This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
somfy

Somfy RTS or IO ?

JwoudenbergJwoudenberg Member
edited April 18 in Devices
https://www.somfy.nl/somfy/io-homecontrol-en-rts-technologie

I'm planning to buy some screens with somfy, i'm wondering what the best options are.

RTS - currently supported by homey (but there seems to be some problems when you have multiple screens ?)
IO - currently not supported but it's the future replacement of RTS.
none - use a wall switch and buy some fibaro shutter modules. 

Anyone got suggestions/tips ?

Tagged:

Comments

• I use 7 RTS screens, programmed by 2 remote controls. No problems ever with controlling them using Homey.

As far as I know, IO is closed source.
  • bvbbvb Member
    edited April 2017
    IO is a standard where only Tahoma can speak. I have Velux Windows with IO and I would never buy them again because you can't integrate them. 

I have also Somfy blinds now and control them over a fibaro roller shutter. This works good and I'm not locked into one vendors home automation.
  • @Jwoudenberg
    What did you end up buying?
    I am looking for screens and integrating them with Homey. Would be great to read your experience!
  • Eternity said:
    @Jwoudenberg
    What did you end up buying?
    I am looking for screens and integrating them with Homey. Would be great to read your experience!

Got 2 sunscreens with RTS, works fine with homey.
    Never had problems.
  • Thanks for the update! 
  • Some questions:
    RTS is via 433 mhz I assume?
    The windows where I want to install the somfy screens are about 10-12m from my homey, no wall in between. Will this work or is it maybe too far? Other solutions?
  • Yes, I also am hesitant with RTS, given the 433 mhz system.
    Other solution would be z-wave.

I found a nice graphic explanation using Fibaro z-wave modules: www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-30 
  • I went for Somfy non-RTS and the Fibaro roller shutter 2. It works superb!
  • vk900vk900 Member
    danone said:
    I went for Somfy non-RTS and the Fibaro roller shutter 2. It works superb!

Sounds like the cheapest solution however, I noticed that you are unable to add any wireless sensors (wind sensor) to a non-RTS system.

Still thinking about what's best for me, definitely not the  IO due to no Homey support :)
  • vk900vk900 Member
    edited April 18
    Uhhh... looks like IO is supported but then via a Somfy Tahoma Box.. (guess this is like Philips Hue that needs a Hue bridge in between as well)

Anyone got experience with this?? https://apps.athom.com/app/com.somfy.tahoma

• jordenjorden Member
    The Tahoma box is quite expensive, no experience here. 
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Can Confirm that the Connexoon box works for roller shutters too with the Tahoma app. Just half of the price.

• 2Be said:
    Can Confirm that the Connexoon box works for roller shutters too with the Tahoma app. Just half of the price.

How do you do that? I also have a Connexoon but cant control my screens with homey
  • 2Be said:

How do you do that? I also have a Connexoon but cant control my screens with homey
    Nevermind! Allready got all things working. Thanks for the notification anyway :-D
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited July 18
    I still have the problem that Homey only can up/down my RTS blinds, not tilt. The blinds are always down, but I want to tilt them...
    Anyone?

• erreenerreen Member
    obeliks said:
    I still have the problem that Homey only can up/down my RTS blinds, not tilt. The blinds are always down, but I want to tilt them...
    Anyone?

Build in a timer
  • erreenerreen Member
    RTS is not a replacement of IO, also not in the future
  • fanatixfanatix Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 8
    Hi,
    Does Homey works with the Connexoon io box from Somfy?
    I'm in doubt of buying RTS or IO. But the distance between the rollerblinds is almost 10meters with walls, so I don't know if homey will be able to cover this

Homebridge is compatible with Connexoon
  • fanatix said:
    Hi,
    Does Homey works with the Connexoon io box from Somfy?
    I'm in doubt of buying RTS or IO. But the distance between the rollerblinds is almost 10meters with walls, so I don't know if homey will be able to cover this

Homebridge is compatible with Connexoon
    I do. At my place the distance is also 10m everything works perfect between homey and connexoon. Connexoon is supported with the tahoma app.
  • HhuibersHhuibers Unconfirmed, Member
    2Be said:

Nevermind! Allready got all things working. Thanks for the notification anyway :-D
    How do you get all the things working? i've tried with the Tahoma app but cannot connect to my connexoon.
    Do you have also io-homecontrol Engines or RTS Engines?

• HhuibersHhuibers Unconfirmed, Member
    Hhuibers said:
    2Be said:

How do you get all the things working? i've tried with the Tahoma app but cannot connect to my connexoon.
    Do you have also io-homecontrol Engines or RTS Engines?

I have fixed it alsow with the tahoma app. Yesterday i have tried, but i think i made a mistake with login credentials at the tahoma app.