This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Checking conditions after negative condition

Yesterday I noticed Homey will still check all conditions in the and-column, even after a condition results in 'false'. I have a flow which is triggered by motion and then checks the following:
- will the garbage be collected tomorrow?
- is it after 18:00?
- is there a timer running?
- ask for confirmation if the garbage is already outside

Now, every time someone walks into the room, Homey starts this flow. Even though the garbage is not collected tomorrow, it still performs the other checks including the confirmation. So, every time someone moves in the room, Homey starts talking about garbage. And no matter what you answer, Homey doesn't respond to it because it never performs the actions since not all conditions are met.

I think it would be nice if Homey just stops checking after the first check is negative. This would stop unnecessary checking of conditions and asking questions to which it will never respond.

Comments

• These conditions are checked all at once (a-synch). Homey doesn't know which condition to check first. So if you want to create this, you could make one flow which checks the three other conditions and sets a variable after that. Then in another flow you can use "variable changed" as a trigger and have that flow ask for confirmation.
  • Hmm, that's a pity, although I see the logic in there. This means I have to add some more flows for the same thing.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Some future update will make conditions sortable, and then they will be executed after eachother.
  • This should have been fixed in version 0.10.3, but yesterday my Homey was constantly reminding me to put the trash outside. Even though the trash is not collected until Thursday. So it seems there's still an issue with the checking of conditions.

My flow:

When I test this flow, I see the first two conditions are marked with a red cross and the others are not checked at all. That's what I expect, but yesterday Homey was still checking the last condition and asking me for confirmation every time someone moved.
  • May be the same as
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/992
    though the behaviour is opposite

• It seems that this issue is still not resolved:

However, when I change the time requirement to 'later' (so it's 'false' now), the other checks are not performed. So it seems that only the time card is able to stop performing the other checks. Is this something in Homey or does every app have to implement the 'stop performing other checks'-functionality?