This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

SDK, when is it released ?

2»

Comments

• Once upon a time I downloaded the devkit for windows... With the arrival of Homey (hopefully) coming closer, I decided to revamp this project. I have a folder in the root of my C-drive, so no issues on spaces in the foldername (Just in case...), called homey. In that folder is a 'dist' and an Apps folder. I am able to start nw.exe, I do get some editor and I am able to log on. Next I open the example app nl.athom.hello, but when I try to run, I get 'Error: Parse Error'. Am I doing something stupid here? (I have to admit that I am a programmer, but new to Java and its environment, so it might be a stupid beginners error.)

Next I thought Ok, let's download the linux version on my ubuntu VM. But then I run around in circles. On developers.athom.com I click on the linux button, I end up on github. There it states that it is for the development of the SDK, and if I want to get the SDK to develop apps, I have to go to developers.athom.com. That's where I came from. So, I miss a clue. (Or I have no clue at all and am just an ignorant brainless guy:)). I also noticed that the last update is 4 months ago...

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We've discontinued the devkit (gui) for now, because it took too much time and the quality didn't meet our requirements.

I still have to to update the landing page for the developers website.

Please use the command line tolls, athom-cli, for app development :)

• Ok, finish Homey and then focus on the dev kit, lol

• Ok, thanks, I can stop scratching my head on how stupid I am. (well, at least for this reason...)

This discussion has been closed.