This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to rearrange your cards in the flow editor

I'm enjoying configuring my homey and my devices and now i want to make a flow and within this flow i've dragged some cards but while doing this i found out that i need to reorder them (first tv on and second change to correct hdmi port, and not the other way around). But i can't reorder them, the same goes for if i add a card and want this card to be the first one this will not work.

Is this functionality not available or am i missing something?

Comments

• The order doesn't show in the view but you can postpone every action by clicking on the little clock in the right upper corner...
  • Thanks @BasVanDenBosch this is a nice workaround. But off course i don't want to many delays in the execution of my flows so hopefully @Emile will add this functionality. 
  • ? You ask for delays in starting actions but you don't want them? My tv takes 30 seconds to start, after that Homey may send the second IR-signal. Other TV's take much shorter to start so the delay can be less.
  • wingie said:
    Thanks @BasVanDenBosch this is a nice workaround. But off course i don't want to many delays in the execution of my flows so hopefully @Emile will add this functionality. 
    If you don't want to use delays (which you will surely need for changing inputs after the tv is turning on) you can just remove the first card (change input) and recreate it so it reappears after the other card? 
  • If you do this they will still execute at the same time unless you set a delay...
  • ? You ask for delays in starting actions but you don't want them? My tv takes 30 seconds to start, after that Homey may send the second IR-signal. Other TV's take much shorter to start so the delay can be less.
    I understand that sometimes you need a delay before the command get's executed (my plasma take a couple of seconds before it reacts) but i was looking for a way to reorder the cards. For example i've added a speech card and want homey to start with saying the sentence and after that executing the other commands. Now ofcourse i can recreate all my cards but i like some flexability.  
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    You can create a flow 2 with the other commands and start this flow 2 as an x-second delayed action in flow 1. This use-case is easy to make in Homey. There's other use--cases which need sequential actions however...