This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Return to stable release line, by unchecking 'experimental' and await the next stable release?

Suppose I subscribed my Homey to the experimental release channel and suppose my Homey is now on an experimental version.

Will it in this situation be possible to uncheck the subscription from the experimental channel?

I understand that if I want to return to the latest stable release, I need to reset the Homey (maybe even with the help of Athom). 

But (if the answer to the above question was affirmative) what happens if I just uncheck my subscription to the experimental channel? Will my Homey pick up the next stable release?

Elucidation:
I can imagine I already created a nice set of flows and that I might lose my interest in the experimental updates. I want to know if I can move to the stable release line (in a relaxed way, just waiting for the next stable) while keeping my existing flows.

Comments

• DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited June 2016
    You can not uncheck experimental once you enabled it.

(and I wouldn't expect you are going to keep your flows anyhow in this phase of development, but that's a different story)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    Well... it is possible to uncheck, but you will need to full reset (include deleting the data). You will still be on the last experimental version though, no last stable version.
  • lexlex Member

Crystal clear. :)  Thank you!
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    When we release a flashtool, you can restore your Homey, and that will also revert it to the latest stable release. Your settings will be gone, though.
  • Emile said:
    When we release a flashtool, you can restore your Homey, and that will also revert it to the latest stable release. Your settings will be gone, though.
    Any idea when flashtool will be available?
  • Emile said:
    @Emile ;
    As HansieNL before me already asked: When will you release a flashtool in order to revert to other firmware releases? This would greatly help users with testing by being able to switch back and forth between releases in order to determine differences.
  • lex said:

You can however uncheck the automatic update option.
    This way you do still stay on the experimental, but when a new stable is release, you can manually update to that version and you will not get any experimentals after that (unless you choose to).
  • Fire69 said:
    lex said:

You can however uncheck the automatic update option.
    This way you do still stay on the experimental, but when a new stable is release, you can manually update to that version and you will not get any experimentals after that (unless you choose to).
    But apps are also not gonna be updated. 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    Don't know if that is linked to the auto-update for firmware. 
    @Emile?
  • Since 0.10.0 you can tick auto-update for apps...
  • Before 1.10.0 it was auto updating the apps anyway, now we have a checkbox like Bas mentioned.

• Since 0.10.0 you can tick auto-update for apps...
    Seen that. But the question is if fw update is disabled are apps gonna be updated?
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited September 2016
    If u check the box they do yes.
    And i know because i have FW auto update unchecked and app update checked. Yesterday the BL app updated so confirmed.
  • If u check the box they do yes.
    And i know because i have FW auto update unchecked and app update checked. Yesterday the BL app updated so confirmed.
    OK Thx, that's clear now.