This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

XBMC

Hi - will Homey work with XBMC - I see you've integrated with Plex but as an XBMC user I'd like to see some correlation with that.

Comments

• Since XBMC has a remote control api and Homey has a programmable SDK I'm pretty sure that even if support isn't there at launch, someone will get it working in no time.
  • PaulPaul Member
    Hi, I also want to see integration with XBMC. looking forward to seeing what can be done either officially or by the community.
  • me2, me2 ;) ;)
  • I would expect that I just call out 'Homey, please start XBMC Bates Motel season 2 episode 5' and it will start my hardware, adjust it to the right settings, finds the required TV series......... Or do I expect too much now?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I would expect something like that also :-P
  • PaulPaul Member
    "Homey, please start XBMC, 24, season 9, episode 12, and bring me a beer and some popcorn!" Am I expecting too much now? :)
  • "Homey, please start XBMC, 24, season 9, episode 12, and bring me a beer and some popcorn!" Am I expecting too much now? :)
    I guess Homey is not able to control my wife to bring beer and popcorrn ;|

Just for the record... it is a joke ;)

• PaulPaul Member
    You mean "Just in case the wife reads this.. its a joke" ;)
  • Lol, maybe if Homey promesses something to the wife, he will be able to pursuade the wife?

JK (Just kidding)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Haha, yeah, we'll support XMBC <3
  • MariusBrandMariusBrand Member
    edited November 2014
    Will Homey improve the XBMC links quality too ;) Too many are not working......
    @MariusBrand, what do you meant with 'XBMC links quality'?
  • XBMC works with links to different sources. there are just too many that don't work. It would be great if Homey can select only the good quality working links for me. Just kidding.
    Ahh :-) What we've at least got working so far is your local library!
  • Perfect, just put the stuff in that works than.
  • I hope that the XBMC add-ons also will be supported and not only the local library.
  • Emile said:
    Ahh :-) What we've at least got working so far is your local library!
    Any news on supporting Kodi addons?
  • Emile said:
    I am wondering who is developing the XBMC / KODI app? Athom, like @Emile  said, or someone from the community, like displayed in Trello?
  • Any news about this? It's not on GitHub or apps.athom.com yet...
  • also wondering if it will be supported; i've also created a forum post due to xbmc name to kodi change and full wish of functionalitie
  • On the public timeline on Trello it is suggested that the Kodi app is being developed by the community but as of yet I have not seen anyone picking this up. Is someone actually working on this? And if not, perhaps it would be better to remove the card from Trello to avoid confusion.
  • Emile said:
    Any news on this topic
    @Emile ;
  • +1 would really like to see this implemented  :)
This discussion has been closed.