This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Which smart devices do you have?

Which smart devices do you have?
Maybe we can exchange some ideas.

In my apartment I have

Vacuum cleaner (thinking cleaner)
Curtains (somfy and coco)
Smoke detectors
Tado airco controller
Thermosmart thermostaat
sonos
Smarter wifi kettle
Invited smart lock
If have ordered the smarter coffee maker.
Ipcams
And of course controllers for the lights
And motion detectors.
TV-lift is coming.

Comments

• cautjecautje Member

Nefit easy! It would be great homey could connect.

• WeatherlightWeatherlight Member
    edited July 2015

Good idea to start this topic, so this is what i have @ home:

• Sonos
    • Philips Hue
    • Home Easy remote wall sockets (like klik-aan-klik-uit)

I'm looking for more domotica inplementations, but since i live in a fairly old home, things like central heating (e.g. Nest or Honeywell) are not available. Or is there a way to control gas heaters with domotica? :P

• JeroenKleijnJeroenKleijn Member
    edited July 2015

at the moment i have:

• Homewizard to control (will be replaced by homey)
    • 3 Klik aan klik uit dimmers small light
    • 3 Phillips Hue lights
    • 2 klik aan klik uit switches for a fan in summer and batroom heater in the winter
    • Motion sensor and some buttons to control
      temperature sensor/humidity

I am going to move in 2 weeks. Here i will(want to) have:

• Esset E-thermostaat
    • 3+ dimmers for lights
    • Philips Hue
    • 12v dimmer for garden led lighting
    • Switches for media corner and stuff, for a bit of power saving (after power measurements).
    • Ip camera(s)
    • Sonos or one of the competitors.
    • Measurement for total home usage (electricity, gas and water)
    • multiple temperature/humidity sensors.
    • Motion sensor throughout the house (for controlling and some security when i am away from home)

When i get some more money:

• Automated curtains.
    • Maybe upgrade some stuff to zwave.
  • djeskodjesko Member

my list ..

Fibaro HC2 (will be replaced )

• 10 x Fibaro wall plugs
    • 10 x Fibaro M-sensors
    • 2 x Aeon labs multi sensor (outdoor)
    • 2 x UBS for temp sensors
    • 3 x Aeon labs socket dimmers
    • 2 x Fibaro RGBW for led strips outdoor
    • 1 x 2 x 1,5 w for my velux
    • 1 x Zipo bulb outdoor light
    • 1 x 6 port greenwave for my office

Will get some kind of speaker for Homey later.

• kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited July 2015
    • Raspberry pi running domoticz and a arduino/mysensors serial gateway.
    • 8x hue rgb
    • about 20x hue white
    • 7 fibaro wall plugs
    • 3x arduino/mysensor motion/temprature/humidity/smoke and lux sensors
    • 1x arduino/ solar mysensors soil moisture / temprature/barometric pressure / lux / humidity sensors (work in progress )
    • onkyo reciever
    • ip camera
    • reused an old tablet and made a wall frame for it. Currently running domoticz app

Moving to a larger house in 6 weeks.. hoping to set up an irrigation system for the garden and build a few more pir/temp/lux sensors, wallplugs and include an DIY alarm system

• Some KAKU
    fibaro wall plug
    Philips hue
    Last two are controled by toon.
    and waiting for homey to controle them and toon.
    want to expand whith qubino and aeon multi sensors.

• OGSOGS Member

Fibaro relay's, dimmers, roller shutters 2, rgbw, socket plug, smoke detectors and universal sensor. Some 1 some 2 or more. IP camera's will be there and planning on some doorlocks. Thermosmart and some Danfoss radiator valves.
    Excepy the Thermosmart all on z-wave

• 2 Home Easy outdoor switches
    3 Somfy blinds
    Domoticz on a Raspberry PiPi

Looking to buy two Aeon Labs wall plugs for switching and power measurement
    One Fibaro binary sensor for my doorbell
    Three Fibaro smoke detectors
    One Fibaro garage door switch
    One Zwave.me Busch-Jaeger switchswitch
    Two Philiotech 3-in-1 window and door sensor

• edited July 2015

1 Smappee Wifi Power Measure,

Tado (Heat)

Ip Camera (Vivotek)

Sonos Home Cinema Set

25 Phillip Hue Bulbs and 3 Led stripes with dresden elektronik Zigbee Connection (Hue Compatible)

Thinking Cleaner

Ring Video Doorbell

Next Invest is Amphiro B1 Water Measure for the Shower (BLE Connection)

And my Smarthome System is RWE Smarthome yet, but this is stupid an i want to get out if my house when Homey is going off out of the Market. I cant Binding my rwe Smarthome Actors to Homey (868 Mhz) because this there have an secure Protection.

