This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flic.io

1235»

Comments

• swttt said:
    Extra: Current roadmap looks like 1.6.0 would give the needed notifications for flic (not sure if this changed already, but thats the latest intel i got)

For the die-hards: Just undust your flics every week and take them out of the box, don't forget to smell them...because they still smell awesome <span>:open_mouth:</span>
    I have said it somewhere else on the forum as well but Athom needs to stop starting and start finishing these kind of features. 

Current Bluetooth implementation is useless but has not gotten any love from Athom anymore for the last 5 to 6 months or so. Soon ZigBee will be released which will take some more months to get right. It's just better to limit to work in progress.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Phuturist
    I kinda agree with you, but for me it feels like they started on bluetooth and expected it to be allot easier. (Current bluetooth implementation looks like a Noble fork) 

I do give them Kudo's for rewriting z-wave, and it being 100% functional (here atleast it is) even with allot of community apps. The same goes for IR, using apps and being able to receive and send IR might finish that part as well. I don't use 433 so can't comment on that. Homey Media/Music is really something else, and i don't know why they pushed it so early. This is the part where i totally agree with you. They released something, promised BT shortly after. Spotify is still Sonos only (For the Media/Music part to be taken seriously you really do need Spotify for all output sources), and BT is going to take a while. The upside might be, that when BT is stable again, i think it uses mostly the same kind of driver. So you could literally pair allmost any bluetooth speaker. But just to listen to soundcloud or google music isn't going to cut it for me.

Not sure what to expect from Zigbee, but what they did in a (relatively) short time is looking good. The basics seems done and working. And i expect it to work just as good as z-wave when released to experimental and stable.

If it was a choice for them between Zigbee and Bluetooth i would understand it if they chose Zigbee. But that doesn't change the fact BT is far from finished.
  • JPeJPe Member
    Why not make your own button(s) cheap like:
    https://www.hackster.io/iboboc/smartbutton-pro-06ce5d

• swtttswttt Member
    @JPe or you make them and sell them for twice the price? :-D
  • @swttt I just use my work iPad as a hub  :D. Just sitting in my wardrobe doing nothing but executing flic actions ^^. Can't link it to Homey though

• swtttswttt Member
    @EvertorN
    Even not when using HA-bridge as hue emulator?
  • Hi,

Flic.io have released a HUB that can talk to the buttons, is there anyone that could look into integrating this HUB wil Homey? Using it today with IFTT but not 100% stable and the delay is sometimes a problem...

//J
  • viktorviktor Member
    You can try the Homey HTTP App and send GET to Homey from Flic Hub