This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Z-Wave.Me

Comments

• What do you mean with "categories that don't exist in the appstore" ?  That way I know what to do different in future.
  • This is your commit of the app.json file: https://github.com/priknr1/me.zwave/blob/b3c4d1aab4c64d4ba06d18a9174d76b4181d9b38/app.json

You specified the 'category' to be 'lights', 'socket' and 'windowcoverings'. That doesn't seem to be accepted by Athom when I request the app to be validated.
  • Strange thing:

https://developers.athom.com/library/drivers/capabilities/

I actually first had everything as Light (which is the class that was already there for the devices already supported)
    But then, when I said "lampen uit"   Both my lights went out, and my blinds closed.

I then changed the classes.  And now my lights repond to light. And my blinds respond to blinds

So Homey does know it, and it actually works perfectly <span>:sweat:</span>
  • Strange. I will take a further look at it later tonight. Just state the obvious any changes will be processed in the next update (not in the currently pending one).

I have to be honest that I just received 8 Fibaro Dimmers so I don't know where my focus will really be later tonight ... if you feel my drift ;)
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I sure get that  :)
    Well, I installed the app with NodeJS, so I will continue with that one, untill the changes are made and committed to Homey :D

• I just tested it again and I get the following message when I try to submit the app:
    invalid category 'socket/windowcoverings' in app.json. Allowed catergories: [lights, video, music, appliances, security, climate, tools, internet, localization, energy]

Sounds to me that where trying to add the categories to the wrong location in the file. I think that location is only used to display a label in the appstore and not to define the category for the device itself.
  • 0.0.8 is in the Appstore now! Looking forward to test it tonight.
  • It is the only place I changed it. And when I did install the app including the socket/windowcoverings , it worked for me as desired.

How do I / you / we get Athom to have a look at it?

• I will discus this in the Slack channel. I guest one of the gues there might know what we are doing wrong heren. I'l keep you in the loop.
  • It already sounded to good to be true. But I still can't add my Z-Wave devices. I get the following messages during inclusion:

• Node has been identified as a slave
    • Node identification complete
    • Could not reach the device anymore
    • Please retry adding the device by holding it closer to Homey.
  • Ok. Solved. After relocating my Homey it worked. Not closer, but further away :neutral:

• MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm receiving an error on my Everlux SKU: ZME_05433 (was working before)

Multi Channels Nodes worden opgehaald (NL)
    Multi Channels Nodes are collected / received .... or something like that
  • @Michael @Icarus @Priknr1  Guys any idea why it isn't working anymore?
    I've the Everlux SKU: ZME_05433 it was working for a long time for 3 dimmers today I tried a re-install to see if the status is send back when manual controle the dimmer.

What I have tried:

remove device --> install device
    unplug power
    Reset - keeping data
    Reset - remove all
    distance from 4m --> 3m --> 2m --> 0,5m -->0,1m

After testing atleast 30 times I'm done for now hope you guys can help me

At the app store I saw also a message from Robbie:

any timewindow before the 05443 dimmer wil be working? Looking for this for a long time and would be awsome!
  • Also tried:

Github version 0.0.9 Giving error:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/054336Z/driver.js:4:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • You should download the homey-zwavedriver to node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/

• MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @BasVanDenBosch I've added the driver now the app is working / not crashing but still no go

Still pairing hangs on: Multi Channels Nodes worden opgehaald
    Also when I try plain zwave app same error I have three dimmers of this module all three I can't use from homey anymore

So I'm back to the beginning (geek edition) a very expensive lightbulb

Anything I can try????
  • @Menno I have the same issue, but not directly linked to the Z-Wave.Me app but adding a Z-Wave.Me switch as generic device since the app does not support it.

Looks like an issue in the Z-Wave driver from Homey...
  • @mauriceb  I not sure what the problem is also installed my fibaro devices today (motion sensor, dimmer 2 and wallplug) all with no problems.

