This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Play a Sonos playlist on Sonos

According to the release notes of the sonos app it should be possible to play a Sonos playlist on Sonos. However I can not find the option to select the playlist. Does anybody already find out how this should work ?

Comments

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited May 2017
    In "Music" u don't see ur playlists from Sonos?
    If not, maybe u can try to re-add a Sonos speaker after installing the Sonos app.
  • JanHJanH Member
    @Thomas donot you have this menu and this kind of content?

• ThomasThomas Member

I have reinstalled  the sonos app for Homey and the device, but that didn't make a difference. In the sonos app from sonos I have playlists as shown by @JanH, but if I search for a playlist within the homey music tab I can not find any playlist 

• JaxcJaxc Member
    You need to make a playlist in the Sonos app, and put it in youre sonos favorites. After that the playlists will show up in homey.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    And did you installed the Spotify app? 
  • JaxcJaxc Member

I dont use spotify, i use Apple music

• jovinkjovink Member
    Apple music is not supported. 
  • ThomasThomas Member

@jurgenHuijbregts, I tried to put in the sonos favorites, but that didn't make a difference.

@jovink, I don't use Spotify or apple music, just plain sonos.

• jovinkjovink Member
    I guess it won't work. Only with Spotify, google music or SoundCloud.
    try SoundCloud it's free. 

• ThomasThomas Member
    Disadvantage of soundcloud is that you cannot listen to your own CD's, but only to music that's on soundcloud. In the description of the sonos app iis written that it is also supported to play a sonos playlist. That's why I wanted to know if somebody has this working, so I know if I made a mistake or that i need to put in a bug report.
  • No soundcloud needed to play Sonos me guess. I have another guess also: Pull the plug out of Homey and wait for like 15 minutes before putting it back in. Let it run for some minutes untill she is totaly done running all apps etc. Magic CAN happen and playlist COULD be available!
  • ThomasThomas Member

The keyword is COULD, but in this case it did not help.

• Hmmmm. We are missing something very easy here. Like ur Sonos bridge got a different IP adress. Or: wrong FW of Homey. Or: wrong app version of Sonos.
  • ThomasThomas Member

FW Homey 1.2.2

App version Sonos: 2.3.0

Sonos hardware: 1x playbar with 2x Play:1 in surround mode

FW Sonos 7.2 build  35339010

Do not know how to check IP address of Sonos in Homey, but should be configured correctly, because volume slider in Homey is working.

• Have the same set-up for versions.

• ThomasThomas Member

@Rocodamelshe do you know how I can debug the music search ?

• When all is correct u don't need to search for playlists, the playlists are on the left colom in music

• ThomasThomas Member

I see that you have "Sonos" under "Maak afspeellijst" and that is missing on my version (see printscreen in my previous message). Do yu know how you got that option ? Do you have somewhere settings ?

• JaxcJaxc Member
    edited May 2017
    True, apple music is not supported but if i make playlests in Sonos, with music from apple music, and place them in my sonos favorites. I do get working playlists. ;)

• I see in homey my sonos playlist and if i start the playlist it runs just one song
    if i do the same with soundcloud there is no problem,is it because when i look at the soundcloud playlist,every song has a duration
    in my sonos playlist there is nothing,even the progress bar down is not showing the progress of the song
    any clues ???
  • I try to figure whats the use of my Homey in relation to my Sonos, accept for using Flows. When I open the Homey app and choose Music (Muziek) I have the same empty screen as Thomas. When I restart the Spotify for Sonos app (Instellingen, I use Spotify account) suddenly the Spotify default playlists appear in the Music-tab. No sight of my Sonos-favorites or Sonos-Playlists in the Homey-app however. I also get the impressieon that both Homey and Sonos-app have to be active and have to be used to control something through Homey. That seems useless to me. For now: dont have a clue whats the use of Homey in controlling Sonos (except for Flows for which I didnot find a pratical use yet). I will follow this thread for clues.
  • . For now: dont have a clue whats the use of Homey in controlling Sonos (except for Flows for which I didnot find a pratical use yet).
    Just be creative. Let the Fibaro motion sensor put on the Sonos in ur bathroom when u enter it.
    Set the volume of the Sonos in the bathroom at volume 5 % at night so u don't wake up everyone.
    Play Sonos when u come home and ur wife is not home yet.
    Connect the Play5 to Homey with a jack cable and be amazed.
    Be creative!
  • i am creative enough but there is still a lot of work for athom to do with homey music
    with the sonos app on the phone,playlists are working great,it should work with homey music according to athom,but it is not
    if you have two play 1's and you make a pair with the sonos app on your phone,homey music is freaking out
    soundcloud is working ok

• @Thomas Did you found a solution? Have the same problem. Don't see my Sonos playlists in Homey.
  • ThomasThomas Member
    @Schagalaaah ; Unfortunately not. I am hoping that the next software release is solving this problem.

• Same problem, if I import a playlist from a spotify premium account (from Sonos) it's imported only one song, somebody solved this problem?

Thkz
  • @Ilmaro  did you try to select a speaker in another room? and if so, does this work for you?
    I have a speaker in the "Woonkamer" and a speaker in the "Slaapkamer" bud when I run a flow like yours and select the "Slaapkamer" speaker, always the "Woonkamer" speaker is started. 
  • JPe said:
    @Ilmaro  did you try to select a speaker in another room? and if so, does this work for you?
    I have a speaker in the "Woonkamer" and a speaker in the "Slaapkamer" bud when I run a flow like yours and select the "Slaapkamer" speaker, always the "Woonkamer" speaker is started. 
    Can u also try that same flow with a delay of 2 seconds for the 2nd card?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited September 2017
    @Rocodamelshe  
    Did try with delay's of 3 seconds in between, no difference.

When, in the Sonos-App, both speakers are at "Stop", and I run this flow, the speaker in the "Woonkamer" plays only one title and then stops, in "Sonos-App Wachtrij" there is only 1 title, the "Slaapkamer" speaker keeps silent.

There is also no possibility to "Group" the speakers or is that somehow possible?

When the speakers are Grouped, and a speaker is chosen, the Grouping is removed (this is not wrong of-course) 

When I try to start via the Homey-Muziek app (via brouwser),  an error message is displayed, this is not the case when the "woonkamer" is chosen: