This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

KAKU devices are broken

I’ve been using multiple KAKU devices for almost a year without too much problems.
Last week they all suddenly stopped working at once.
Two lightbulbs, a socket and an outdoor motion detector.
I’ve restarted Homey and the app itself but the devices still didn’t respond.
Then I tried to reset the devices one by one. But I can’t even set them in pairing mode anymore. The lightbulbs both randomly respond to the physical lightswitch. The socket doesn’t respond either, after resetting is with the button it enters some kind of loop. Same for the PIR sensor. 
Is it possible to actually write something to the KAKU devices that made them behave like this?

Comments

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited August 2018
    Which version of the app are u using?
    There is a fix for this. There are even some topics on the forums about this and on slack there was multiple messages with the fix. 
  • I used the old version, because I noticed there was a update this morning.
    I will try it, thx. I thought the problem was beyond Homey now, since I couldn’t get the devices to reset. But I’ll try it anyway.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited August 2018
    same issue here, using 4.0.7 stable, where can i find these topics regarding a solution?
    Problem is started 2 days ago since the update 4.0.7, i cannot find any topics the last 2 / 3 days which report a solution etc...
  • B3rt said:
    same issue here, using 4.0.7 stable, where can i find these topics regarding a solution?
    Problem is started 2 days ago since the update 4.0.7, i cannot find any topics the last 2 / 3 days which report a solution etc...
    Did you really read the answer from @Rocodamelshe in the forum topic wich you started and he clossed??? 
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    yes why?

It seems the Beta update 4.0.9 has no fix for this, the fix should be according to the changelog already in 4.0.7, i quota e from the app store:

v4.0.7

Fixed issues with sockets not responding in flows. Added a fallback for sending the signal. The error related to device data should be fixed. Added a option for sensors to reset after 10 seconds. Added ACC-2300 socket

v4.0.9:

Adds support for Trust / CoCo / KlikAanKlikUit devices.

The stable version is already on 4.0.7 and installed and still the problem is there.

So not sure why you ask if i read it, i just reporting that problem is stil not resolved.

• And did u try 0.9? 
    Because also that version has some fixes.

• B3rt said:
    yes why?

So you did instal the new beta 4.0.9 right!!!
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    nope, because I am not sure if i install the beta version over de stable one that my current flows/devices are not fucked up etc.. and keep working after the update of the beta version, i do not want to have to set up everything new as from start.

I disabled for now the flows which give problems and hope on a quick official update which solves the problem so i have not to setup everything new again.

• JaxcJaxc Member
    what homey firmware are you guys using??
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    latest official release: Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.11

• JaxcJaxc Member
    Could you try to re-pair 1 device, but first empty the memory off the device !!! (look on internet how to do this for you're devices) possible the memory for pairing is full. (max 4 mem places)

• B3rtB3rt Member
    i allready did this and the device still does not work.
    But the main problem is not only that the devices does not work but also that the flow where the devices is in triggered is keeping repeating itself, it seems to be in an infinity loop and only stops when the flow is disabled

So simply flow:
    if flow start
    then: ring door bell + write log using simple log app ('iemand aan de deur') + make screenshot and mail it to xxxx

When this flow is triggered the following happens:
    - NO door bell is rang (bell does not work)
    - the text 'iemand aan de deur' is written in the log by simple log every 15 seconds!!!!!
    - i receive every 15 second a screenshot of the camera from the front door.

This flow keeps repeating itself until i disable the flow.
    This problem is started since the last update of the KAKU app, before that it worked flawlessly.

So it is not just that the device is not triggered but also that the flow where it is triggered is repeated constantly.

• JaxcJaxc Member
    what bell do you use??
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    klikaanklikuit ACDB-7000C

• B3rt said:
    But the main problem is not only that the devices does not work but also that the flow where the devices is in triggered is keeping repeating itself, it seems to be in an infinity loop and only stops when the flow is disabled

So simply flow:
    if flow start
    then: ring door bell + write log using simple log app ('iemand aan de deur') + make screenshot and mail it to xxxx

- the text 'iemand aan de deur' is written in the log by simple log every 15 seconds!!!!!

This problem is started since the last update of the KAKU app, before that it worked flawlessly.

So it is not just that the device is not triggered but also that the flow where it is triggered is repeated constantly.

What is your trigger? guess the button on your front door!! 

What you could try, is replace the trigger to test. and to make sure the rest of your flow is ok. if so you know where to start looking to fix the isseu
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    B3rt said:
    klikaanklikuit ACDB-7000C

i had thesame, I've send you a pb.. (hope you are dutch)
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    could you also plz post you're flow from homey, that gives these issues

• JaxcJaxc Member
    try this to clear the memory of the ACDB-7000(A)C

(1) Push the learn button for about 8 sec (until the led starts flashing)
    (2) Push the learn button 1 more time to empty the memory
    (3) The bell will respond with 2 beeps to confirm all went wel.

Then try to re-pair it with homey.
  • Message of the Kaku developer on slack:

Another day, another kaku app release! Version 4.0.9 is in beta now and should fix the issue with doorbells not triggering (the gong) or triggering double (the button).
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited August 2018
    Message of the Kaku developer on slack:

Another day, another kaku app release! Version 4.0.9 is in beta now and should fix the issue with doorbells not triggering (the gong) or triggering double (the button).
    not when the memory of the doorbell is full . ;) this counts for all kaku devices.. most only have 4 mem places. if you try to pair when mem is full, it looks like working, but does not register the pair session..
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited August 2018
    Was just trying to say that the bell function was supposed to be fixed in 0.9 and not in 0.7 like Bert is saying. There should be No need to re-do flows or losing devices when installing the beta version. 
    Was just trying to help with solving his problems.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    Oy1974 said:
    B3rt said:

So simply flow:
    if flow start

What is your trigger? guess the button on your front door!! 

What you could try, is replace the trigger to test. and to make sure the rest of your flow is ok. if so you know where to start looking to fix the isseu
    yes the front door bel, but when i start the flow manually it is exactly the same, no bell but flow keeps repeating itself until it is manually stopped
  • YpeYpe Member
    edited August 2018
    My Kaku doorbel also is not ringing anymore. Tryed deleting en ading at several times without result. the flow is simple the trigger is a fibaro door sensor and the bell should ring. worked like a charm until updat 4.07

Installed the Beta version. All working again
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    today version 4.0.10 is released, sadly the problem is still NOT fixed..

Now the doorbel rings but the flow is still looping.....

So i trigger the flow which starts the door bel which results that the door bell keeps ringing until i unplug it from the power...

I have 2 door bels (same model) and both have exact the same problem.

So the problem that the door bel is not rang is fixed, but the problem that the flow is being retriggered is NOT fixed.
  • B3rt said:
    today version 4.0.10 is released, sadly the problem is still NOT fixed..

Now the doorbel rings but the flow is still looping.....

So i trigger the flow which starts the door bel which results that the door bell keeps ringing until i unplug it from the power...

I have 2 door bels (same model) and both have exact the same problem.

So the problem that the door bel is not rang is fixed, but the problem that the flow is being retriggered is NOT fixed.
    Hmmmz thats not good indeed,  gues you already make a isseu at github? 

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/new
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    it seems you have to remove all devices and repair them, after repairing it worked.