This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Microphone dead after Factory reset?

After doing a factory reset( turning upside down proces) I have the problem that Homey is not responding properly anymore to to any speech input. Seems the microphone is not working properly anymore? Only when im 5 centimeters away from it it sometimes is responding. Im having like 1 positive out of 15 attempts when being this close to it.
Is this a known issue? Im on the latest build: 0.8.34
Didn't have this before the restore to factory process. 
Is there a way to sort this as i can't use speech anymore. 
Already tried multiple rebooting attempts which didn't help as well. Microphone is enabled in the settings menu btw :-)

Comments

• RikPostRikPost Member
    Same problem over here. I didn't do a factory reset but Homey wasn't responding to OK Homey. When I tried it again about 10 cm next to Homey it did trigger.
    Hopefully the next update will fix it!
  • Same here. Cannot get it to respond to anything... completely died so it seems.
  • oliveolive Member
    I dont do factory Reset but same problem here, the problem is when i go 3-4 meters away, homey dont understand me. I hope athom works on the speech input.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @olive that's probably an echo-issue. You could try to place Homey at another place in the room, might work better. It's something different from the others, they talk about 10 cm from Homey... Did any of you already file a bug of Github?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @olive that's probably an echo-issue.
    BTW, 3-4 meters is quite something... I don't see any other devices doing this...  If you're further away you could use your phone...
  • oliveolive Member
    @olive that's probably an echo-issue. You could try to place Homey at another place in the room, might work better. It's something different from the others, they talk about 10 cm from Homey... Did any of you already file a bug of Github?
    Yes i tried another place, but same problem. I think from a litle far away, homey dont understand me so good. I hope athom works on there. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Can you guys where the microphone is still dead send a crashlog?
  • @Emile : EB4B9655A8
  • RikPostRikPost Member
    @Emile ;11A567F30E

It's not completely dead, more like hearing impaired.
    It does trigger when I'm about 10 cm from his 'ears'.
  • With me, Even being this close, it still has a hearing problem most of the times...
  • WouterNLDWouterNLD Member
    edited May 2016
    @Emile : 6FFA6887F4

Completely died. 
  • RikPostRikPost Member
    After the 0.8.35 update it's working fine again!
  • FrontrunnerFrontrunner Member
    edited May 2016
    I updated to 0.8.35 and now my microphone is dead. It doesn't hear anything. Crashlog, via system, send to Athom. Please advice what to do? Keep up the good work. :smiley: 

@Emile ;Crashlog: 127C654291
  • I rebooted again (4x) and now Homey response to Ok Homey,... Only now he doesn't hear everything very well. I have to repeat several times before he understands me. 
  • It looks like Homey stopped listening again. Anyone else with the same issue?