This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Virtual Homey shared?

Fire69Fire69 Member

Hi,

Just got my link to the virtual Homey.
When I go to Settings - Users there is a long list of users. Is this 1 virtual Homey shared with every (geek) backer?
If so, won't we interfere each other when adding things/testing/...?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yup, everyone is on 1 Homey for now. I wanted to see how he handles so many users.

As for interfering: nah, just give your app a unique ID.

• Fire69Fire69 Member

Ah, OK, I'll play around with it some more then. :)
    So we will be able to see and use apps other users are creating?

Yup!

• For now, it is either not intuitive, it is not working on Chrome and IE for windows, or I am stupid...
    I can not find/add any devices. I added 'Slaapkamer' as location, but I con not drag it anywhere.
    I tried IE11 to check if it is chrome-related, but all icons were transparant and after a while I got the message that IE is not supported. (fine - just strange it let me play a bit before notifying.)
    I click on the big PLUS sign, but no devices. How to get back to the index of device groups? The backspace key gets me back to the login screen - not what you want. Maybe I missed the user manual, but maybe due to the reasons I named in the first sentence, I could not find it:). At one point I was able to add some flow (Thuiskomen), and added some speech action to the 'then' part. So where is the 'read this first'? In the mean time I'll find my glasses in case I overlooked it:).

Obviously there is no 'getting started' yet and you can't add any devices because the apps that add support aren't installed on the cloud.

• Ok, then I misinterpreted the concept of the virtual Homey on that point. I thought it was (at least part of it) to play with some scenarios and the userinterface, using (fake) equipment/sensors. The clock can be real as well as the speach / listen part. I expected the simulation to be limited, but I understand it is for the test of development (only). After june 30 I'll hope to have time for that part of the fun:).

• I haven't received a link. Can this be resend?

Done :)

• Thanks! :D

• Qx5Qx5 Member

same problem here! :-)

@Qx5 you didn't back the geek edition :)

• Qx5Qx5 Member

I guess Stefan didn't update my status then. We arranged it in some pm exchange and I transfered the money a while ago ;)

Sorry about that then! Just sent you the invite

• Qx5Qx5 Member

great!

• @Emile,
    Thanks for this invitation! I will look into it when I have some time for it.
    Just one question, did you delay the transmitting of those e-mails or are you lacking any form of social life at the moment? You know the 24th of may was a national holiday ;-).
    Either way, thanks for working your butt off!

Holiday? What's that? :')

• Hi Emile, I also upgraded later to the geek edition. Can I get an invite? pleeeaaase?

• Hey Emile,

I also haven't received an invitation.

Could you reinvite me please?

• Hmm, cannot login with my details. Something that needs to be changed?

edited May 2015

The virtual homey is offline, because it sent a DoS... I'm working with the VPS provider to resolve this. I just don't hope it was one of the people with access, otherwise we're forced to stop keeping it online :'(

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

Who.... If it's a backers action....

• Fire69Fire69 Member

How would 'we' be able to do that? I'm guessing it's not possible from within the Homey interface? :)

By uploading an app that does those things. You do have 100% internet access, so it is possible.

I am now running the VPS without Homey active to check if it's the software or not. Next step is to disable uploading apps for a while, to pinpoint the issue.

• same problem here! :-)
    I haven't received a link. Can this be resend?

• I haven't received the link either!

• BartBart Member

Any update on this? After opening "Homey Cloud 01" I get the following message:
    This webpage is not available
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

• Can I receive the link? Or can you update on any progress with your VPS provider?

• I think the virtual homey is indeed still down. I'm not sure what is going on. It's been pretty quit around this topic...

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

Its very quit on several subject(forum, VHomey, devkit, kickstarter update,etc).....

It's online again! :)

Please also download the newest devkit from https://developers.athom.com/ (or the new cli tools: https://npmjs.com/package/athom-cli).

I've also made a lot of changes to the docs. Read them as well! :-)

This discussion has been closed.