This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

changing from smartthings hub 2 / home assistant /Alexa

hi

Im thinking of switching from smartthings hub v2  that are bridged to a home assistant and alexa.
yesterday we had internet go down, this meant that almost al smartthings stopped working, and this was only an hour it was down, but in this hour we realiste my good we can't control any socket or lights that missing a physical power switch. (that suckt)
But how stable is home, how many devices can it handel and will all my stuff work? We used vera secure before we got smartthings hub v2 and that was a disaster, completely unreliable, and bad hardware support for me. 
then i figured i should go with home assistant inted, but home assistant doesn't do zigbee very good apparently, and it takes fore evver to and all my stuff .
So now im looking at homey.
i tryde to search but can't find what i'm looking for, so im setting my hope to you nice people to help me

im using this things. 
1: qubino flush 1 and 2 relay/flush dimmer in all wall sockets and light, say 50+ of them (z-wave plus)
2: visonic MCT-340E in al doors and windows: 32 of them (zigbee)
3:Xiaomi Honeywell Smoke Detector: 3 of them (zigbee)
4:Bosch Motion Detector : 1 off them(zigbee)
5: Rachio Zone 16 (sprinkler controller, connected to smartthings using account. 1 of this
6: IDlock smart door lock (z-wave plus) 2 of them
7: Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch . using 2 of this (z-wave plus)
8: popp termostat: 6 of them (z-wave plus)
9: Aeon Z-Wave Repeater  using 2 of this (z-wave plus)
10: Aeon Multisensor 6, using 6 of this (z-wave plus)
11: Aeon Siren  using 3 of this (z-wave plus)
12: husqvarna connect  lawnmower using alexa (or will use alexa 1/9-2018)
13: volvo on call, using home assistant 
14: mi boxes 2 of this , controlled by chromecast, using home assistant for this
15: shield using home assistant to control it
16: 8 dlna pucks to play music and send voice memos to kidds, (does homey support dlna devices for this)
17: amazon alexa, using  2 spot, 1 show and  6 dot 
18:  manny security cameras using smartthings and onvif protocol  (using 6 of this)
19: ring doorbell pro
20: 6 xiaomi akara camera 
21: unifi, router,switch and ap 
22: im going to ad qubino rgb controller, does homey support this?

Hmm think that's it, so will all of this work with homey or do i need to stay with smartthings?
(please say it no problem and al devices are supported so i can shift ;-)  

Really grateful for the help you can give me in this topic

//Regards  

sorry for the bad grammar 

Comments

• chali said:

then i figured i should go with home assistant inted, but home assistant doesn't do zigbee very good apparently, 

Why would'n't zigbee work with HASS, here i'm using HASS with deconz for Zigbee with the Homey HASS app to include some devices from HASS into Homey :) 

Don't know about everything but will give it a try:

im using this things. 
    1: qubino flush 1 and 2 relay/flush dimmer in all wall sockets and light, say 50+ of them (z-wave plus)
    Take a look at the app store, there is a qubino app where you can see what's supported

2: visonic MCT-340E in al doors and windows: 32 of them (zigbee)
    Don't know, zigbee is supported but not everything (see point 3 for example) but it will need an app so you can check the app store

3:Xiaomi Honeywell Smoke Detector: 3 of them (zigbee)
    Will not work until the rewrite of zigbee is finished, it has status :soon: at Athom mostly that's the same for not fast, see issue -> https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues/27

4:Bosch Motion Detector : 1 off them(zigbee)
    Should work when there would be made an app

5: Rachio Zone 16 (sprinkler controller, connected to smartthings using account. 1 of this
    Don't know when it has zigbee/z-wave/433 etc or an api there can be an app made

6: IDlock smart door lock (z-wave plus) 2 of them
    S2 devices are not working fine with Homey at the moment, waiting for Athom to implement it (this is known for the danalock, guess its the same for IDlock)

7: Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch . using 2 of this (z-wave plus)
    Take a look at the app store, there is a app where you can see what's supported

8: popp termostat: 6 of them (z-wave plus)

9: Aeon Z-Wave Repeater  using 2 of this (z-wave plus)
    10: Aeon Multisensor 6, using 6 of this (z-wave plus)
    11: Aeon Siren  using 3 of this (z-wave plus)
    12: husqvarna connect  lawnmower using alexa (or will use alexa 1/9-2018)
    Don't know when it has an api it should be possible to make an app / connect it
    13: volvo on call, using home assistant 
    Don't know when it has an api it should be possible to make an app / connect it

14: mi boxes 2 of this , controlled by chromecast, using home assistant for this
    Don't know when it has an api it should be possible to make an app / connect it. There is a chromecast app in the app store

15: shield using home assistant to control it
    Shield directly or Kodi/Plex, Kodi/Plex has an app but just like your shield is in HASS that's not how it works with Homey
    16: 8 dlna pucks to play music and send voice memos to kidds, (does homey support dlna devices for this)

17: amazon alexa, using  2 spot, 1 show and  6 dot 
    Alexa is supported

18:  manny security cameras using smartthings and onvif protocol  (using 6 of this)
    Camera's don't work with Homey until 2.1 (Homey security) for now you can connect some camera's and send an image by Telegram for example with the image app from the app store so when you know the image url you can send an image

19: ring doorbell pro
    20: 6 xiaomi akara camera 
    Camera's don't work with Homey until 2.1 (Homey security) for now you can connect some camera's and send an image by Telegram for example with the image app from the app store, so when you know the image url you can send an image
    21: unifi, router,switch and ap 
    22: im going to ad qubino rgb controller, does homey support this?
    Take a look at the app store, there is a qubino app where you can see what's supported