This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey version 1.2 experimental!

Comments

• Note: as of Homey v1.2.0, a much requested feature was feedback when Homey did not understand what you said.

Is there a way to disable this? Voice recognition is still as bad as it was before, but over the past couple of days, I have had 8 times when Homey was triggered at random times (for example when watching TV), and responded with the "I'm sorry..." speech. Very irritating when you're in the middle of a TV program!

• ptp
  • JPeJPe Member
    In -Settings -Microphone  you can switch OFF the mirophone.
  • JPe said:
    In -Settings -Microphone  you can switch OFF the mirophone.
    @Bumblez
    perhaps its even possaible to make a flow wich put out the micrphone for an our or so..
  • After the update of rc10 again the 433 mhz range is very bad again. My doorbells are about 6 meters away and do not work anymore. With rc9 al worked very well.
     Bug again?
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited April 2017
    @Kritjuu That's very strange. For me is my doorbell working for the first time since last year.  I dont think its a bug, else it cant work here. Which doorbell do you have? Do you have a problem with your sender or receiver?
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    edited April 2017
    I have the Action doorbell. It worked flawles on rc9 with te Alecto app. 
    I made a complete restart of the Homey. The bell was back again for a short time.
    But now connection lost again.

• Kritjuu said:
    After the update of rc10 again the 433 mhz range is very bad again. My doorbells are about 6 meters away and do not work anymore. With rc9 al worked very well.
     Bug again?
    I'm experiencing the same thing.

For the first time homey was able to turn on and off the lights in the backyard. 100% of the time. It was incredible. 

Now 0% of the time. 
  • See issue: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3000/bug-neo-coolcam-device-name-will-not-update-in-flow-editor#latest

Not to cross-post, but this seems a bug and it seems related to the latests firmware, as I have never (and other, it seems) experienced this before.

• quakerixquakerix Member
    edited April 2017
    Double post...
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited April 2017
    @Kritjuu yesterday I had the same. The distance between homey and a sender was to great. I had to move the sender next to Homey in stead of 10 meter.
    After a reset, it works again.
    Please, when it happens again. Send a log to athom, and give a command on the following issue:https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1457
  • @quakerix

Indeed, and motivated as well in the cross post. 

Thanks for your contribution. Extremely helpful and well appreciated. Continue the good work, Sir! 
  • bvbbvb Member

I'm still not able to get the Hue lights running properly... if I turn three lights of in the Kirchen, only one is reacting. If I tell Alexa to turn the lights of, it is working. Even if I Switch one light in Homey on/off it does nothing... any ideas?

• SteefphSteefph Member
    edited April 2017
    Bumblez said:
    Note: as of Homey v1.2.0, a much requested feature was feedback when Homey did not understand what you said.

Is there a way to disable this? Voice recognition is still as bad as it was before, but over the past couple of days, I have had 8 times when Homey was triggered at random times (for example when watching TV), and responded with the "I'm sorry..." speech. Very irritating when you're in the middle of a TV program!

I've now even that Homey says it but, actually understands since it is performing the correct flows :neutral:

The WAF is dropping quickly with these kind of "options" you can't turn off. Athom, why not, if you implement something new, directly also add the option to disable it :)
    Having it enabled by default with new firmware is ok (in my opinion) but please, add the option to disable a new feature.
  • in fact for me the rc10 brokes down completely the voice recognition,not a single word he understands
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm having serious issues with voice recognition in rc10 as well. One very specific example:

I have a flow for "turn on the TV". This worked reasonably well (~60% of the time) up until rc9. In rc10, Homey consistenly recognizes "Turn on the" and gives me the new and very irritating "I'm sorry..." speech.
    Strangely, when I manually type in "turn on the TV" on the speech-input page, two things happen:
    1. The text that is repeated on that page, is "turn on the" !!! (so even there, the "TV" part is cut off), and I get the "I'm sorry" speech
    2. Despite this, my flow is activated anyway!

This gives me the impression that they changed something in the speech (post-)processing in rc10, so that it now actually maims texts and cuts off perfectly valid parts.
  • I'm curious what will happen if you use Television instead of TV.
  • Just installed RC12 and was happy to find out that the KAKU range seems to have improved. I can finally use my "KlikAanKlikUit (KAKU) schakelaar" from inside the bathroom. Previously it only worked in my living room. Yay! Going to use it to control the Sonos in the bathroom.
  • Hi,
    Soundcloud is playing over the internal speaker, not over the jack to an external speaker.
    I cant find the option to activate this.
    Is this alraedy functional?
    THX!
  • I had hoped that Athom had fixed the 434 mhz range, but also in the stable 1.2 firmware the range is very, very bad.
    Doorbell only works a few meters. Very disappointing again.
  • 1.2 isn't stable yet.
  • Skorpion said:
    1.2 isn't stable yet.
    Yes it is. Its published to the stablechannel today
  • Kritjuu said:
    I had hoped that Athom had fixed the 434 mhz range, but also in the stable 1.2 firmware the range is very, very bad.
    no problems over here
  • rtnartna Member
    Also no problems with range over here.
  • Kritjuu said:
    Skorpion said:
    1.2 isn't stable yet.
    Yes it is. Its published to the stablechannel today
    Please show me then, because this still says experimental. ;)

• Kritjuu said:
    I had hoped that Athom had fixed the 434 mhz range, but also in the stable 1.2 firmware the range is very, very bad.
    What doorbell are you using, I'm using a KAKU doorbell which works great! The doorbell isn't that far from Homey though, probably 5 meters with 2 walls in between.

Also I am using KAKU wall sockets, probably  15 to 20 meters away from Homey (through 2 big walls), without any problem... Are you sure this is a Homey issue?
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    edited April 2017
    I have 2 doorbells from the Action who are supported. Maybe it is a bug in the app.
    What I noticed is that with firmware 1.2.0 RC9 they worked very well to almost 10 meters.

• That's strange! I started with an Action doorbell too, but it had problems this winter (it stopped working when the temperature was lower than 2 or 3 degrees Celsius...).
    Its a shame that so many people have such different results with 434 mhz devices, I can imagine that this makes development quite hard.
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited May 2017
    The 1.3 release party: https://whatsnew.athom.com/
    I would be very happy: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/658
  • Really nice update.. However, I was really hoping for an 'or/else' function for the 'trigger/if' part! :(

Do you guys think that this will also come soon?? 

Also, some cards can be used only in the if part and not in the and part.. Really stupid in my opinion. 
This discussion has been closed.