This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Default voice command triggers interfere with flow voice triggers.

Hey there. Getting frustrating with the homey voice commands. If I want to use a phrase that contains a basic homey trigger words it ignores my flow.
Example: "Hey homey, Go to night time mode."
Homey reply: "The time is, bla bla bla"
The fact that I have a flow with that exact phrase seems to be ignored.
I have no idea yet how to troubleshoot this.

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    Troubleshoot:
    Don't use the words that are build into homey.

I'm sorry but that really is the only way at the moment
  • Where can I find a list with pre-configured Words?
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited May 2016
    Unfortunately:

http://bit.ly/1SV18Ae

Results in:
    Homey: "The time is XX:XX". Not that sexy  :p

:D 
  • @caseda Strange in one of the homey instruction video's I do hear them using a room name variable. Is that fake?
    @Emile I see more and more things happening in the video's and demo's that do not work. Basic stuff like this problem. The sonos app? stuff like that. Whats going on?
  • casedacaseda Member
    Let's just make this more clear.
    Most, if not all the video's they have made during the kickstarter time is Not the software that is now on homey.

Back then there was no working software, everything they showed was glued together to just get a "working" example of what homey can (and will) do in the future.

That homey probably didn't even have the same chips inside as this was still very much in development, but was more just a normal raspberry pi or something of that nature just to get it working. 

Even the small samples of how it works in their office, were probably only a small piece of the code running on homey to make sure the hardware was working properly.
This discussion has been closed.