So it seems it's the z-wave.me app, z-wave driver or a combination of both
    All I know that it was working for me for a long time, but now it doesn't

developers do you guys have an idea? @Michael @Icarus @Priknr1 
  • The update to v0.0.8 actually is an improvement for me :). Thanks!

Duwi dimmer with article number 05458 (Z-Wave plus) is working now. It's recognized as Duwi built-in dimmer - 05433. There is only one small bug. The slider stays light gray when I switch the dimmer on instead of solid black.
  • luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited January 2017
    Update works for my dimmers :)

Now the battery switch still is on the list. 054436
    Anyone got that working? OR does any knwo how to add a device to homey as main controller.
    But also let the device accept external input from my switch?
    I want the switch to be implemented as the one at the bottom right   (no adding in homey but direct to a lamp known by homey)

• Nice to hear the update is working for other types then mine (05433) strange that the 05458 is detected as 05433
    Does anyone have the old github version? so I can try that one?
  • I found a possible cause of the problems. I just checked the source code on GIT and found that a device has been added twice (same manufacturerId, productTypeId and productId). I can't promise anything but I might have a look at that later tonight. This might explain why some people can't add the device at all and and others get a different device.
  • @Icarus that would be great! I hope you can have a look!
  • @Menno I just removed the double device in the app.json and submitted a request to update the driver. If you want to test it you can use the source in github or just wait until the app is approved in the appstore!
  • @Icarus just back home will do a github test and will let you know brb!
  • @Icarus hmm can't get it to work I did manual copy the driver but I receive the following error

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-log'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:3:13)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @Icarus 
    Removed the homey-log lines now the github installation is working but still same error.
    Also I don't see the model anymore (removed) but I don't see the other one either (05458) 

Time for me to have some sleep!
     Many thanks for trying to help
  • The device 05468 and 054336Z have the same identification information. Your device will probably be recognized as 054336Z and not als 05468. To be honest I don't know what device is correct so I removed one of them to at least make the code work properly.
  • Update works for my dimmers :)

Now the battery switch still is on the list. 054436
    Anyone got that working? OR does any knwo how to add a device to homey as main controller.
    But also let the device accept external input from my switch?
    I want the switch to be implemented as the one at the bottom right   (no adding in homey but direct to a lamp known by homey)

I tried everything the manual said last night but couldnt get it to work.
    Once the dimmer has been connected to homey, it wont send a NIF anymore that it is available.

Anyone has an idea how to do this?
    Or could the switch be added to Homey?

Posted before:
    Also by Priknr1 (https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/40122/#Comment_40122)
    http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/35
    Duwi battery wall controller (switch)
    inclusion  hold 2 sec
    Manufacturer:         100
    Product Type ID:     20482
    Product ID:         0

OR/the same?

Wall switch/dimmer   (Plak schakelaar op batterijen)
    http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/321
    Ik ga even checken of de id's overeenkomen.
    Google cache PDF:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yUzPXI_1cyEJ:manuals.zwaveeurope.com/make.php%3Flang%3Den%26type%3Dmini%26sku%3DZME_054436%26pdf%3D1+&cd=7&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl&client=firefox-b-ab

• MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @Icarus I'm wondering if it went okay:

My device is the ZME_05433 (with nothing behind it no 6 and no 6z)
    With the Product ID = 9 (6 and 6z have product ID = 0 I believe)
    Manufacturer ID =100 (was not the same as 054336Z see quote below)

Icarus said:
    The device 05468 and 054336Z have the same identification information. 

--------------------------------- and -----------------------------

I took a look at the information your provided but I can't seem to find a Manufacturer ID (100) in any of my code. The devices currently supported are '054336Z' and '05461'.
    Maybe I'm wrong but mentioned devices have nothing to do with mine

Jesper said:
    Duwi dimmer with article number 05458 (Z-Wave plus) is working now. It's recognized as Duwi built-in dimmer - 05433. 
    So it sounds to me maybe the code for 05458 and 05433 are the same 

Before I could select the dimmer by icon from devices now it's gone:

The error that I have:
    Multi Channel Nodes worden opgehaald

Do you know what it's trying to found then? I have no Idea