This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Wrong time, all of a sudden

It came to my attention that Homey has it's time wrong.
I don't know since when, but yesterday it came to my attention and it's quite annoying.

I restarted him allready.. but that isn't the solution. Anyone with another idea?

Comments

• Re-setting the timezone on your Homey fixes this. Small error in the update-process to 1.0.1 :)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited November 2016
    Exactly what do you mean with 'wrong time'? Is it an exact number of hours off (timezone issue), or is it a completely other time, possibly a completely other date as well? (see also the second thread that MrDutchFighter linked).

In the latter case, try completely powering down your Homey (unplug, not just a reboot), keep him off for at least 30 seconds, then power him on again. In my experience, the date/time changes after a power off... if it changes, but not to the correct time, then just repeat this.

(edit)
    Right now (21 November 2016, 18:35 CET), the time that my own Homey displays, is:
    date    2016-07-05T21:04:39.788Z
    date_human    Tuesday 5th July 2016 21:04:39

I've stopped trying to keep it fixed on my Homey, and I've stopped using flows that need the date or time.

JeroenVollenbrock  any progress on this issue?

@BasVanDenBosch ; and no, in my case, resetting the timezone doesn't make any difference at all
  • Bumblez said:
    Exactly what do you mean with 'wrong time'? Is it an exact number of hours off (timezone issue), or is it a completely other time, possibly a completely other date as well? (see also the second thread that MrDutchFighter linked).

In the latter case, try completely powering down your Homey (unplug, not just a reboot), keep him off for at least 30 seconds, then power him on again. In my experience, the date/time changes after a power off... if it changes, but not to the correct time, then just repeat this.

(edit)
    Right now (21 November 2016, 18:35 CET), the time that my own Homey displays, is:
    date    2016-07-05T21:04:39.788Z
    date_human    Tuesday 5th July 2016 21:04:39

I've stopped trying to keep it fixed on my Homey, and I've stopped using flows that need the date or time.

JeroenVollenbrock  any progress on this issue?

@BasVanDenBosch ; and no, in my case, resetting the timezone doesn't make any difference at all
    It's one hour off. And I don't plan of re-making all of the flows that need the time...
  • Your Homey has always been a recalcitrant bowl with the correct time... @Annemarie, perhaps something you can solve, @Bumblez has had this for over six months now iirc....

But yes, I meant the timezone-issue after updating...
  • Bumble said:
    It's one hour off. And I don't plan of re-making all of the flows that need the time...
    In that case, it most likely *is* the timezone issue that @BasVanDenBosch mentioned. So that's the good news...
  • Bumblez said:
    Bumble said:
    In that case, it most likely *is* the timezone issue that @BasVanDenBosch mentioned. So that's the good news...
    fixed it (!!!) by resetting my location. Although it gave my right location...
  • That worked for me too Bumble  thx :)
This discussion has been closed.