This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Nice new website

2»

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    So glad you guys like it :-)
  • Looks slick, I'm a sucker for minimalistic and functional design.

Perhaps for the next iteration the blog and the forum (and maybe even the status and firmware pages) can use the same header and footer for better integration. Now it feels a bit like entering another site (which is probably technically the case but the user should not notice this).
  • MattVadorMattVador Member
    edited April 2016
    Nice new website !

But what about the languages recognized and spoken by homey ?
    In the previous version of the website, a map show all languages.
    Maybe I missed something.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so today I visited the new website on my computer and found out there's a cool graphic on the technology page that shows the PCB and components. I had not seen this when I looked at the site on my iPad and thought it was new, but when I tried it on my iPad it wasn't there! That's a shame!
  • No Problems with Android here...
  • and btw very nice and clear website!
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016

Just found out the itemlist on the lefthand side at 'Ondersteuning' doesn't work on an iPad, so I can not choose between 'Aan de slag', 'Algemeen' etc.

Am I really supposed to get out a laptop to visit this site? C'mon it's 2016!

• Get an Android device instead ;)

On a sidenote: an attempt to go to "support.athom.com" (from PC) results in an error "Cannot GET / "
  • It this the place to also complain about the website? X3

I like the new website too, but I have found a difficulty in getting on the "Slack Chat".
    If you go to " https://www.athom.com/en/community/ " you can smash the " Chat " button.. and it will give you a sign-up screen. For the first time this is OK.. but when I wanted to return there this morning the only thing I can find is this " Sign-up" screen. There is no option to skip the sign-up (since I already did that yesterday) and just log-in again.

I understand there are many way's to still get on there. Going to the Slack.com site, or downloading (what people call these day's ) app's.

But for my mother, and I guess many others, the intuitive thing to do when searching for a very exciting chat, would be going to the athom.com site and start smashing this " Chat " button... and then finding themselfs stuck on this  sign-up screen. After about 5 minutes they will realize they can't have this exciting chat... AND THEN!:....

... they will get sad ...

... and might out there frustration on the homey ...

... poor homey ...

so a login option would be nice ;)

• @AcE_Krystal

The email that you received when you signed up, contained the URL to the login page:
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/

But I agree, it would be good to have a button on the website that forwards you there.

• Ok, so today I visited the new website on my computer and found out there's a cool graphic on the technology page that shows the PCB and components. I had not seen this when I looked at the site on my iPad and thought it was new, but when I tried it on my iPad it wasn't there! That's a shame!
    Opening that page crashes Internet Explorer (11 on Windows 8.1).....
  • Opening that page crashes Internet Explorer (11 on Windows 8.1).....
    Just tried it with IE11 on Windows 7, and it doesn't crash, but it also doesn't show the graphic/animation.