This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Play a Sonos playlist on Sonos

2»

Comments

• JPe said:
    @Rocodamelshe  
    Did try with delay's of 3 seconds in between, no difference.

<KNIP>
    I have the same problem and tryed the same solution, didnt work :(
  • 0burner0 said:
    JPe said:
    @Rocodamelshe  
    Did try with delay's of 3 seconds in between, no difference.

<KNIP>
    I have the same problem and tryed the same solution, didnt work :(
    Same problem here. 
  • Same here!
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited September 2017
    @RonnO  @jovink  @0burner0
    This complaint it is placed in Github: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1798
    please add your complaints there too, so it gets attention from @baskiers

Maybe a @moderator should make an official Main discussion topic Sonos Item in this forum, so all Sonos/Spotify items are collected 
  • It's under the attention already and they are working on it. Got that from zeer betrouwbare bron.
  • same problem here. 
  • paul2mpaul2m Member
    edited November 2017
    workaround for playing just one song from a playlist:

first flow:
    every second
    currently playing nothing
    next track

Second flow:
    Enable flow above when playing specific playlist (the one started from another flow)
    else disable
  • Have the same problem like you guys, only one song and Homey stops playing.

Tried the workaround but did not work because its keeps looping the flow of selecting the next song every 5 second.

My Flows: 

Next Song when not playing anything, i tried with and without the Then Stop Flow

If Playlist Then Enable Flow:

This is my first post so i really could get help in making this work, still learning the Homey Flows and the system. I think the problem is that Homey doesn't seem to know there is something playing. Within Music i can not see anything playing and the progress ba is not showing the progress of the song.

I now have the Homey for 5 days and i love it. I Have many flows in place and working great. But can not get this one to work. I really want to make a alarm clock waking me up like a wake up light with lights and music increasing every few seconds. Had a Fibaro HC2 before and Homey is so much better, kicks Fibaro's ass all day :-) but flows can give me a headache.

Jaap

• Hi,

I had the problem that even normal Sonos commands (Play) wouldn't work. It seems that if I unpair my boxes (had them connected as a pair to get stereo sound), it works again.... Not a fine solution. Don't think this will solve the ongoing playlist part though :-(

• MaxSBMaxSB Member
    As of today, my Sonos flows are totally unreliable. 
    Most of the times they simply don't work. 

- How do your flows look like? Do they work reliably?

- My flow starts reliably when I come home or push a button, but most of the time no music starts to play. I tried Sonos Playlists, Spotify and the Radio App. I have the feeling that Homey has a problem that my Sonos Boxes are not on all day, I switch them on via remote plugs. After the speakers are visible in the sonos app (approx. 60 seconds) I assume that Homey is able to see them also?
    - do you use the Sonos Bridge as I do?
    - Boxes are not paired
    - sometimes Homey plays the music on the wrong box

any tips?

Sonos Beta App 3.0.1, FW 1.5.11
  • MaxSBMaxSB Member
    Anyone of you has the same problem that once homey controls one of your Sonos boxes you don't see the correct status in the Sonos app? When homey starts a playlist on one box (and the few times this works reliably) I can't control it in the app - it doesn't even show that something is playing.
  • timblaydtimblayd Unconfirmed, Member
    I would suggest to try MusConv.com tool.
  • MaxSB said:
    Anyone of you has the same problem that once homey controls one of your Sonos boxes you don't see the correct status in the Sonos app? When homey starts a playlist on one box (and the few times this works reliably) I can't control it in the app - it doesn't even show that something is playing.
    Have the very same thing. Is reported also a long time ago. 
  • MaxSB said:
    Have the very same thing. Is reported also a long time ago. 
    Thanks for your reply Roco.
    Well you know it doesn't look like much of progress in the last couple of months, not very much activity here in the forum. Did I buy a dead product?