This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Handling Multiple sensors of one type in a house/floor/room

How are multiple devices of an certain type of device displayed/handled by Homey('s app) ?

My current my current system shows in my living room 4 different temp. sensors.
It would be great if you could set one sensor to be the "main" temp. sensor for that room or let homey gather all these sensors to one average temperature.

In my current system, when i need something to code, i need to pick one particular sensor or calculate averages.

short;
The Average/max/min. temp/humidity/CO2/etc of the whole system/house/floor/room

This could be very helpful for managing the climate of the house/floor/room

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2015
    For example;
    Our living room has 5 temp. sensors with current temps;
    Thermostat (OTG): 20.8c (chest level)
    Philio 3:1 sensor: 20c (almost against)
    NetAtmo: 19.5c (table next to sofa)
    Fibaro Smoke: 21c (sealing)

Idea;
    homey.room.climate.temp.max: 20.8c homey.room.climate.temp.min: 19.5c homey.room.climate.temp.avarage: 20.3c homey.room.climate.temp.main: 19.5c

Or something like;
    homey.climate.room[X].temp.X
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    That's a great idea! Right now, a device is member of a zone (where a zone is a room, collection of rooms or your whole house). Creating an average is not too hard then!
  • Great!

Creating an Main temperature device for an room is not a good idea?

For example set device XX that's centered in the room as the main temp. device for that room, so other devices/scene/etc could refer to that device for the temperature of that room.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited January 2015
    This will probably get the form of a virtual device, or a property of a zone.. I'll have to think about this more carefully :)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2015
    Another example;
    HoneyWells EvoHome system has, for each zone, the ability to set/select which temperature device you want to use for that zone(internal temp.sensor of that particular device or an external thermostat). This works great and the user could choice to use the internal temp.sensor of and radiator-thermostat. Using an external thermostat has allot of benefits an flexibility for the end-user.
This discussion has been closed.