This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Using Homey‘s data for machine learning?

SeraphimSeraphim Member
edited August 2018 in Ideas & Suggestions
Hello Community,

has someone ever tried to use the data Homey is collecting for machine learning? I like the idea, that Homey would be able to trigger my devices by its own, based on typical behaviour and not on planned events.

I was already able to send Homey‘s data to a SQL, but how to go on?

Regards
Andreas

Comments

• Sounds very interesting!
    I hope someone can answer this.  If there is anything I can do later to help with this project (even just testing). Ill be happy to help !
  • I am very curious about this matter. A few weeks ago I have made a heatmap from the data of one of my motionssensors. I wrote a script in R. It was an exersise for me to get familiar with R. I know for sure it should somehow be possible to use R or machine learning and make predictions for the desired behaviour.  I also would like to participate in this project...if there is starting one :-D

Seraphim said:

Can you tell me how you managed this?

• I am very curious about this matter. A few weeks ago I have made a heatmap from the data of one of my motionssensors. I wrote a script in R. It was an exersise for me to get familiar with R. I know for sure it should somehow be possible to use R or machine learning and make predictions for the desired behaviour.  I also would like to participate in this project...if there is starting one :-D

Seraphim said:

I love your Histogram !  How did you manage to do this?
    I feel this is something than can be useful in many ways !
  • First... I follewed a course...
    After a few chapters i was sick of that and started to tinker by myself.

I downloaded data from the insights and wrote a script in R (see attachment). Maybe it's not the most neat script but I like i said before...I was trying to get familiar with it

You can download R from https://cran.r-project.org/

Seraphim said:

Hello Genius,

I used a small trick with MQTT. Homey has a MQTT Client installed and sends out a message to a device/function specific topic every time something is happening with the defined devices/functions.

On a server a MQTT Server is running, receiving the messages.

All you need now, is a small java script listening to this communication, fetching the topic and the message. If you have a logical topic structure you could split the topic to floor, room, device, function etc. and write it into your database.

Right now I am using the date in Microsoft Power BI to create more individual graphics and dashboards.

I could provide the script for you if needed, you should be able to use this for any kind of database (maybe the SQL syntax needs to modified)