This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

SOLVED: Not able to add a Fibaro FGK-10x door/window (Zwave plus) sensor after removing it

edited December 2016 in Archive
Hi,
After an extensive search with the Google search on the forum (site:forum.athom.com ) I decided to give it try on the forum.

I just bought my first two Zwave plus Door/window sensors from Fibaro. I Also bought the temperature sensors that you can use with them. 
This morning I wanted to add a sensor, and it paired immmediately after pressing the button on the rear three times. Then I wanted to install the temperature sensor. From the Fibaro manual I learned that this procedure can only be done when the sensor is removed from the Zwave network. So I removed it from the network by pressing the X in the top of the device. Homey asked to press the button on the rear of the sensor three times. The sensor was removed succesfully.

After connecting the temperature sensor to the door/window sensor I wanted to add the sensor to the network. I followed the procedure but it didn't work. I tried several times. Then rebooted Homey, and also did a reset of the Zwave network. This last step I read on this forum.But unfortunately didn't work. 

Then I tried the other new sensor that hasn't been in the network before. But sensor won't pair either. I have the feeling that I'm out of options. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to add the sensors to my network?
Thanks in advance.  

Comments

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited December 2016
    Does is pair after a restart of Homey?
  • @mightymarc2005 as bug 609 was fixed you can since a couple of weeks also search on the forum ;)
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I restarted Homey a couple of times but it doesn't work. I just found a way to reset the sensor. But I have no success jet.
  • I removed the Fibaro app. Rebooted Homey, reset Zwave network and tried all over again. No luck with this procedure.
  • @mightymarc2005 I don't have a similar sensor... just some checks you can do

1) Reset the sensor according to manual
    Resetting the Door/Window Sensor:
    Reset procedure deletes EEPROM’s memory, including all information on the Z-Wave network and the main controller.
    1. Open the cover.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Install the battery while holding both TMP buttons.
    4. Release the TMP button within 5 seconds.
    5. Visual indicator will blink 3 times to confirm launching of reset procedure.
    6. Wait around 30s for the resetting process to end, do not remove the battery.
    7. Visual LED indicator will blink 6 times to confirm the reset.
    2) If removed, check the Z-wave settings > Stuff for Geeks > state > which nodes are listed here? If you don't have any devices added, it should only state 1 (Homey's node)
    3) Do you have the same issues without having the temp sensor installed, or only with?
    4) Add the sensor holding it within 50 cm of Homey
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks Ted, I'll try this tomorrow and let you know. 
  • Hi guys, I'm sorry this was my own stupid fault :#
    I didn't have the cover on the sensor when pairing. The cover pushes the TMP button which sets the programming button on the rear idle. Teds reset procedure helped me to realize this. Thanks! 
  • @mightymarc2005 Good to hear and thanks for the feedback on the solution.
    I hope this helps other people who run into similar issues...
  • Yeah this sensor has 1 switch, with two buttons. It only switches when bot buttons are pushed together. When the sensor is mounted somewhere, the button on the back is pushed automaticly, and u can use the front button. When the sensor isn't mounted, you have to place the cover (that pushes the front button) and use the back button.
This discussion has been closed.