This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Somfy control

markmgmarkmg Member
My somfy only moves for a few seconds then i have to keep pressing up or down to get my blinds all the way up or down

When i press up or down on my remote they move up or down without pressing it several times

control with homey

control with somfy remote

Comments

• @markmg ;
    Are thoose blinds for a roof window ?? looks realy good, which blinds are you using.. 
    I need to order my rollups soon, and i'm hopefull that somfy will eventualy work.
    thx
  • yep they are for a roof window, 4 seperate one's using somfy, the controlers are above the motors on the top,
    Was was 7/8 years ago when i fitted them not sure the brand anymore, think it was sunway
  • JPeJPe Member
    Don't you per accident press the middle button at the same time as the up/down button, because they are very close to each other and if you don't have very thin fingers, you might press them both (the middle button is stop), also, compared to the somfy-remote, there is some delay between clicking the buttons and the actual start of the moving, my first tries where confusing at this point, now I click the button and wait a few seconds, this works perfect for me, futher I'm only using it in a flow, then the delay is not a problem.
  • i am also using it in a flow

1 flow for blinds up
    and
    1 flow for blinds down

it only responds for a few seconds then stops again
    haved tried controling them seperate and all at once, they keep responding for 2sec then stop 
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    Did factory reset of homey, impossbile to pair somfy now  :(
    is Athom doing something remote that things are not working anymore? 

nothing changed in my situation same somfy, same firmware, only a factory reset 
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    That's why its a beta.

I had several problems, just like that. One moment it works the other moments nothing happens. Just pull the power cord en plug back in after a minute or so.

Works like a charme
  • i cannot explaine everything of this but i read about this on homewizard forum for two years ago.
    they mention then that the signal was dobbel sended, to be sure it was received.  BUT, the second signal which is received stops the first signal.     this is also whit kaku switch  650.
    perhaps someone whit better enghlish explain it here better.
  • i cannot explaine everything of this but i read about this on homewizard forum for two years ago.
    they mention then that the signal was dobbel sended, to be sure it was received.  BUT, the second signal which is received stops the first signal.     this is also whit kaku switch  650.
    perhaps someone whit better enghlish explain it here better.
    Nothing wrong with your english m8!
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    tim1990 said:
    That's why its a beta.

I had several problems, just like that. One moment it works the other moments nothing happens. Just pull the power cord en plug back in after a minute or so.

Works like a charme

Tried everyting, reinstalling, reboot, power cord out for hours, several factory resets.
    Nothing works:'( .

Weird because it seems i am the only one here where its not working.
    They have a long way to go to make homey retail ready, the way its going i am having doubts its only the software.

• BasPostBasPost Member
    Somfy also stopped working for me on 0.8.34  
    deactivate, reboot and activate the somfy app doesn't work.  
    uninstall, reboot and reinstall the somfy app doesn't work.  
  • somfy died on me s well
  • adjuadju Member
    Stopped working on 0.8.34
  • Tried everything but Somfy just works 1 time when pairing and then forget it.
    Hope they will fix this soon because i leave in a few days and i want to shut the blinds in the evening by flow.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Hopefully @Reinier can shed some light (literally :) if your shutters are down ATM). To get everything clear (I don't have Somfy) : you pair these with a remote like in KaKu? And while still on the pairing-page you can control your shutters without using the remote, Homey shakes the shutters on the second page?
  • JPeJPe Member
    @BasVanDenBosch ;
    Yes, Homey shakes the shutters on the second page? (in my case) thereafter no moving anymore.
  • Same with mine...
  • Same here. There is an Github issue for this also:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/596
  • PauluzPauluz Member
    markmg said:
    tim1990 said:
    That's why its a beta.

Works like a charme

Tried everyting, reinstalling, reboot, power cord out for hours, several factory resets.
    Nothing works:'( .

Weird because it seems i am the only one here where its not working.
    They have a long way to go to make homey retail ready, the way its going i am having doubts its only the software.

They have a long way to go to make homey retail ready, the way its going i am having doubts its only the software.......

I agree with that!
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    They did sort of fix this problem, but my somfy still didnt work the way it should, had to press up or down several times, somestimes it would just stop moving up or not respond at all. 

My Homey is up for sale ill buy a new one if and when it is Retail i seriously doubt that they will get everyting working with the current hardware.

Bought a Vera Plus with rfx and works great very happy with it.
    Somfy works perfect now as for Z-wave, kaku, miritek.

Concept of Homey is great but they have a very long way to go if i compare it to a Vera Plus, fibaro, comoticz and so on.
  • glijieglijie Member
    I have 4 blinds, two on the attic en two in the livingroom.
    Those on the attic works perfect Up/Down and My position.
    Those in the livingroom work only the My position, Up and Down only for a second.

Both use their own Controle but same kind RTS controle
    Verry strange it is.
  • Anyone else having issues with their Somfy shutters?
    Mine aren't working since 0.8.36
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Is Kaku-sending still working? I had to reboot a couple of times to get KaKu back...
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited June 2016
    Don't have KaKu, only HomeEasy which isn't supported yet.
    But a reboot means I have to re-install Weather Underground and start the tests all over again.
    Dilemmas, dilemmas  :/
  • Is Kaku-sending still working? I had to reboot a couple of times to get KaKu back...
    Took the plunge and rebooted Homey: no dice.
    Pulled the plug and and tested: Somfy is working again!
    Thanks @BasVanDenBosch !

• JonJon Member
    I'm on 0.8.39 and Somfy RTF suddenly stopped working. After reinstalling the app and trying to add/pair my remote, my Somfy still doesn't work.
    Anyone has the same problem, and more important, anyone has a solution?
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited June 2016
    I had the exact same problem but with an earlier firmware version (I think it was the 0.8.34). It just suddenly stopped working a week after the firmware update. In my case the app was the problem. After an app update by athom and painfully resetting of the blinds it works ok.
    (To be fair I am still running 0.8.38)
  • sebo_hanssebo_hans Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm waiting and hoping for an option to add my somfy blinds with a binary code.
    I'm controlling them with 2 remotes and a RFXtrx433E transceiver, so the memory of the somfy blinds is full and I can't connect another remote with its own unique device id. Luckely I know the ID's that I used in Domoticz, Vera Edge and Homeseer (using all the same Somfy device ID's), so now i want to add these in my Homey but there is currently no option for this. I'm no programmer but I think this shouldn't be to hard it would only be a direct device id input in the database where the learning device ID that Homey has learnd are stored. If i knew where this was stored I probably could manually hack them in.
  • Somfy app crashes since update to version 0.9.1:

Stack trace:
    Error: invalid_signal_id:[object Object]
    at new Signal (/homey-app/various/rf.js:44:12)
    at self.init (/drivers/somfy.js:17:14)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2237
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at eventListeners.clientDriverInit (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:757)
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:868
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:835)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)

• The appstore did not contain its newest version yet, fixed.
  • The appstore did not contain its newest version yet, fixed.
    Can't +1, so I'll do it this way: thanks!