This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
somfy

Somfy RTS or IO ?

JwoudenbergJwoudenberg Member
edited April 2018 in Devices
https://www.somfy.nl/somfy/io-homecontrol-en-rts-technologie

I'm planning to buy some screens with somfy, i'm wondering what the best options are.

RTS - currently supported by homey (but there seems to be some problems when you have multiple screens ?)
IO - currently not supported but it's the future replacement of RTS.
none - use a wall switch and buy some fibaro shutter modules. 

Anyone got suggestions/tips ?

Tagged:

Comments

• I use 7 RTS screens, programmed by 2 remote controls. No problems ever with controlling them using Homey.

As far as I know, IO is closed source.
  • bvbbvb Member
    edited April 2017
    IO is a standard where only Tahoma can speak. I have Velux Windows with IO and I would never buy them again because you can't integrate them. 

I have also Somfy blinds now and control them over a fibaro roller shutter. This works good and I'm not locked into one vendors home automation.
  • @Jwoudenberg
    What did you end up buying?
    I am looking for screens and integrating them with Homey. Would be great to read your experience!
  • Eternity said:
    @Jwoudenberg
    What did you end up buying?
    I am looking for screens and integrating them with Homey. Would be great to read your experience!

Got 2 sunscreens with RTS, works fine with homey.
    Never had problems.
  • Thanks for the update! 
  • Some questions:
    RTS is via 433 mhz I assume?
    The windows where I want to install the somfy screens are about 10-12m from my homey, no wall in between. Will this work or is it maybe too far? Other solutions?
  • Yes, I also am hesitant with RTS, given the 433 mhz system.
    Other solution would be z-wave.

I found a nice graphic explanation using Fibaro z-wave modules: www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-30 
  • I went for Somfy non-RTS and the Fibaro roller shutter 2. It works superb!
  • vk900vk900 Member
    danone said:
    I went for Somfy non-RTS and the Fibaro roller shutter 2. It works superb!

Sounds like the cheapest solution however, I noticed that you are unable to add any wireless sensors (wind sensor) to a non-RTS system.

Still thinking about what's best for me, definitely not the  IO due to no Homey support :)
  • vk900vk900 Member
    edited April 2018
    Uhhh... looks like IO is supported but then via a Somfy Tahoma Box.. (guess this is like Philips Hue that needs a Hue bridge in between as well)

Anyone got experience with this?? https://apps.athom.com/app/com.somfy.tahoma

• The Tahoma box is quite expensive, no experience here. 
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Can Confirm that the Connexoon box works for roller shutters too with the Tahoma app. Just half of the price.

• 2Be said:
    Can Confirm that the Connexoon box works for roller shutters too with the Tahoma app. Just half of the price.

How do you do that? I also have a Connexoon but cant control my screens with homey
  • 2Be said:

How do you do that? I also have a Connexoon but cant control my screens with homey
    Nevermind! Allready got all things working. Thanks for the notification anyway :-D
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited July 2018
    I still have the problem that Homey only can up/down my RTS blinds, not tilt. The blinds are always down, but I want to tilt them...
    Anyone?

• erreenerreen Member
    obeliks said:
    I still have the problem that Homey only can up/down my RTS blinds, not tilt. The blinds are always down, but I want to tilt them...
    Anyone?

Build in a timer
  • erreenerreen Member
    RTS is not a replacement of IO, also not in the future
  • fanatixfanatix Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi,
    Does Homey works with the Connexoon io box from Somfy?
    I'm in doubt of buying RTS or IO. But the distance between the rollerblinds is almost 10meters with walls, so I don't know if homey will be able to cover this

Homebridge is compatible with Connexoon
  • fanatix said:
    Hi,
    Does Homey works with the Connexoon io box from Somfy?
    I'm in doubt of buying RTS or IO. But the distance between the rollerblinds is almost 10meters with walls, so I don't know if homey will be able to cover this

Homebridge is compatible with Connexoon
    I do. At my place the distance is also 10m everything works perfect between homey and connexoon. Connexoon is supported with the tahoma app.
  • HhuibersHhuibers Unconfirmed, Member
    2Be said:

Nevermind! Allready got all things working. Thanks for the notification anyway :-D
    How do you get all the things working? i've tried with the Tahoma app but cannot connect to my connexoon.
    Do you have also io-homecontrol Engines or RTS Engines?

• HhuibersHhuibers Unconfirmed, Member
    Hhuibers said:
    2Be said:

How do you get all the things working? i've tried with the Tahoma app but cannot connect to my connexoon.
    Do you have also io-homecontrol Engines or RTS Engines?

I have fixed it alsow with the tahoma app. Yesterday i have tried, but i think i made a mistake with login credentials at the tahoma app.