This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• I sense a slight difference here between “ kept pressing the button” and push the button every second!
  • Indeed, I got mine to work eventually. Follow  the instructions to the letter.
  • Anyone recently succesfully registered a Xiaomi Aquara cube? I received mine last week, but so far haven't been able to register it.
    I held the link button until the LED blinks 3 times, kept pressing the button, get the message that the device is being added, nothing else is reported (clusters etc.) and finally I get the message that no Zigbee device was found. Trying this at ~10 cm distance from Homey, rebooted Homey 3 times and tried again.
    Using Homey firmware 1.5.9 and with 1.5.11, Xiaomi app 0.3.
    Succesfully registered other Xiaomi devices afterwards, have Human Body sensors, both temp sensors, door sensors and wireless switches in the network. Only the cube won't register.
    Any suggestions how to debug?
    @thjdeckers can you try if the instructions provided by @Eternity are resolving your issue to include the Cube?
    Hi Ted,
    That's indeed what I tried: after the LED blinks three times I keep pressing the button every second, but in the end I get a 'no Zigbee device found' message. Same procedure works perfect for all my other Xiaomi sensors, but for some reason it doesn't for the cube. Is there some way to further debug what is happening?
  • Hi Ted, did you receive your Xiaomi smoke detector yet? Just wondering if I can help. Mine is hanging on the ceiling just waiting for a connection <span>:smile:</span>
  • @Mecallie, for now it can not be implemented. There’s Some part missing in the zigbee implementation and therefore awaiting changes from Athom in the zigbee core.
  • My aqara single and double wired switches are not playing ball. I have the ones with a neutral line. Is there support for this version of the switches?
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hi,
    I have the power socket (3 of them) and some battery powered switches a cube an a sensor. I placed the power sockets around the house to strengthen the mesh but they do not create a mesh. They all connect directly to Homey. Now my lights upstairs don't switch because the battery powered switches are out of range and the socket switch only sometimes when I use the app.

Can I do something about it. I restarted Homey a couple of times, hoping it would rebuild the mesh.

greetings,
    Aaron

• EternityEternity Member
    edited May 2018
    I second that experience, @Aaron
    My setup looks like yours;  it has 3 powered Zigbee devices and 5 battery equiped onces.

I once saw that a connection was via a router to Homey, but after a while all poin straight to Homey, and routing via powered Zigbee devices does not happen. I too have a node that stays offline.
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hmmm, that is bad. The reason I use zigbee or z-wave is because of the routing...
    edited May 2018
    I bet it will work in the future. And again, I once had an instance that it did route via a powered router to Homey.... So, it is possible ;-)
    I will check and see if a Github issue is filed.
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hi @Eternity
    Yes, lets hope it wil be fixed soon. Thats one of the basic things devices with the zigbee protocol should do, Otherwise we could use kaku instead. 
  • Did u guys tried to re-include the device? The thingie in Athom developer shows u the last known route. Has nothing to do with if a mesh is created or not.
  • AaronAaron Member
    I did re-include the devices. 
    But the last known route shows if it is a mesh or not does it not? A mesh is a route to?
  • @Rocodamelshe
    And, I did have a via route via a router once, but that stopped and all ZIgbee devices are now 'straight to Homey'. This happened without a change to the Zigbee setup.
  • Anyone recently succesfully registered a Xiaomi Aquara cube? I received mine last week, but so far haven't been able to register it.
    I held the link button until the LED blinks 3 times, kept pressing the button, get the message that the device is being added, nothing else is reported (clusters etc.) and finally I get the message that no Zigbee device was found. Trying this at ~10 cm distance from Homey, rebooted Homey 3 times and tried again.
    Using Homey firmware 1.5.9 and with 1.5.11, Xiaomi app 0.3.
    Succesfully registered other Xiaomi devices afterwards, have Human Body sensors, both temp sensors, door sensors and wireless switches in the network. Only the cube won't register.
    Any suggestions how to debug?
    @thjdeckers can you try if the instructions provided by @Eternity are resolving your issue to include the Cube?
    Hi Ted,
    That's indeed what I tried: after the LED blinks three times I keep pressing the button every second, but in the end I get a 'no Zigbee device found' message. Same procedure works perfect for all my other Xiaomi sensors, but for some reason it doesn't for the cube. Is there some way to further debug what is happening?
    Here's a small video of how I tried to do the registration: 
    Today a colleague who also has a Homey will try if he can register the cube to rule out that it is a problem with the cube itself. He also ordered a cube, so once that has arrived I can also try with that. 
  • Perhaps you can exclude it first and than try again.
  • AaronAaron Member
    I will try it, this is not workable. The xiaomi devices are nice, good quality, affordable and normaly work perfectly. This range thingy is messing things up.
  • just don’t blame it all on Homey. There are many factors playing. Place of inclusion, distance to Homey and to a router. Brand of the router etc etc.
    edited May 2018
    @Aaron

Today I tried to include a Aqara wireless switch. The first attempt failed: it stoppend the inclusion process with "no device found'. Same as you describe.

