This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Push Spotify to interact with Athom by giving kudo's on this idea

Comments

• Awesome! @mistercage deserves alot of credit here :)
  • Nicely done @mistercage !!! I really hope Athom will receive it's partnership that unlocks the Spotify Connect functionality.
  • Awesome!
  • Props to @mistercage !! And also props to the "backers", hopefully this works out :smiley: 
  • Nice work @mistercage!  I don't have Sonos, but a nice accomplishment anyhow!
    Good example for maybe other projects in the future (Deezer, etc...) :smile: 
  • Big thumbs up guys!
  • Nice! Well done everybody!

A gentle hint from my side:
    We are looking for +1 to get Deezer on the Trello list here
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/589/deezer-on-trello
  • Fire69 said:
    Nice work @mistercage!  I don't have Sonos, but a nice accomplishment anyhow!
    You don't need Sonos to use Spotify ;)
    @mistercage: Great idea and work! 
  • Thanks guys !
    It was my pleasure to take the lead. 
    Want to thank all people who were so supporting as well. Without your support, this would not be achievable on such short notice
     <3 
  • Fire69 said:
    Nice work @mistercage!  I don't have Sonos, but a nice accomplishment anyhow!
    You don't need Sonos to use Spotify ;)
    @mistercage: Great idea and work! 
    Hm, don't know why I typed Sonos, I meant Spotify  :D
  • Glad there is some progress right now! I use Spotify a lot but I still have a question once Homey gets Spotify build in.. How should I be able to use it once Homey gets the license for it? My receiver (Harman Kardon BDS375) doesn't have Spotify on it. Right now I use my laptop or iPhone to play Spotify and send it either over Bluetooth to my harman kardon or AirPlay to my ATV4. Is this going to be easier for me once Homey gets licensed? 
  • edited January 2016
    Reflow said:
    Glad there is some progress right now! I use Spotify a lot but I still have a question once Homey gets Spotify build in.. How should I be able to use it once Homey gets the license for it? My receiver (Harman Kardon BDS375) doesn't have Spotify on it. Right now I use my laptop or iPhone to play Spotify and send it either over Bluetooth to my harman kardon or AirPlay to my ATV4. Is this going to be easier for me once Homey gets licensed? 
    With Homey, you can let Homey send the music with bluetooth to your receiver. So you don't need to start up your computer for it.

@Fire69: Happens to the best of us :smile:
  • @mistercage so close to being 2nd in the top5 "Most Kudoed Authors"! Nicely done everyone!
  • @mistercage so close to being 2nd in the top5 "Most Kudoed Authors"! Nicely done everyone!
    LOL ! Hopefully it will get me a free lifetime Spotify subscription :smiley:  Guess not... ;)

LOL ! Hopefully it will get me a free lifetime Spotify subscription :smiley:  Guess not... ;)

It should! Nice job!!
  • The Bi..... (you can fill it in youreselfs :) ) at spotty changed the status.

Status changed to: Not right now
  • However they want us to keep pushing the kudo's. So come on, keep adding them!
  • Hopefully this just means they don't want to comment about partnerships in de ideas section, which I can understand. Let's hope we get some more info soon.
  • The Idea was allready a succes since @Emile said on the 21th

Emile said:
    So, we're talking.. :blush:

Great work!
    So the change of status might not be this bad! We've gained their attention!
  • The Idea was allready a succes since @Emile said on the 21th

Emile said:

Great work!
    Talking isn't the same as coming to an agreement about partnership. Perhaps @Stefan can shed some light on where Athom stand with Spotify.
  • Phuturist said:
    The Idea was allready a succes since @Emile said on the 21th

Emile said:

Great work!
    Talking isn't the same as coming to an agreement about partnership. Perhaps @Stefan can shed some light on where Athom stand with Spotify.
    No, indeed it's not, but do not forget how big Spotify is. You can imagine they won't pay a whole lot of attention to a few dutch guys with a kickstarter project, at first. To be blunt. Athom 'needs' Spotify, Spotify does not 'need' Homey.
    At least, "not yet" :wink:

So all in all, we just have to keep on giving kudo's and be patient. Where there's a will, theres a way...especially for Homey! :smiley: 
  • mruiter said:
    The Bi..... (you can fill it in youreselfs :) ) at spotty changed the status.

I read here: f*ck you and your homey. Homey and Spotify is NEVER going to happen. Or is that too negative? :wink: 
  • Michael said:
    mruiter said:
    The Bi..... (you can fill it in youreselfs :) ) at spotty changed the status.

I read here: f*ck you and your homey. Homey and Spotify is NEVER going to happen. Or is that too negative? :wink: 
    I hope not, would be a waste of everybody's energy..
  • If you read the comment made by the community manager I don't think it is a f you. We just need to keep adding kudos as advised. 
  • If Deezer offers a better API, why stick to spotify?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    If Deezer offers a better API, why stick to spotify?
    The more supported services the better and because a lot of people (including me) are using Spotify.

And its not the API, its Spotify's communication that's causing the delay.
  • @Stefan , @Emile,

Any updates to share on this ? Happy if you could share some light on this topic..

thanks!
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We're talking :-) Can't see too much because of a NDA.

When there's something to announce, y'all be the first to know of course!
  • Emile said:

Great you dont have to say too much. Just that it will be available and working with Homey. (When it is so far :))
  • Emile said:

Thanks @Emile !
    We know enough for now :smiley: