This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

oops i couldn't reach the server please try again later

For the last couple of hours, whenever I say OK Homey, homey responds with "oops i couldn't reach the server please try again later"
The softwere vesion is still 0.8.14 while auto update is enabled.
Also I can go to the apps store, but when trying to install an app it fails with "Something went wrong, please try again later."
I managed to install one app earlier this evening (around 19:00 CET).

Another thing, I noticed homey responds to a ssh connection, but using my account name and password won't let me in.  Is this possible at all?

Comments

• Had the 'oops' also a couple of times already.  I guess that's the external voice recognition server...
  • I get that allready all afternoon ..... :-( (can't add anything in the flow now (unable to properly test ....)
  • Don't know if it's relevant at all in this case, but just in case it is... please take note of this thread...

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/695/help-my-homey-does-not-connect-to-my-wi-fi-network

• Here the same problem. I can connect homey with my computer.
    but sometimes it says can't reach the server please try again later. 
  • Same here, after listening to my command, it takes ages showing the white ring, trying to process my command.
    After a while he says: "Oops......"
    Also it happens every once in a while that homey starts to listen without me saying "OK Homey" like when watching a movie. That is very anoying.
  • I get told the time fairly often, without asking...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Fixed the 'oops', it was a server problem :)
  • Homey still oopses on commands.... Do I need to reboot?
    Also would be nice to have the gui show the time on the homey device. I tried some test flows based on time but the just fail. I did not understand why until I found that the time on homey  (in Settings->system->stuff for geeks  :( )
    is 2019-05-02T23.58 ...
  • My Homey is also "Oopsing" on al voice commands at the moment.
  • MarcelMolMarcelMol Member
    edited February 2016
    I rebooted and things are better now, time is also correct and I can install apps again.
  • KPeetersKPeeters Member
    edited February 2016
    I also have that problem sinds i started up the Atom.  Mine is in dutch and even when it's silent it says something like that.  I also only get it to respond to my command like once in 15 tries?  I rebooted a few times yesterday but will try again today.  I rebooted and the first 2out of 5 commands worked and then it started again.  What can I do?  Reinstall a voice or something?
  • Issue is back again. Switch off homey last night and switched it on again this morning. Now when I talk to homey it again 'oopses'
  • Guys this is serious.
    Time on homey is back to 2019-05-04 11:29 again.
    So this means if the internet connection fails homey becomes basically useless.
    My phone with the homey app is 30cm away from homey but cannot connect to it, probably because it talks via the 'server'.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Now it makes sense why it says that! It can't reach the server, because the certificate isn't validated because the time is off. Ill fix that asap! 
  • Emile said:
    Now it makes sense why it says that! It can't reach the server, because the certificate isn't validated because the time is off. Ill fix that asap! 
    So Homey is useless when the internet is down?
  • Homey voice recognition can't be used without internet. All else should work.
  • Still having it every 2-3 minutes, internet is there because it warns me (via email flow ) when there is mail.
    I am on 0.8.20.
    Anyone with ideas?
  • Some extra info: I switched off the microphone (to kill the nuisance warnings) and after a while Homey locks up. Only reboot brings it back.
    When microphone is On, no lock-up occurs.
  • That's strange, for most people it's the other way around. When mic is on in 0.8.22... The latter should be fixed in the next FW so perhaps your problem too?
  • edited March 2016
    0.8.20 just looping and loudly. Unplugged until next release.
    Could you add a way to adjust the volume and tell how to identify the root cause (e.g. any logs ?)

Thanks 
  • FranqFranq Member
    My homey is saying the oops thing (today 20-4-2016). Again a server problem?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    All servers/services are up and running;
    https://status.athom.com/

hmmm in 40min a lot can happen, so no idea if your problem still exists.
  • FranqFranq Member
    Don't know.

But if I say 'Ok Homey <some trigger word>' then homey is searching for a while (according to the ring blinking) and then it says the 'oops server' thing.
  • Homey says   oops i couldn't reach the server please try again later

• i am getting the oops error.. anyone else?