I pulled the plug on Homey, waited 10 minutes and plugged Homey in again. Waited about 10 minutes and tried including again. This time (and very slowly in going thru the clusters) it included.

So, it is added. Problem is that it now is not controllable:

I will leave the switch next to Homey and press it now and then, to see if it comes online.

UPDATE:
    It is controlleble now (great @TedTolboom !)
    And I also see routing happening (albeit a curious route; Homey is closer to the Cube than the curtain controller):

• AaronAaron Member
    @Eternity
    Nice! I wil try the steps you took. Now that you have routing, is it also working better. More reliable?
  • Well, the last device I need routing is the Cube ;-)
    So, no. So far adding routers has not improved my Zigbee mesh (and that was one of the reasons I bought routing devices).

Also, adding a second switch failed twice.... seems hit and miss... I have to do other stuff now, so can't experiment more.

Good luck!
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited May 2018
    #Solved

Would it be possible to use the cards in the second and 3rd colom?
    If i want to add a temp/hum sensor, and update the status in a later flow i cannot get that done? Because i cannot add the temp/hum sensor in 2 and 3 rd colom only for the battery status..

thnx in advance

#Solved, found another way, with the Tags it does work :)
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    I'm seeing some weird zigbee routing too...and interestingly the odd ones out are not functioning correctly.
    Near everything shows 0 - 1 or 0 - 12  i.e. Homey -> Device

However, my HBS's just show their number - i.e 10 (plus one of the contact sensors)

It just so happens I'm having some trouble with my HBS's functioning some but not all the time

Nothing is using my innr bulb as a router despite that being closer than Homey to a lot of things...

Any thoughts?

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited May 2018
    My guess is that we want a direct connection first before we go thru routers?
    But lets stay ontopic here. It's all about Xiaomi and not all about zigbee mesh aye?
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    My guess is that we want a direct connection first before we go thru routers?
    That would make sense apart from the fact that I'm getting issues with some devices unable to send readings at times

It also seems that one of those devices is using a lot of storage (about 20%!) according to insights...
    Seems something funky going on...
  • vaderag said:
    I'm seeing some weird zigbee routing too...and interestingly the odd ones out are not functioning correctly.

However, my HBS's just show their number - i.e 10 (plus one of the contact sensors)

It just so happens I'm having some trouble with my HBS's functioning some but not all the time

Nothing is using my innr bulb as a router despite that being closer than Homey to a lot of things...

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately having the same problem. My Z-Wave mesh is very stable, but I'm having trouble with some of the Xiaomi Zigbee (mostly HBS) sensors and IKEA lamps. Seems a bit location dependent: the ones that occasionally have a problem also only show a single number and don't react. E.g two IKEA bulbs ~ 3 m apart, 1 stable, lost the other one. After pairing it again it works stable now already for some time. Similar problem for a HBS in the attic: I had to do the pairing already three times because I lost it twice.
  • vaderag said:

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately having the same problem. My Z-Wave mesh is very stable, but I'm having trouble with some of the Xiaomi Zigbee (mostly HBS) sensors and IKEA lamps. Seems a bit location dependent: the ones that occasionally have a problem also only show a single number and don't react. E.g two IKEA bulbs ~ 3 m apart, 1 stable, lost the other one. After pairing it again it works stable now already for some time. Similar problem for a HBS in the attic: I had to do the pairing already three times because I lost it twice.
    Not only the Xiaomi HSB's by the way: at the moment a.o. a wireless switch,  door sensor and IKEA spot only show a number. The Xiaomi switch and door sensor don't react, the IKEA spot does however. A spot 50 cm apart from the one that only shows its own number does show two numbers: a direct connection to Homey.
  • Eternity said:
    @Aaron

Today I tried to include a Aqara wireless switch. The first attempt failed: it stoppend the inclusion process with "no device found'. Same as you describe.

I pulled the plug on Homey, waited 10 minutes and plugged Homey in again. Waited about 10 minutes and tried including again. This time (and very slowly in going thru the clusters) it included.

I will leave the switch next to Homey and press it now and then, to see if it comes online.

UPDATE:
    And I also see routing happening (albeit a curious route; Homey is closer to the Cube than the curtain controller):

Nice: I need to try this too once I have my cube back. Currently my colleague is trying to pair it.
  • Eternity said:
    @Aaron

UPDATE:

Nice: I need to try this too once I have my cube back. Currently my colleague is trying to pair it.
    Nope: unfortunately this also doesn't help to get my cube paired. Tried it a couple of times, even moved the Homey to a different location in house to see if it is not some kind of 2.4GHz interference.
    The interesting thing is that my colleague was able to pair my cube yesterday to his Homey with exactly the same Homey firmware and Xiaomi app release without any trouble??
    Maybe it's in some way related to the (large number of) other Zigbee devices that I have (although no other device has had problems at initial registration) or this particular cube is in some way at the edge of specification.
    Maybe I'll retry with a different cube later.
This discussion has been closed.