This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Voice input from other members on my Homey?

I asked this couple of months ago but never received a good answer, therefore I try again...
When I speak to my Homey I get very often feedback (in speech-input page) thats completely different then the sentence I said. Sometimes it looks like the backend servers don't know or mine up the original location of the voice translation request. After weeks not using Homey I turned it on today and installed the iOS app. I was flabbergasted that I see in the speech-output page Android requests, I don't have any Android devices in my house! I tried to say in Dutch watch television (televisie kijken). I tried it multiple times and only once it recognized the sentence correctly. Weird tho when I select the Dutch language on my Homey I get English results. Probably it is better to group the voice to text requests in languages. 

Please explain if I see it all wrong...

Comments

• All mobile clients are labelled with Android even the iOS apps so no need to worry there. I doubt voices are mixed up, I never experienced mix ups. Not sure about the recognition quality of Dutch language, I have had my Homey setup in English from the beginning and recognition on the app is nearly flawless and on Homey without background noise 90% and with the TV/music on around 60%.
  • Sorry for opening a new topic, it looks like I didnt look for a thread that already covering this subject.

I post it in a impuls because of "bonkend hart in mijn keel" annoyance... I can say what I want to Homey but never listen to me correctly. I don't mind if its a little off but 9,9 of 10 attempts it's completely off!

This topic can be closed!
  • Martijn said:
    Sorry for opening a new topic, it looks like I didnt look for a thread that already covering this subject.

I post it in a impuls because of "bonkend hart in mijn keel" annoyance... I can say what I want to Homey but never listen to me correctly. I don't mind if its a little off but 9,9 of 10 attempts it's completely off!

This topic can be closed!
    There seems to be a huge difference in voice recognition among Homey users. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    iirc Dutch voice doesn't work on IOS yet...
  • Ahhh ok... Thanks for the feedback guys! I will read the other thread, so no dumb-ass questions asked again by me ;)
  • mitchmitch Member
    All mobile clients are labelled with Android even the iOS apps so no need to worry there. I doubt voices are mixed up, I never experienced mix ups. Not sure about the recognition quality of Dutch language, I have had my Homey setup in English from the beginning and recognition on the app is nearly flawless and on Homey without background noise 90% and with the TV/music on around 60%.
    Did you do the voice training or did you skip it? 
  • mitch said:
    All mobile clients are labelled with Android even the iOS apps so no need to worry there. I doubt voices are mixed up, I never experienced mix ups. Not sure about the recognition quality of Dutch language, I have had my Homey setup in English from the beginning and recognition on the app is nearly flawless and on Homey without background noise 90% and with the TV/music on around 60%.
    Did you do the voice training or did you skip it? 
    I believe that only lowers the efficiency of the 'OK Homey' trigger, not the actual speech-to-text parse, but nonetheless it will improve this user's experiences.
  • Never tried voice training because it worked great from the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.