This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Zigbee

Zigbee Range issues

2»

Comments

• The picture now shows 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, etc. Still having issues... 
    The last device now shows ok, same as 2 and 3.
  • But it shows the right device description? How far are those from each other? Any WiFi router nearby?
  • Wifi router is in another room, 8 meters away in straight line (perfect reception). All descriptions look ok to me.
    It works fine every now and then... I have 3 switch sockets and 1 RGB bulb.
    See below pic, updated.
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited June 2018
    On what Channel is the WiFi? That can interfere with the zigbee. I’m using the full range of INNR devices and they are working ok. Now and then i get a failure in switching a device, but that is a known issue and Athom is going to rewrite the zigbee implementation. No idea when or how.
  • On ground level I have a Linksys router, dual band and set on Auto. I just changed to channel 8.
    Upstairs I have a Ziggo Wifi booster, cabled. Also set on Auto and also now changed to channel 8. I'll see if my problems remain.
    Really appreciate you help btw!
  • Sorry to keep bothering you with this, but my problem remains. All Wifi is on channel 3, I've deleted and readded the bulb but it stops working after 1-2 days. A reset of Homey OR power down of the Bulb solves it right away.
    It's not a big house I am living in and other devices seem to work fine. Homey is downstairs, at stairs there is an Innr switch, on first level at stairs another Innr switch and 2 bedrooms with Bulb and switch. Line of sight is very short, so Mesh should able to cover this easily! 
    Do not have another Bulb to test with, but think I will bring the bulb downstairs close to Homey (3 meters) to see what happens. Any other thoughts?
  • I too have to (cold) boot Homey every day to keep ZigBee working. After a cold boot, zigbee works great, but slowly deteriorates.
  • Please note that channel numbers for Zigbee and WiFi differ: https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/203845040-ZigBee-and-WiFi-Coexistence
  • Other remark: please do not include the bulb near to Homey. Include it from the spot it is intended to stay. That way the route wil be the one that should be used! 
  • Other remark: please do not include the bulb near to Homey. Include it from the spot it is intended to stay. That way the route wil be the one that should be used! 
    Shouldn't zigbee sort out it's routing all the time?
  • Yes it should, but doesn’t always do. Can take Some time. A reboot of Homey can trigger it. But i always do it like this with my INNR devices. Never needed to bring them close to Homey to include. But i have a very extensive mesh (48 devices with 20 routers in it of 3 brands)
  • @tlangelaar
    Thanks for that information. I moved my 2,4 mHz WiFi up to channel 11 and that made a huge difference in Zigbee response.
  • Well I tried everything but the Ikea bulb on my top floor doesnt work. I added close range, it works. But when I move it to the top floor it should be able to mesh with my first floor (toilet) also a router based bulb Ikea. Wifi channels are all 11 so out of the Zigbee scope.