords and Sonos had to do with it. :-)

• I was thinking setup a search within a specific RSS feed for articles containing certain words. If a match occurs let homey speak out through Sonos like a newsflash. Or while cooking say: "Hey Homey, read me the latest news from iculture".

• It would be nice to have Homey read the latest headlines from Tweakers at 7:30 as an alarm clock. Local weather forcast might be nice as well.

• +1 for this, Great way to catch up on the day. While making breakfast or morning coffee, I'll just ask Homey to read me headlines, and I could choose an article. That would be an awesome timesaver!!

• @emile this is not on Trello, does it mean it didn't make it?
    Good one! Added it.
  • Awesome! I've been searching high and low for an Android alarm clock app giving me a personalized wake-up call! Having Homey do it instead is a great idea!

"Good morning, Joe - the time is 06:00 and it's already a balmy 24 degrees outside. Today's forecast for Copenhagen is scattered showers with a high of 31 degrees. You may want an umbrella today. Your Google Calendar shows you have one meeting today at 08:00 at Starbucks Central. Traffic is dense this morning, so you need to leave home before 07:20. Your Smarter Coffee indicates your coffee is done. Would you like me to give you this morning's headlines?"

"No - set snooze for 10 minutes!"
  • @emile Thanks! Cool!
  • Pete said:
    Awesome! I've been searching high and low for an Android alarm clock app giving me a personalized wake-up call! Having Homey do it instead is a great idea!

"Good morning, Joe - the time is 06:00 and it's already a balmy 24 degrees outside. Today's forecast for Copenhagen is scattered showers with a high of 31 degrees. You may want an umbrella today. Your Google Calendar shows you have one meeting today at 08:00 at Starbucks Central. Traffic is dense this morning, so you need to leave home before 07:20. Your Smarter Coffee indicates your coffee is done. Would you like me to give you this morning's headlines?"

"No - set snooze for 10 minutes!"
    If this is possible it would be great! 
  • Any news about the RSS app? :)
This discussion has been closed.