This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bug? - NEO Coolcam device name will not update in Flow editor

EternityEternity Member
edited April 2017 in Questions & Help
Today I received my NEO Coolcam z-wave  devices and I included the 2 wall plugs. That went smoothly :-)
After inclusion, I renamed both device. Here is a screenshot of the plug that is in my hallway, renamed to 'LED strip - NEO':

This particular plug replaces a Greenwave Powernode. 

In the Flow editor, I opened the flow that uses the Greenwave Powernode in order to replace it with the new Neo plug.
But, oddly enough, the renamed devices do not show up. What I see is the two new Neo plugs, with the original name they were given upon inclusion: 'NEO Wall Plug':

I tested to find out which is which. I can confirm the Flow works. It is just that the name is not correctly updated to the one given after the inclusion.

Comments

• I guess this is not just limited to the NEO Wall Plugs. I recently plugged in a Fibaro Wall Plug and renamed it, but in my flows and in Insights it's still called 'Fibaro Wall Plug'. The other plugs (I added weeks ago) do show up with the correct names.

The device does have the right, renamed, name, though.
  • @Amelsfort

So, it is a bug... <span>:smile:</span>

• Had the same bug with homewizard app.. 
  • Yep, noticed it here also this week...
  • Here it works as it should @ 1.1.9. Maybe it only occurs on 1.2.0 RC10?
  • rtnartna Member
    Same here with a Neo wallplug on 1.2.0 RC10
  • Not device / app related, but most likely 1.2.0 RC10 related.
    Reboot changes the name also in insights...

Did you already check if an Github issue has been created?