• ReflowReflow Member

IP Camera's (Foscam)
    49 KaKu/CoCo devices (from doorbell to wallmount to dimmers)

Next planning is:
    Hue bulbs (Want to see if i can get them to work without the hue bridge)
    Some Z-wave products

• honeyhoney Member
    edited July 2015
    • Raspberry PI
    • LightwaveRF sockets
    • Somfy RTS motors
    • Fibaro motion sensors
    • Fibaro dimmers
    • Fibaro door sensors
    • Fibaro smoke sensor
    • Danfoss LC-13 Radiator Valve&Thermostat
    • Philips MCI900

Also planning to have: video intercom, and a wall recessed tablet to have a visual interface

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited July 2015

Like this topic!
    Here is my setup:

Domotica Controllers:
    * HomeWizard (main controller)
    * Domoticz on Raspberry Pi B (test controller)

Smart Devices
    * Philips Hue: 3 rgbw led bulbs, 1 bloom, 1 DIY hue ledstrip 3 meter
    * Harmony Smart Control: Hub, Smart remote and Smart Keyboard imported from Germany!
    * Netamto Weather station + Rain gauge
    * Smappee Energy Monitor
    * Ring Wifi Doorbell

Smart Meter
    * P1 usb cable for Domoticz
    * HomeWizard Energylink
    * both connected with a modified P1 rj11 splitter

Sensors
    * LOT of KaKu
    * 3 Thermometers 443MHz
    * Merten Argus Wireless Smoke Detectors, connected with HomeWizard by Argus systemrelais and KaKu Sender

Entertainment
    * Mac mini with Plex Media Server, Plex Home Theater and OpenEmu for retrogaming
    * Onkyo TX-NR636
    * Xbox One
    * Samsung 3D LED TV
    * Drobo FS with lots of series and movies
    * Raspberry Pi 2 with Rasplex for bedroom

Surveillance
    * IP camera's inside and outside, recording 24-7

Wanted
    * Sell HomeWizard and Energylink
    * Switch to Z-Wave as much as possible and sell all not-used KaKu devices
    * When Homey arrives make my RainBird irrigation system wireless by using a Z-Wave switch
    * Buy a complete HEOS wireless speaker system
    * Honeywell Evohome ATP921R3100
    * Tado Smart AC Control
    * Netatmo Camera
    * Ring Chime
    * Nest Protect V2

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited July 2015

Lots of KAKU light switches
    AXA raamopener 2.0 met afstandsbediening wit
    Plugwise plugs
    Philips TV 50PFL4208H/12
    Sony STR-DH520
    Ziggo/UPC reciever
    Xbox360

• JonJon Member

@Ziglar
    I see you also have Axa Raamopener 2.0. I am very curious whether or not this will be supported by Homey.
    Why I am asking: because in my setup, Homey will not be able to reach the Axa's IR-sensor directly, so therefore I bought several versions of IR-repeatersets (translating the IR-signal into RF and then back to IR). Unfortunately, none of them work with Axa's IR-signal, it seems that this is a special kind of IR protocol or something.
    I already contact Axa's engineers about it, but they don't have an explanation either.
    (btw: I have used different "Marmitek" IR-repeater sets)
    So I am curious how your setup with Axa and Homey will look like...!
    (perhaps also @Emile has something to say/add here?)

• Here also a lots of KaKu units.
    The garden has 6 x 3 point units. A Cresta weather-station.
    In the house 10 socked units. 2 light sensors.
    Sony AV Receiver. Samsung Tv and blue-ray player. UPCZiggo cable-box.

The 2 light sensors would be my challenge. Because of the narrow hysteresis a hope that I can make the wait timer for the off command working with Homey.

• Hallo,
    This is my setup

Samsung curved 4k smart tv
    Samsung blue ray player
    Sonos playbar with a pair of play 3 for the surround and sonos sub for the bass . There is a play 5 in the kitchen , play 3 in the bedroom , play 1 in the bathroom. Sonos connect who is attached to an old surroundsystem in the wintergarden - veranda.
    Philips beamer with wifi
    2 Apple tv ( one in livingroom and one attached to tv in bedroom)
    Nintendo Wii
    There is a diskstation nas who is attached in the wireless network so i can play all the multimedia On tv

For the lights :
    there is a mi-light multicolor ledstrip in the livingroom and one in the kitchen.
    There are 2 multicolor lightbulbs in the livingroom. and one in the bedroom.
    Above the dinningtable there are 6 lightbulbs who can change color from cold to warm white light. All the mi-lights are connected to wifi with a wificontroller so i can use it with remote controle and tablet.
    In the wintergarden there are 2 sealinglamps with hallogeen and multicolor ledlights in it. I can choose combinations ; only hallogeen, only ledlights or together . It uses 433 MHz remote controllers. ( i thing thuis gonna be hard to use with homey )

I have 2 kaku to turn On lights and little fountain in the garden

There is a weatherstation who works with 433 MHz ( outdoor - indoor) iT is an unknown branch i Got it from Aldi? Can homey work with that?

dyson air Cooler - heater wit ir remote controle

3 ip cams

In the near future ( september) i am getting windowblinds with somfy io motors. 3 Windows. Also a velux roofwindow with somfy io motor. There Will be 2 garagedooropeners with somfy rts motor. I allso have 4 rts electric plugins( stopcontacten sorry don't know the correct name)
    It's all connected to the somfy tahoma. Normaly i hope homey can handle all of that.

