This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Philips Hue Bridge won't connect

2»

Comments

• BumbleBumble Member
    Ok. No need to update then
  • Hi all

For you having problems pairing hue bridge: i have pfsense router and now disabled the dns resolver and tried to pair.

Its working perfect.

• viktor said:
    Hi all

For you having problems pairing hue bridge: i have pfsense router and now disabled the dns resolver and tried to pair.

Its working perfect.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean..?
    I didn't update to the latest version, still on the latest stable. 8.39?
  • BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    I did something that I did a few times before, but now I have paired my first Hue light! And it works!

I removed the Hue app (deleted) en installed it again from the app store. Now I can pair, and.. I didn't do something else with pairing.

Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.39
  • Enjoy...
  • no succes for me firmware 0.9.1
  • Hello,

I'm a new Homey user (I've been using it for more or less 1 week). I moved from Fibaro HCL to Homey to be able to integrate my Hue Lamps and Sonos Speakers in flows. Up to yesterday Homey was controlling:

- 2 Fibaro doorsensors
    - 2 Aeotec windowsensors
    - 1 Aeotec siren
    - 1 Fibaro keyfob
    - 3 Fibaro smoke detectors
    - 2 Sonos Play 1 speakers
    - 6 Hue lamps

Homey is running on 1.1.19. The Hue App v2.2.4

This morning I couldn't control my Hue Lamps with Homey. I tried a reboot of Homey and a reboot of the Hue bridge (version 1) without succes. I deleted and reinstalled the Hue App. After that I can no longer add my lamps to Homey. Homey recognises the bridge (with fixed IP address) but keeps asking "push the bridge button". No response whether I push the button before, immediately or with a short delay. Tried to disable/enable the Hue App several times but no succes in adding my lamps. I can control my lamps on my tablet with the Philips Hue App and can add the lamps on my Amazon Dot.
  • fiekfiek Member
    I have the same after the update to 1.2.0 rc8. All lights are unreachable. Tried the following

- Reboot
    - Ptp
    - Restart Hue app
  • Had the same issue had to delete te lamps and reboot Homey and add the lamps again. Now it works.
  • edited March 2017
    By deleting the Hue app the lamps were deleted. After re-installing the app I'm unable to add them again. The screen keeps showing the "push the bridge button" image.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited March 2017
    Just installed 1.2 rc9 and managed to revive the lamps by pressing the button on the bridge. U have to add a new lamp and then press the button on the hue bridge. Homey then says that there are no new lights. After that the lights are available again @dreamflightexpress try installing RC 9
  • Hi Fiek. Thx for the input. I'm on the so called "stable" 1.1.19. All is working fine with exception of Hue. Do you know how much time they normally spend between experimental and publishing it as stable (I'm new here)?