This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Mysensors

13»

Comments

• Version of mysensors? I had in the past some trouble with the default configuration. Check the ino and check the allowed clients....
  • Version of mysensors? I had in the past some trouble with the default configuration. Check the ino and check the allowed clients....
    Gw / node 2.0.0 beta
  • Did you see this in the ino:

// How many clients should be able to connect to this gateway (default 1)
    #define MY_GATEWAY_MAX_CLIENTS 2

That was my issue. I increased it and that solved it for me...

• It says 10
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited November 2016
    oke, think it works, a bit wonky, but it works.

- Every sensor I add, homey needs to be rebooted.
    - When the gateway is reset, homey needs a reboot also. (same comes with MYSController though) 

tbh; might be standard behavior for mysensors but im a nub.. 

lets see how the coming days will go.
  • oke, think it works, a bit wonky, but it works.

- Every sensor I add, homey needs to be rebooted.
    - When the gateway is reset, homey needs a reboot also. (same comes with MYSController though) 

tbh; might be standard behavior for mysensors but im a nub.. 

lets see how the coming days will go.
    Hmmm indeed a bit wonkey.
    Next time if you reset the gateway can you try if it works after disabling the app en enabling it again?
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited November 2016
     hi,

Resetting the gateway; then disabling / enabling the app seems to work. For when resetting the gateway.

Adding a new sensor isnt working, I have to let MYScontroller give out the sensor ID.
    After that, its full steam ahead, I think, not sure though again im a nub, it stores its given ID in the eeprom. 

It seems to go great from there on, I reset the gateway a number of times, both of the sensors show up again.

---

Last night, A sensor bugged out, it didnt came back, even when I did a reset of the sensor/gateway.

When I opened MYController, it suddenly showed up again.

• Latest version crashing for me with
    Stack trace:

SyntaxError: Block-scoped declarations (let, const, function, class) not yet supported outside strict mode
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:373:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:74:27
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at eventListeners.clientDriverInit (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:66:26)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • Latest version crashing for me with
    Stack trace:

SyntaxError: Block-scoped declarations (let, const, function, class) not yet supported outside strict mode
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:373:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:74:27
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at eventListeners.clientDriverInit (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:66:26)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
     What Homey Firmware are you using?

• im aways on the latest experimental.. dont know what i was on at that time..
    the only way I got it working was to install manually from GITHUB
  • It now installs correctly from the appstore without crashing
  • The last Seen activity is being logged. but somehow I cant remove it. (cant select it in insight.)

my insight storage looks like the following. 

Might be useful I the last seen is also a variable that can be removed. (like temperature etc.)

(it was a 5 second logging sensor, I removed it so it won't happen again)

• The last Seen activity is being logged. but somehow I cant remove it. (cant select it in insight.)

my insight storage looks like the following. 

Might be useful I the last seen is also a variable that can be removed. (like temperature etc.)

(it was a 5 second logging sensor, I removed it so it won't happen again)

How did your node look like? And the sensors?

I'm thinking of start to update the app with the new SDK, so hopefully some of the solutions that we have in the app is now in the SDK instead, like the last seen function.
    But i don't know. I have not look at the new SDK yet.

• RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello,

I have a Mysensors gateway running on a Raspberry Pi and connected to the Homey my sensors app via MQTT. This all works ok. I have build some battery powered Mysensors (temp/hum/light/PIR) sensors. They also work ok.

But Homey does not see these sensors as a temperature device. When I use Homeyda.sh and add a temperature widget, I can choose from all thermometers (433Mhz weather app and thermostat) , but not the Mysensors thermometers.

Any ideas?

Gr. Remco

• But Homey does not see these sensors as a temperature device. When I use Homeyda.sh and add a temperature widget, I can choose from all thermometers (433Mhz weather app and thermostat) , but not the Mysensors thermometers.

I think it might be the same issue that I have with Homeykit: the MySensors devices are of class "other", instead of (what seems to make more sense to me) "sensor". So Homeyda.sh doesn't consider it to be a sensor device.