This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Is there ANY other PIR than KaKu APIR-2150 that is supported

Hello;

Does someone know if there is any other PIR motion detector that can be used OUTSIDE with Homey? The KaKu APIR-2150 is failing due to its poor signal strength.

Nice weekend!

André

Comments

• I use the Fibaro motion sensor, but not direct in the open air
  • Annie said:
    Hello;

Does someone know if there is any other PIR motion detector that can be used OUTSIDE with Homey? The KaKu APIR-2150 is failing due to its poor signal strength.

Nice weekend!

André
    I fixed my transmit range  problem soldering a better antenna :smile: 
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/24733/#Comment_24733
  • Soldered 20 cm of wire on to the original antenna and drilled a tiny hole in the housing to feed through the wire. As far as I can see, things function reliable now. The signal that the APIR-2150 produces is really s****y.... the detector is placed only 5 metres from Homey. Anyway, problems solved. Thanks for your comments, have a nice weekend,

André

• @Annie
    The signal that the APIR-2150 produces is not bad. Homey can't received properly. Lost it after 4 meters.

For a test I have it taken it out of the box yesterday. The RFXtrx433E saw the signal from the 2nd floor.
    This moment I did paired the APIR to an ACD-1000 and that react perfect from the 2nd floor.

Now tell me, who is to blame.

Put APIR for the 2nd time back in the box. ;)

• Hi Theo;

This proves something... I hope Homey will get an update that will improve it's KaKu reception.

Thanks for responding,

André

• That hope, I have giving up Annie. :'(
  • Annie said:

Soldered 20 cm of wire on to the original antenna and drilled a tiny hole in the housing to feed through the wire. As far as I can see, things function reliable now. The signal that the APIR-2150 produces is really s****y.... the detector is placed only 5 metres from Homey. Anyway, problems solved. Thanks for your comments, have a nice weekend,

André

I advise to cut the wire to approximately 16,8 cm as that is the optimal length tor the frequency. Homey with the old firmware did receive  the signal  from a remote wiyh cr2032 battery from one location but not from the normal apir. after the antenna  mod it worked. 
    I have read other domotica fora with users experienceing the same withe the apir.
    Software optimizations on Homey only can make it better. 
  •  Hi Geurt:

Thanks! I will shorten the wire a bit.

This discussion has been closed.