This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

mi light

GuusGuus Member

wie kan er een link maken met deze lampen?
http://www.applamp.nl/service/applamp-api/

Comments

• edited May 2015

@Guus: Welcome to the board! Can you please post your questions in English so that more people can help you and benefit from the answers?

Also, you allready posted this question in https://forum.athom.nl/discussion/128/5-wifi-module-taking-the-world-by-storm-uses-with-homey#latest. Please post your question just once.

• The AppLamp lights sold here: http://www.applamp.nl/
    Are the same as the lights sold here: http://slimmeledlamp.nl/
    And seems to be the same as these: http://www.milight.com/

They make use of the same API written for NodeJS and also make use of a 'base station' so I expect that all we need to support these lights is a UTP message over WiFi from Homey to the base station.
    I plan to test this as soon as I get my Homey.

• GuusGuus Member

WoW great Thijs
    can I get the solution wen you get the homey
    sorry about my English

• ThijsVanUldenThijsVanUlden Member
    edited June 2015

Guus said:
    WoW great Thijs
    can I get the solution wen you get the homey
    sorry about my English

Sure thing, I'll try to share it using the Athom Homey Labs thing that is coming. Do you use the lights already? I wonder how they are..

• GuusGuus Member
    edited June 2015

ja ik heb ze al in gebruik.ze werken perfect je hebt 1 centrale aan 5 v hangen bv computer en met een app op ios kun je verbinding maken met de lampen die ik ook nog gegroepeerd heb.mijn volgende stap is om met een arduino en een pir sensor 433 of esp8266 automatisch de lampen in te laten schakelen via homey tip ik haal de lampen uit china

edited June 2015

Guus, you are the best. Just ordered 6 Mi Lights on Banggood, and the remote, and the wifi base station. After asking around I found out that you can use zwave PIR sensors but I admit that is the royal/expensive route.

• This sounds interesting as a cheap solution for controlable lighting, could you post the links to Banggood?

• GuusGuus Member
  • GuusGuus Member

maybe it is possible to connect a pir kaku to homey and the MI-light bulps

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

It is!

Get a nRF905 transceiver if you want to use it with the homey-arduino library :)

Might work. But as you're a geek backer already, you'll receive two of them ;)

• GuusGuus Member

may bee i get 2 of these nRF905 transceivers omdat i payed more for my homey

• Got the wifi box now. To control the lights I can send UDP packets to the wifi box and it translates the packets to the lights. I use https://github.com/dannagle/PacketSender and it works fine. This will work for Guus as well :D met deze HEX doe ik bijvoorbeeld mijn licht aan: B9 3B 33 3A 36 01 00 55

• GuusGuus Member

thats great Thijs . i have download the packetsender. but i snap er geen snars van

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Off-topic but I love your English :-D

• jovinkjovink Member

Hi,
    I want to buy led strips and use them with Homey.
    But I don't know what to buy. Can I buy a fibaro RGBW or a mi light wifi controller?

• Regarding Mi Light; it looks like the LED strip need a separate controller. You may want to buy your stuff from slimmeledlamp.nl so you know you'll get good service. (I'm not affiliated)
    Those products can work with Homey but when I don't know.

• My advice would be to stay away from the mi-light series and pay a little extra for the Philips HUE.

I have 2 E27 bulbs and a rgb ledstrip module connected to the wifi box. I control it with my own system running nodejs . I am not satisfied due to reliability issues with the commands that sometimes occur. This is caused by a few drawbacks off the system:
    -Wifi is a 'cheap' chinese wifi > ttl converter with no antenna so the range sucks and the pass through speed is slo..............w.
    -UDP
    -Protocol is not API friendly. An automated light change for example: 3 zones off, uses 9 packages.

Combine the things and it makes it not a great product.
    Another drawback is the max 4 zones limit. You can have multiple bulbs or strips in a zone, but not more zones (1 zone = 1 color).

My opinion would also be to just buy it from china. There is no need to pay more then double the money of a 13 euro product too get good service. I've had worse experiences with dutch webshops then banggood/dx.

edited July 2015

You are right Bram, I agree. But there is no such thing as "pay a little extra", it's more than 400%. Running Mi Light with 5 bulps and the base station is 75 euro's and the Philips Hue has a starter pack of E200,- (3 lights) and then add 2 lights of 60 each. Philips Hue is as overpriced as Mi Light is of no great quality.

• jovinkjovink Member

BramSloot said:
    My advice would be to stay away from the mi-light series and pay a little extra for the Philips HUE.

I have 2 E27 bulbs and a rgb ledstrip module connected to the wifi box. I control it with my own system running nodejs . I am not satisfied due to reliability issues with the commands that sometimes occur. This is caused by a few drawbacks off the system:
    -Wifi is a 'cheap' chinese wifi > ttl converter with no antenna so the range sucks and the pass through speed is slo..............w.
    -UDP
    -Protocol is not API friendly. An automated light change for example: 3 zones off, uses 9 packages.

Combine the things and it makes it not a great product.
    Another drawback is the max 4 zones limit. You can have multiple bulbs or strips in a zone, but not more zones (1 zone = 1 color).

My opinion would also be to just buy it from china. There is no need to pay more then double the money of a 13 euro product too get good service. I've had worse experiences with dutch webshops then banggood/dx.

Maybe if I connect the strips with the fibaro RGBW controller it's getting better.
    But I'm not sure if homey supports them.

The Philips strips are to expensive as Thijs already said.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

And Philips doesn't do RGBW...
    Emile said al z-wave devices should work (maybe not right away at launch) so i'd go with the Fibaro also. :)

• ThijsVanUlden said:
    You are right Bram, I agree. But there is no such thing as "pay a little extra", it's more than 400%. Running Mi Light with 5 bulps and the base station is 75 euro's and the Philips Hue has a starter pack of E200,- (3 lights) and then add 2 lights of 60 each. Philips Hue is as overpriced as Mi Light is of no great quality.

I bought 2x 9W RGBW bulbs + wifi + rgbw strip controller,so i paid 99 euro for my complete set. I don't think the HUE is overpriced considering is just works :) Also you get ifttt, wake up licht, ambilight extension, more zones, way better api.

I am using them as my main lights in the bedroom and office, there is nothing as annoying that you cannot turn on your lights when you want.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

How did you only pay 99€? 2 bulbs would be more than that already.

• BramSlootBramSloot Member
    edited July 2015

Fire69 said:
    How did you only pay 99€? 2 bulbs would be more than that already.

I am talking about the mi-light products that i bought.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Ah, right. I only read half your previous post where you said to stay away from the mi light, so I thought you only had Hues :)

This discussion has been closed.