This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Kickstarter] OLO - The First Ever Smartphone 3D Printer

PeaoPeao Member
edited April 2016 in Off-Topic
Hey Geeks, Backer and Homeys,
I found a new Kickstarter-Campaign of a 3D printer for ~99$ and I didn't want to withhold from you guys <3

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/olo3d/olo-the-first-ever-smartphone-3d-printer

It's already founded and there are 16 days left.

Feel free to discuss this here, for me it seems fair for this price but you have to be aware that:

- you have to use their resin, which could become expensive. (Not a lot information out there atm)
- this campaign looks to be "overfounded" (13k Backer atm -> massive delays)
- don't expect too much for 99$, if you see a 3D printer more than like a gadget you should invest your money into an expensive one I guess.

Main use for me would be printing hats for homey :blush: 

Comments

• Its really cool but it has one thing that i dont like... the printing time -> not able to use the phone..

From 40 minutes to 3 hours printing.... that means you are not reachable around that time because you have to be on airplane mode and kill all notifications...
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Yep, thats a good point. In my case I will use my "old" phone to solve this problem, but this is not the "intended way".
  • Peao said:
    Yep, thats a good point. In my case I will use my "old" phone to solve this problem, but this is not the "intended way".
    Yeah I was thinking of the same but the problem is the better your resolution the better the printing will be. I dont think anyone has an Iphone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S5 in the closet doing nothing (waste of money)
  • JasperKortJasperKort Member
    edited April 2016
     Apparently it should be quiet enough to print at night. Not sure what will happen with the excess resin then though... Perhaps it'll all shake off when your alarm goes off in the morning. Or perhaps the fumes might kill you first.