This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Oy1974 said:
    Is there anyway to make a flowcard, that when the sensor detects for ex. 60% humidity,
    that only then you can trigger an alarm?

so far i can see is that there is only a card for "when humidity changes ( or temperature)
    but not to set a specific value

type is : --> Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor (WSDCGQ11LM)

should this do the trick?

You should use  this card "Greater then" otherwise when the Humidity is 61 its not sending the push becauese its not exactly 60

this make more sense,
    thks. :)
  • zilla_1982zilla_1982 Member
    edited August 2018
    so if i am correct,

i can also make a trigger from  X device,
    and this card at AND, but with TAGS from a aqara temp/humidity sensor,
    and it reaches the values from the meter, (humidity OR temperature) i will get notifyd,
    if light status is ON.

• Not correct. Only notifications when light is set to on. So 1 time.
  • Not correct. Only notifications when light is set to on. So 1 time.
    ok,
    for example, light bathroom turned ON,
    after X time, humidity OR temp rises,
    then i can let a swicht go on (ex, ventilation)

(but always 1 time after turn lights on.

but if i place at IFF, the card, aqara temperature,
    then i will be triggerd everytime the values reaches this settings (only when the values are smaller to bigger)?

• As this is going off-topic I would suggest u use the search option on the forums and search for “humidity”. There are several topics about the humidity flows.
  • As this is going off-topic I would suggest u use the search option on the forums and search for “humidity”. There are several topics about the humidity flows.

no problem, nevertheless i couldnt find the right answers in several topics.but im ok now :smile:
  • Oscar23Oscar23 Unconfirmed, Member
    PetervdK said:
    Seems similar to my problem. Does the product id show on the developers page and/or after a reboot of the Homey?
    No. Only "unknown zigbee"
  • TedTolboom said:
    jaykay said:
    Just spotted a new sensor from Aqara on AliExpress, a stock/vibration sensor. 
    http://s.aliexpress.com/jUnUveMZ
    will it be possible to add support for it in your app, @TedTolboom?
    If it is possible, I can’t confirm yet... but mine is on order and I’m awaiting delivery.

Have you recieved it yet @TedTolboom? ? Any progress?

• jaykay said:
    TedTolboom said:
    jaykay said:
    Just spotted a new sensor from Aqara on AliExpress, a stock/vibration sensor. 
    http://s.aliexpress.com/jUnUveMZ
    will it be possible to add support for it in your app, @TedTolboom?
    If it is possible, I can’t confirm yet... but mine is on order and I’m awaiting delivery.

Have you recieved it yet @TedTolboom? ? Any progress?
    Nope... even has not been shipped yet...
    apparently Ali didn’t get them on stock yet (reported issue for multiple buyers)...
  • Oscar23 said:
    PetervdK said:
    Seems similar to my problem. Does the product id show on the developers page and/or after a reboot of the Homey?
    That's the device name, that stays that way until you change it. I mean the product id on the developer html page.

PetervdK said:
    Oscar23 said:
    PetervdK said:
    That's the device name, that stays that way until you change it. I mean the product id on the developer html page.

How to do it?

• Oscar23 said:

How to do it?

To do what? Change the device name or open the developer page?
    Device name can be changed on the device page, just  click on the name of the device.
    Developer page can be opened via https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee
    PetervdK said:
    Oscar23 said:

How to do it?

To do what? Change the device name or open the developer page?
    Device name can be changed on the device page, just  click on the name of the device.
    Developer page can be opened via https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee
    what name should be given, what would it all work for?
  • Oscar23 said:
    what name should be given, what would it all work for?
    You can't put in the product id. The fact that it is unknown is due to a problem with the program or the Homey zigbee implementation.
    Read (the last few pages of) this thread and it should become clear.
  • PetervdKPetervdK Member
    edited August 2018
    Bought a Tradfri bulb with rotating dimmer today. Together they work fine, but Homey doesn't pair with them. It starts, waits for some minutes and then simply displays "No Zigbee device found". Tried it again after really resetting both the bulb and the dimmer and even with only one device powered on at the pairing, but alas.
    My conclusion: it is not the Xiaomi or Ikea stuff and also not the apps, it is the Homey itself.
  • gijsje said:
    I know the xiaomi devices can be connected directly to the homey but why is the xiaomi gateway not use as a "gateway".
    If you look at domoticz there you only need to connect the devices directly to the mi home app and gateway and you can use them.
    I think it would be much better if the gateway is also used as a gateway and not as a separate devices where most function are not even supported.
    If it was used as a gateway you would also be able to use the mi home app to switch some things

Hi @gijsje,
    I’m familiar with the way how Domoticz is adding the Xiaomi hub...

Downside of it is that it will create a seperate Zigbee mesh network, with unique code and network channel. In addition, the automation rules between the domoticz controller and the Mi Home app are not synchronized; which could mean that they are counteracting one another.

Imagine that you would do this for all different brands; add a Xiaomi hub, add a IKEA Tradfri hub, add a Philips Hue hub... you would end up with 3 different mesh networks (not helping each other) and 4 different apps to control the devices... ?

The whole concept about Homey’s Zigbee network is that all devices can be added individually, creating one big mesh (a IKEA Tradfri bulb will become the router for a Xiaomi door sensor) and being controlled by one set of automation rules and one app...

That’s IMHO the most intuitive and robust approach.

That said, Homey’s Zigbee implementation is not there yet; some sections are missing (Zigbee Light Link and IAS cluster) and stability can be improved... which is on the roadmap of Athom to further complement.

But this app will remain focusing on adding Xiaomi Zigbee devices directly to Homey.... not through a Xiaomi hub...
    @TedTolboom,

I fully agree with your statement about one Zigbee network but what about the firmware updates from different vendors?

Rob

• This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum:
    https://community.athom.com/t/156
This discussion has been closed.