This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App] Philio

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    Homey only works in decimal numbers (so in this case 127), the zwave modules only work in hexadecimal (so in this case (0x)7F )
    this is not always 1 byte though, some parameters use 2 or 4 bytes (2 bytes: 00 7F, 4 bytes: 00 00 00 7F)
    that is why we need to specify a size: # value in the driver

for the parameters it is automatically changed to the correct hexadecimal value for most cases, this is done in the z-wave driver files
    so it does need to be specified in decimal (more human readable) values within homey

but to keep it simple, no for homey there is no difference, as long as homey's end IS decimal
  • cautjecautje Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi,
    Need some help here, there is no data popping up.
    Does someone know what could be wrong?

Smal dip swiches one off and one on
    Big dip swich in front off the battery to the left

THX!!!

• Have the same problem here with my PST02-A. Tried to fix it and added a pull request to the main branch last night. This still didn't fix it for me, but at least should apply the correct settings and make the setting screen work.

It looks like the settings to the PST02 aren't applied by Homey when initial set-up, and also the settings won't be applied after saving and waking the device. At least for me.

I hope the new version will be in the store soon and then you can retest it with firmware 0.10.5 (with a lot of Z-wave fixes). But don't get your hopes up yet.
  • cautjecautje Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes, tried on 10.5 did not change or working
  • Submitted app for approval.
  • @RobinVanKekem ;
    If you can wait with submitting for +/- an hour, fixing the settings for you in both drivers :smile: 
  • @caseda, shure, I'll cancel the approval!
  • done :smile: i did not check the command classes, just fixed up the settings to what they should be in this version of homey, so if still not working, and i have some time left, i might look at this (did not do it immediately because it takes a lot of time if you don't have the sensor yourself)
  • With the new version the Homey debugger got a big improvement. I can actually see events coming in. Now the biggest question is. How to parse them... Anyone an idea on how to parse this event:

[debug] node.CommandClass['COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CMD'].on('report') arguments: { '0': { value: 1, name: 'MULTI_CMD_ENCAP' },  '1':    { 'Number of Commands (Raw)': <Buffer 03>,     'Number of Commands': 3,     'Variant Group': [ [Object] ] },  '2': null }

• caseda said:
    done :smile: i did not check the command classes, just fixed up the settings to what they should be in this version of homey, so if still not working, and i have some time left, i might look at this (did not do it immediately because it takes a lot of time if you don't have the sensor yourself)
    Nice, thanks!
    I'll check your PR so I can learn  ;)
  • I'll check your PR so I can learn  ;)
    if you have any question about something, feel free to ask them :smile:
  • Added a fix for the PST02-A, device is now working correctly on my local build (app version 0.0.8, homey version 0.10.5). When the version is submitted to the App Store I hope it will be available for you soon and that it will work properly for others :)
  • Hero!!!!  :)
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited October 2016
    Re-submitted v0.0.8 (3rd time today, lol)
  • What do we think?

Philio, right???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zipato-ph-psm01-eu-Trio-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor/dp/B00Q68IR50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476607741&sr=8-2&keywords=z-wave+multi

Further, I really want to add my relay, I'll see if I can figure it out.
  • Yeah, Philio and Zipato are somehow related devices... There are also two apps in the Homey app store supporting the devices. Still haven't found out what the difference is between those yet.
  • V0.0.8 is published in the store!
  • Now is works super!!!
    THX!!!!

On wicht possition has the jumper to be? 
    I cant read it in het manual.
    The smal dip swiches ar now 1 off and 2 on

THX!
  • Any news on if the switch (in wall) can be added?
  • Hi,

On wicht possition has the jumper to be? 
    I cant read it in het manual.
    The smal dip swiches ar now 1 off and 2 on

THX!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2016
    @cautje
    from the manual:
    Function DIP
    There is one function DIP switch in front of the device.
    Remove the front cover in the right top of the PCB, and also has mark “M1” and “M2” for two switch.
    Notice: PST02-C don't have DIP switch in hardware.

M1 M2 Description
    ON ON Test Mode.
    ON OFF Normal Mode.
    OFF ON Normal Mode.
    OFF OFF Customer Mode.
    According to the configuration setting NO. 5 to set the operation mode
  • @caseda ;
    Hi, i Have Read this.
    My question is about the bigger single horizontale dip switch.

And another question is why sabotage is Always in alarm, the swich on the Back is closed.
    Thx!
  • @caseda ;
    Hi, i Have Read this.
    My question is about the bigger single horizontale dip switch.

And another question is why sabotage is Always in alarm, the swich on the Back is closed.
    Thx!
  • @cautje, i think that is just a tamper button? as soon as you take the cover off it will give a tamper alarm... probably also the reason why it stays on?
  • @caseda ;
    No, that is the one on the back.
    I mean the jumper richt above the battery if you open the case.
    Not the M1 M2
    In the red circle
  • @cautje ;
    S3 = the button i meant, cover off = tamper alarm button

Almost seems like you are the only one wondering that on the interwebs, no information about it anywhere, first thought it was the PIR sensitivity but that is settable in the parameters.

maybe the brightness of the LED?
    otherwise really don't know
  • @caseda ;
    I will ask Philio and share the answer here.
    Thx!

• fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited November 2016

@cautje

There are two tamper switches of This is the same as most door contacts. 1 as You have circled for the cover and one which cannot be seen on the back of the sensor.

If you look at the cover there should be a corresponding peg or strip that makes contact with this button. 

• Answers Philio:

Q: What is the function from the jumper inside

A: the jumper is for changing the sensitivity of PIR manually, high and low.

this hardware jumper is not for the end user but only for our engineering purpose and that’s why we did not mention it in our user manual.

the sensitivity can be adjusted by the software.

Default is on the left —> H

• So my initial guess was right after all :smiley:

kinda weird that they left something like that still in, jumpers aren't very cheap to leave in if they don't really need it on mass produced products

production cost in china must be cheaper then changing the board layout i guess