This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

X-10

For some old equipment I need to use the X-10 protocol.
Currently I am using HomeSeer 3 for this, with a device on the USB port.
Will this also included in the release of this product?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Nope, but maybe later! We go a lot of requests for X10 :)
  • With Insteon-hub you can send X10 commands (and Insteon commands), maybe interesting for the question of implementation of the insteon-hub protocol?
    Definitely. There are many hubs that talk X10. We're still deciding whether to (officially) support one or multiple for them.
  • How about the old X10 (rf)  protocol, is it implemented ??
  • JPe said:
    How about the old X10 (rf)  protocol, is it implemented ??
    or can Homey learn to send the commands from a remote?
  • JPe: not that I'm by no means an expert on Homey, but, I've found that X-10 radio frequency is 433MHz, and Homey does have a transceiver for 433MHz on-board. So in theory, it could learn the signal and transmit it by itself from there on. Perhaps someone from Athom can confirm this.
    novaflash said:
    JPe: not that I'm by no means an expert on Homey, but, I've found that X-10 radio frequency is 433MHz, and Homey does have a transceiver for 433MHz on-board. So in theory, it could learn the signal and transmit it by itself from there on. Perhaps someone from Athom can confirm this.
    You're right, however I do not know the inner workings of X10 RF to be conclusive about this. But in theory, it should work :)
  • Emile said:
    novaflash said:
    JPe: not that I'm by no means an expert on Homey, but, I've found that X-10 radio frequency is 433MHz, and Homey does have a transceiver for 433MHz on-board. So in theory, it could learn the signal and transmit it by itself from there on. Perhaps someone from Athom can confirm this.
    You're right, however I do not know the inner workings of X10 RF to be conclusive about this. But in theory, it should work :)
    I would like to control my Marmitek CM15 Pro using Homey. Homey can send 433Mhz but how do I get Homey to learn the commands like lights on/off etc.? It does not respond to the remote I'm using. So how to get this working?