The next step is a smart doorlock and smart doorbell.
    Can someone tell me if homey can handle this two items ? And wich one to choose?

I hope the homey that i pre ordered can handle all this components, or as much as possible ;-)

• @scenarbelgium Nice Setup!

• @kriebelkous thx
    I hope that homey can be the center of all this ... Than he Will become my best friend ;-)

• scenarbelgium said:
    @kriebelkous thx
    I hope that homey can be the center of all this ... Than he Will become my best friend ;-)

Trying hard not to add a "forever alone" meme here.. :)

*no hard feelings. jk

• Jonathan said:
    @Ziglar
    I see you also have Axa Raamopener 2.0. I am very curious whether or not this will be supported by Homey.
    Why I am asking: because in my setup, Homey will not be able to reach the Axa's IR-sensor directly, so therefore I bought several versions of IR-repeatersets (translating the IR-signal into RF and then back to IR). Unfortunately, none of them work with Axa's IR-signal, it seems that this is a special kind of IR protocol or something.
    I already contact Axa's engineers about it, but they don't have an explanation either.
    (btw: I have used different "Marmitek" IR-repeater sets)
    So I am curious how your setup with Axa and Homey will look like...!
    (perhaps also @Emile has something to say/add here?)

i guess that the axa remote controlls are secured with a code or something.
    if they were the same, everyone with a axa remote could open your window.

• JonJon Member
    edited August 2015

Ziglar said:
    i guess that the axa remote controlls are secured with a code or something.
    if they were the same, everyone with a axa remote could open your window.

@Ziglar; here's wat Axa had to say:
    "Wij hebben gesproken over de frequentie van het infrarood signaal van de afstandsbediening voor de remote 2.0. De frequentie is 56kHz. Dit valt binnen het spectrum van uw repeater. Ik weet wel dat wij meer informatie versturen naar de Remote, in ieder geval meer dan het geval is bij uw TV of radio-afstandsbediening.
    Wat ik er over kan zeggen is dat het geen speciale encryptie is voor de Remote. Het zijn de zelfde soort signalen, alleen meer data. Dus het zou theoretisch moeten werken."

Seems quite a peculiar thing to me. @Emile, would you reckon that Homey's IR-beamer will be able to replicate the Axa Remote IR-signal when Marmitek's IR-repeater does not?

• @Jonathan ; that does not sound very special. on theyr wesite they state to be a safe solution.
    the remote has over 6 million frequency codes....

currently i am looking into the RJ25 ports. these are not only ports to be powerd, but the AXA can be remotely controlled by a computer, connected trough some converters and RS232 your laptop can open close etc the axa.

hopefully me or someone else finds a way to make the unit be controlled by rf or other remote tech.
    that would make life a lot easyer and the range a lot wider.

• MoekMoek Member

@Ziglar and @Jonathan did you see this solution? http://www.robbshop.nl/over-z-wave/z-wave-projecten/axa-raamopenener-via-z-wave-bedienen (in dutch) They also sell a complete zwave solution I think, but it's a lot more expensive. P.S. not affiliated with robbshop just do a lot of shopping there ;)

• JonJon Member

Moek said:
    @Ziglar and @Jonathan did you see this solution? http://www.robbshop.nl/over-z-wave/z-wave-projecten/axa-raamopenener-via-z-wave-bedienen (in dutch) They also sell a complete zwave solution I think, but it's a lot more expensive. P.S. not affiliated with robbshop just do a lot of shopping there ;)

@moek,thanks! The question is whether this is also usable in combination with Homey. What do you think?

• MoekMoek Member

@Jonathan I guess the DIY version should because he uses a fibaro relay. I have no idea if the prefab version will. Maybe @Emile of @Taco can shed some light on this?

• JonJon Member
    edited August 2015

@moek in the Robbshop info some changes in Vera's software are being made (last step), the question is whether in Homeys software can be done the same?

• MoekMoek Member

@Jonathan, I gues will have to wait and see once we got Homey. I guess you can implement it into an app/driver or something? I have to admit I'm not that techy ;)

• JonJon Member

@moek All in all one could better buy a Fakro Window opener, based on z-wave. It costs 250 euro but that's it. No fibaro switch, external power unit and wall switch needed anymore. Not to say the time/effort for soldering this hand made solution.

• MoekMoek Member
    edited August 2015

@Jonathan, Agree totally. Now I just have to convince the boss (read wife) ;)

• @Jonathan , @Moek this seems like an option, and it could make the wires look decent on the wall below the axa units.
    unfortunatly the wall controller is no longer being made, and the only one i found was €50, the fibaro €60 and the power adapeter cost 25 €, this "possible solution" is going to cost me €140 for each axa unit.

looking foreward on reviews on this device.
    (BTW this forum is going to explode once the homeys arive at theys buyers)

This discussion has been closed.