This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
HUE

[APP] Philips HUE (now with motion sensor suppport)

2»

Comments

• Bumping an earlier post from @tunf; is it by design that a Long Blink effect doesn't revert the Hue light to its previous power state?
  • If I use this card as a trigger:

Would that also work if the Hue light is switched on by an old fashioned wall switch?

I can only get the trigger to fire when I turn on the light in Devices - does Homey poll for these events?

• If I use this card as a trigger:

Would that also work if the Hue light is switched on by an old fashioned wall switch?

I can only get the trigger to fire when I turn on the light in Devices - does Homey poll for these events?

When the power is off the light you will get a greyed out card because the lamp is not letting know his state.... for as far as i know that doesn't work just get rid of the old wall switch :) 
  • edited April 2018
    But with the power on, the bulb becomes reachable, no? Would that not count as "Turned On"? 

As much as I agree with getting rid of old wall switches, this setup would turn an old wall switch into a switch you can use with Homey (specific Hue light on can trigger other things!)
  • How can you select a specific room for setting a SCENE card . I cannot select a specific room for the scene (in example: scene Last).

• But with the power on, the bulb becomes reachable, no? Would that not count as "Turned On"? 

"Turned on" is only working when u change the state of the bulb within Homey, not by powering the bulb.
  • Does the app still have a memory leak? For me it starts off at around 21MB, but eventually it’s sitting at 50-60MB. 

• But with the power on, the bulb becomes reachable, no? Would that not count as "Turned On"? 

"Turned on" is only working when u change the state of the bulb within Homey, not by powering the bulb.

Ah okay, so even if I turn the bulb on using the Hue app it doesn't work? 

I was thinking of periodically checking if an unreachable bulb suddenly became reachable and then turning it on using the Hue API, but if Homey doesn't look at that I won't bother :smile:

Ah okay, so even if I turn the bulb on using the Hue app it doesn't work? 

I was thinking of periodically checking if an unreachable bulb suddenly became reachable and then turning it on using the Hue API, but if Homey doesn't look at that I won't bother :smile:

Changing on/off from Hue app will also work but can have a delay because the bridge is polled for information :) 
  • Yes, sorry. Also working with the Hue app ofc like Lubbert says.
  • Does the app still have a memory leak? For me it starts off at around 21MB, but eventually it’s sitting at 50-60MB. 

Linux uses all memory it can, even minimal apps use quite some MB's....
  • I only ask because all my other apps seem to stay around their initial values, only the Hue app increases.
    And compared to the other apps, Hue does almost nothing on my Homey. It's also usually the app which uses the most memory (only behind Homey itself which isn't using much more).
  • viixviix Member
    Is there a way to identify which room the scenes corresponds to in the Set a Scene Flow card?
    I have several scenes with same or at least similar names and I have no way to identify which room it is for. 
  • CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited June 2018
    @viix Made the Scene-Names included the Room e.g "Kitchen Bright" in Hue-App on the Phone. Works for me.
  • ZignatureZignature Member
    edited August 2018
    But with the power on, the bulb becomes reachable, no? Would that not count as "Turned On"? 

A "reachable" state would be very handy next to the "onoff" state...

It is present in the Hue bridge. When a bulb is cut from power it'll have an "unreachable" state in the Hue bridge.