This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Time zone

Hi,

is there a place (other than the location) where you can set a time zone?
For some reason, homey won't start flows that are triggered by the sunset start time or other time,

When I say: "Ok Homey, what's the time", homey tells me that the time is actually 2 hours earlier (so in my case GMT -1 instead of GMT +1).

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,
Johan

Comments

• ArdArd Member
    Same here
  • had the same problem,
    Set the location, reset Homey, wait a while / night and presto there it was..
  • Same problem here.

Yesterday the time was 2 hours off. Today after setting the location manualy (no real change) and 2 restarts the problem still exists.
  • I had to wait a night and then... It was oke
  • hojanhojan Member
    Had the same issue yesterday, so that didn't work for me.
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited April 2016
    Same here, just did manually pinpoint my location and now rebooting...

<update> Still 2 hours off. </update>
  • cjvscjvs Member
    Had the same issue, left it on automatic location detection, and time was OK after a reboot (on 0.8.30)
  • CivilNLCivilNL Member
    edited April 2016
    I have set location to automatic again two days ago. Still the date is two hours off.

2016-04-22T06:45:13.071Z

Real time is 8:45

I'm on Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.29
  • Z = zulu-time (UTC) so the time it's showing is correct...
  • aloftaloft Member
    I think question (and answer) should be in the FAQ ;-)   Or an extra explanation in the 'show stuff for geeks'.  "Zulu" is not a well known abbreviation for UTC timezone outside of the military and pilots. 
  • It should be clear when looking at that time in homey itself that the time shown there may not be your local time. Such simple things should not force a user to consult other information sources then homey itself.

• Seems to be wrong somewhere in the system??
    look at the picture below pulled from the system settings:
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited December 2016
    I just found out my Homey was one hour off, so I checked the geek section. There I noticed no timezone was specified! Even after a reboot, Homey didn't show me a timezone and the time was still one hour off.

[update]
    I just noticed when I set my location to auto, the timezone is correct! And it stays that way when I switch back to manual location.
  • Just to let everyone know. I got my Homey last week and noticed the time was off by one hour. The automatic location in the settings was correct. So, when I read this thread I decided to manually set my location and reboot Homey. And sure enough, now the time is correct.
    I know someone else who just got his Homey and had the exact same problem. I would say this needs some investigation, as it's not a good out-of-the-box experience when you create your first Alarm after just installing your Homey and you wonder why it doesn't work (because of the one hour difference of course).