This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Z-Wave died; how to proceed?

edited February 2016 in Archive
Seems like Z-Wave died on me:

What's the most elegant way of solving this? Reboot Homey? If so, what is the best way to do this?

BTW: I tried resetting the Z-Wave chip, but that did not help.

Comments

• The card is probably waiting on a status fetch from the device. Please try moving your device close to Homey and try closing and opening the card again.
  • Taco said:
    The card is probably waiting on a status fetch from the device. Please try moving your device close to Homey and try closing and opening the card again.
    I am practically next to it. I unplugged Homey, plugged it in again, and now I see only this:
    \
    BTW: I am not worried; things like these happen. In fact, I am very much impressed by what I've seen so far.
  • The Z-Wave module is still loading even when the rainbow is spinning already. usually takes less then 1 minute after reboot.

Thanks, great to hear :D
  • OK rebooted it again and now it works. Other minor question: how can I change a plug into a light:

• Thats a feature were working on. For now you'll have to exclude and include the device again.
  • Excluded and included the device:

It clearly says "Light", but appears as a socket. File an issue on github or am I doing something wrong?
  • Same problem here.
    Included a Fibaro Roller Shutter, selected Curtains&Blinds, but it's shown as a wall plug...
  • any experience with a fibaro multisensor yet guys?
  • I can't reproduce this in the latest version. Please wait till the next update, if the issue persists feel free to create an issue.
    I just added one and it seems to work fine: 

• @MilanVanDenMuyzenberg ;
    Thanx man!! This was something i was looking for, great GUI solution!
  • edited February 2016
    any experience with a fibaro multisensor yet guys?

Hi Milan, which sensor type is this exactly? And if you move one sensor "device" from room A to room B will the other sensor "devices"  move along, as they are in fact in the same fysical sensor?

Looks nice on the screenshot btw, cool :smile: 

Cool, my doughter is called Yente too!

Hi Milan, which sensor type is this exactly? And if you move one sensor "device" from room A to room B will the other sensor "devices"  move along, as they are in fact in the same fysical sensor?

Looks nice on the screenshot btw, cool :smile: 

I'ts in fact one sensor, see http://www.fibaro.com/en/the-fibaro-system/motion-sensor
    Great to see it's working like that, got one of those sensors too :)

• edited February 2016
    I understand it's one sensor, because I have one as well in Domoticz, but in Domoticz they all show up as separate (hardware) devices.... I was wondering if in Homey they are somehow linked together... So If you move the Temperature sensor to another room will the other sensors follow? the lux sensor etc.

How does the sensor integrate within Homey? Does it work properly? smile 

I really hope the next batch will be shipped soon, really looking forward to play around with Homey and my z-wave and hue devices 1 

What sensors are detected? Luminance, temperature and ...
    Mine shows luminance, temperature, battery and generic alarm.
    Problem is that in a flow I couldn't select motion.  Then all of a sudden it was available, but after a reboot (for the firmware update) it was gone again!  :/
  • I can't find motion neither. I assume the 'generic alarm' is the vibration sensor. It also does not update values in Homey. What association did you set @fire69?
  • I don't remember. Sensor I think?
    And I just reset my z-wave network, because my roller shutter wasn't working anymore and I couldn't add my dimmer (all Fibaro)  :(
  • Taco said:
    I can't reproduce this in the latest version. Please wait till the next update, if the issue persists feel free to create an issue.
    PLEASE Athom people, start using real version numbers. What use is "next update" when reading the thread a little later. Thx. :-)
  • TacoTaco Member
    edited February 2016
    Oops, sorry I did it again. I meant 0.8.17

In the Fibaro motion sensor the generic alarm could be the tamper or the motion alarm depending on the association set. You have to set the association manually.

The correct match with the motion alamr will be there when the Z-Wave apps are build. Now we use a generic approach to match capabilities in Homey.
  • Taco said:

In the Fibaro motion sensor the generic alarm could be the tamper or the motion alarm depending on the association set. You have to set the association manually.

The correct match with the motion alamr will be there when the Z-Wave apps are build. Now we use a generic approach to match capabilities in Homey.
    Can you show use the association settings you used on the fibaro multisensor when you tested it?
  • +ErikVanDongen said:
    Taco said:

Can you show use the association settings you used on the fibaro multisensor when you tested it?
    +1 for showing the settings. I can't find the motion trigger either... and it seems like there the other data (lux, temp) is frozen, no changes.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited February 2016
    I've got exactly the same settings (beside node id is different). But I can't find motion in flows or at the Device Screen, nor anything changes (lux, temp). And Generic Alarm stays off.

• Are you sure the settings are applied on the sensor? You'll have to wake up the device manually to immediately apply the association. You can do this by triple clicking the B button.
  • Taco said:
    Are you sure the settings are applied on the sensor? You'll have to wake up the device manually to immediately apply the association. You can do this by triple clicking the B button.
    And while it's awake hit the save button a couple of times instead of once. 
  • I don't think that helps :p when the device wakes up Homey tells it to sleep again if no commands are queued.
  • Taco said:
    I don't think that helps :p when the device wakes up Homey tells it to sleep again if no commands are queued.
    Really?? Sorry ... :blush: 
  • Yes, I did the same as Moek said. Now I've got the idea that something with the interview went wrong. But I tried to remove the node (see my vid:  (Error is popping at 2:00 ) And I get this error, or sometimes the error that removing node is already running. 
    And the "failed option" like "remove failed node" seem to stuck, too. The progress-circle keeps spinning.
  • Now my other two sensors seem to start working (except motion). I can see changes in the insights. But the other sensor, which I tried to remove does not show anything yet.

This discussion has been closed.