This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Lol! Both life changing ;)
  • Arrived at sorteercentrum. Expected delivery 9:30 - 11:30. YES!
  • Martijn said:
    Hmmm to bad I think Homey comes tomorrow because it hasn't made any progress in the delivery chain! The package have to be in the third step, homey is still at the first one.
    Pre-announced shipment can do strange things in the delivery chain :wink: 
    It would not surprise me when your homey get delivered today.
  • new status: Bezorger is onderweg....
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Who this topic is derailing on delivery status updates.......

+1.000.000.000.000 to Richard 

• pics video's pics video's pleaaaaaaaase :smiley: 
  • New topic? eg My Precious or The Arrival?
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited February 2016
    New topic? eg My Precious or The Arrival?
    you can make a film when homey enter your street.
    would be the first delivery

and do not say your not at home.....
  • Yes, it is here. Pics, see My Precious
  • Anyone outside NL that already received the Homey?
  • Yeah mine has arrived, with no message from post.nl. B)
  • Yeah mine has arrived, with no message from post.nl. B)
    Congrats!!

It's PostNL so it doesn't surprises me :smile: 
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/8782/#Comment_8782
  • Received and installed ... Hue works great!! however, where to post problems and issue's, just don't want to dump them in the forum, like small ones .... as notofication is wrong when you try to register an allready known email adress.
  • Received and installed ... Hue works great!! however, where to post problems and issue's, just don't want to dump them in the forum, like small ones .... as notofication is wrong when you try to register an allready known email adress.
    Github looks like the best (organised) place to post your problems: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • Git looks indeed as a good place.
    If Athom won't close the issues so quick without a reallife fix and/or comment, users can see which issues are open and what will be done with it.
  • MarcoF said:
    Git looks indeed as a good place.
    If Athom won't close the issues so quick without a reallife fix and/or comment, users can see which issues are open and what will be done with it.

You can also see the closed issues, and see if youre 'issue' has been fixed ;)
  • +1 and i know, but seeing already duplicates indicates not all people know/see that.
  • Judging the amount of issues coming in at the moment from the GeekBackers I assume it will take another 2-3 weeks at least for the rest of the Backers to get their Homey. Wild guess? Patience is a virtue...
  • Its only 12 hours after the first Geeks got there Homeys unboxed......

• and for now the issues are not large as i read up till now;
    - poor choice of usb cable (why? is there really nobody that test 1 product in total?)
    - woonveilig login issue
    - already used e-mail adres (perhaps fixed in latest build some hour ago)
    - some z-wave issues (perhaps fixed in latest build)
    - documentation poor so a lot of forum posts that where not needed (wiki!)

No other real stuff i can find.
  • tunf said:
    and for now the issues are not large as i read up till now;
    - poor choice of usb cable (why? is there really nobody that test 1 product in total?)
    - woonveilig login issue

+1
    and do not forget there are 400 sent.

so far so good
  • tunf said:
    and for now the issues are not large as i read up till now;
    - woonveilig login issue

- voice recognition sucks (I trained my voice, doesn't understand my daughter anymore. My daughter trained, doesn't understand me anymore)
    - some serious z-wave issues

haven't been able to do anything useful with it yet.
    But I keep trying. We'll see what the future brings.
    And when I have some more specific info, I'll open some issues on github.
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited February 2016
    My girlfriend and I trained our voice together and it works pretty good. I created a repeat-after-me flow to check if it understands me correctly and it is about 80% spot on. 

I looked at some of the apps to see how they were programmed and it turns out most of them only need a few key-words so even it homey does not get all the words it can do what you want. 

First impression is very good. This is lightyears beyond anything else I have seen so far. Of course there is room for improvement, it is truly amazing what these guys have done is such a short time. 

The Australian voices are awesome btw
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    How did you train the voice together??  Just divided the 5 attempts between the both of you?
    We are with 4 people at home, this might be a challenge then   :p

[edit[
    Ok, not a good plan, it is listening to every single sound now...  :(
  • @tunf;
    Nobody holds you back to build a Wiki 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    PimBliek said:
    Judging the amount of issues coming in at the moment from the GeekBackers I assume it will take another 2-3 weeks at least for the rest of the Backers to get their Homey. Wild guess? Patience is a virtue...
    MarcoF said:
    Its only 12 hours after the first Geeks got there Homeys unboxed......

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/45817279#45817279

Ok, we are 24 hours further and I take most of my words back  :'(

And i stopped my search for a quick "second hand" homey...... (had to let 2 offers go...)
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2016

@MarcoF  Well, if there's no proper iOS device support (default browser on my iPad, but better the long promised app) I'll sell you mine! ... Oh, Wait, mine will be delivered after yours :D

Seriously though, I've been reading a lot, here and at Git, I think most issues can be solved, expectations managed, the only tougher thing to fix is Cable-Gate.

To me it seems Athom's 'test' homeys were not used with the cables that are now put in the boxes just before sending them to the end-users. I really hope my assumption is true that any Athom employee would have ditched that cable at first time use and informed the higher powers that it had to be replaced by a better one!

Hmm, reading some more posts I see something that may look like a RROD or OROD, sure hope that's not true! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

• VincentVincent Member
    edited February 2016
    Ik ben ook wel blij dat ik pas bij de volgende lichting zit. Dat er bugs in zullen zitten dat is niet zo vreemd, maar volgende week zal het alweer een stuk stabieler zijn.
    Oops, was thinking in Dutch again.
    I'm actually quite happy I'm in the next batch. I'm not surprised about the bugs, but I'm sure it will be lot more stable next week .
  • I hope Athom will make sure better fitting USB cables are in the next batches. And I hope that the amount of bugs they have to fix coming days (and that will be a lot, I assume) will not influence the speed of production (in other words, I hope no bugs will be hardware related).

The amount of troubles that arise are not surprising me at all. Every step will have to be smoothed now, this will result in a fantastic product in the end.
    If anyone near Amsterdam is looking to get rid of their Homey because they are disappointed, drop me a message! I would love to play around with one (I ordered in in the 'preorder' state, so still a few weeks to go)
  • I known and most of the issues are software related. Software is never finished and software can be fixed.
    And i known its beta and of course there would be found bugs. 

60-70 issues in just 24 hours sound big and i believe a lot of homey are still not delivered and/or unboxed and/or installed.

So i'm very curious about the upcoming days and what this will do with the delivery date of the next batches.

I believe Athom needs one guys for flashing Homeys at the factory and if that guys is needed for bug fixing.....

I hope the best and wish them (Athom) a lot of luck, wisdom, :heart: to managed it :smile: 
This discussion has been closed.