This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Plex Home (multiple plex Users)

Good morning all!
I have a question about using PLEX with Homey.
I have PLEX server and PLEX Home Theater (latest plexpass versions) on a MacMini, connected on a Onkyo TX-NR636 and a Samsung C series LED TV
I have PLEX Home setup with 3 users: myself, wife with pincodes and kids account without pincode.
PLEX Home Theater is always on the login screen if we start PLEX Home Theater.

Is Homey able to login and switch users?
So if I say: "Hey Homey, I want to watch the new episode of Game of Thrones" Homey has to login in my account and start S05E01 of GoT

Comments

• Hi BasPost,

I'm currently in the process of developing the Homey Plex App. The Plex (HTTP) API is fairly limited in its capabilities, however, I'm reverse engineering more and more features every day. I have not yet looked at this specific use-case, and at a first glance, it might be pretty challenging to implement (how would you switch dynamically using just voice commands etc). However, I like challenges, so I'll put this functionality on my TODO list :-)

Thanks for your question!
  • Hello MikeOne, nice to meet you! :-) Thanks for you're response!
    I would like to help in any case! My first thoughts would be, that you have to register the Plex Users in the Homey Plex App, with there pincodes. If I would ask Homey to start a movie, Homey should recognize my voice and so the matching registered Plex User and login to Plex Home Theater. If it would be possible.
  • I don't know if there is voice recognition to determine the user already?
    Has been a hot topic previous in the context of security: friends shutting down lights or kids doing all sort of (unintentional) commands...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Definitely not at launch, but it's on the roadmap!
  • Plex home is an essential feature, without it, I don't see Homey being that useful (With regards Plex). Plex integration was the primary reason I bought Homey...

• @RobinVanKekem: The solutions to your problems are #1 switch off voicecommand during visits from your friends (what kind of friends are they, talking to your appliances anyway, do they talk to your dog too?) #2 Don't get kids.

• @Athomey Not my issues but that of several people.
    As for the dog: yes, they do talk to the dog.
    And I already have kids but that's the least of my concerns.
    I just have some friends who like to have a laugh.

• ;-)

• AaronAaron Member

Friends like Athomey? ;-)

• Lol, I guess.
    But theoretically it's possible to yell through a opened window and open blinds, disarm domotica etc

• AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited April 2015

This is why I'm not planning to automate the locks on the outside of my house any time soon. Though I hope the neighbours will call the police if RobinVanKekem is screaming through my open windows.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited April 2015

Anything sensitive won't be able to trigger on speech. Such as disarming locks :) Maybe later when we roll out user recognition, but we have to test the safety first.

This discussion has been closed.