This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

adding Z-wave module

Hi

I have a new Fibaro DoorWindow Sensor FGK-10x. I have no other Z-wave devices. I have no other controller. So basically, this house is Z-wave-free :-)
So I'm trying to add my first device (that I bought just to experiment) to Homey.

I tried adding it as an FGK-10x, as an FGK-100, or as a generic Z-Wave device.
The sensor is less than 1 meter away from Homey when trying (I also tried 3 meters away).
I press the TMP button on the back (3 times quickly), the blue led starts to blink, that's all. Homey waits and times out.
Pressing quickly in the manual doesn't say 'how quick'. So I tried 3 presses within 1 second, within 2 seconds, within 3 seconds.

Before I started I did (in settings / Homey / Z-wave) a reset of the Z-wave network, just to be sure.

What am I doing wrong?

Yves

Comments

• Hi,
    have you tried to remove this device first from a zwave network.
    Settings --> Z-Wave --> Remove a device. On the device you must use the exclusion mode should be the same as for adding and after that try to add it.
    Christian
  • Hi Christian

Yes I tried that, Homey just says it can't find a device to remove ...

Yves
  • try pressing it multiple times, not just 3 times
  • Try to press as fast u can and as many time u can for 10 secs. 
  • Nope, not working. :-(

Thanks for thinking along...
  • Is your sensor firmware 2.1? Multiple try with multiple clicks helped here with the same problem and on 3 sensors. 30cm from homey.
  • how can I update a sensor, and better, how can I check what it's firmware version is ?
    Or is it on it's box?

A label says:
    FGK-10x EU v2.5

• http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGK-10x/FGK-10x-EN-A-v1.01.pdf

I'd start with resetting the sensor

Take off the Sensor’s cover and remove battery. Make sure the TMP button is intact
    1. Touch the Sensor’s body with a magnet
    2. Insert the battery
    3. Within 2 seconds remove the magnet from the Sensor’s body, the LED will turn off. Wait 3 seconds until the LED starts blinking
    4. Remove the battery
    5. Insert the battery
    6. Reset will be confirmed by LED blinking
    Did you make sure the case was closed?

STEP 1
    Install the device observing the Figure 4 for correct positioning of the Sensor and the magnet. Close the Sensor's casing.
    [Inclusion/Exclusion] of the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor [to/from]the Z-Wave network.
    STEP 2
    The Fibaro module must be in range of the Z-Wave controller, because the procedure of inclusion to the system requires direct communication with the controller.
    STEP 3
    Be sure that Sensor's cover is closed. Locate TMP button, whichallows for proper inclusion of device.
    STEP 4
    Set the controller to the inclusion or exclusion mode (see: Z-Wave controller instructions).
    STEP 5
    The Fibaro Door/Window Sensor is added to the network by quicklypressing the TMP button three times (the button is located on the underside of the device and inside the casing). One of the buttonsneeds to be pressed constantly (by closing the lid or by installing it on a wall).
    STEP 6
    Install the sensor’s cover in desired location. Wake it up by triple clicking the TMP-button.
  • @BasVanDenBosch 

Thank you very much, this just did it. Thanks for the magic!

Time to bye some more :-)