This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How should I create flows for different "events"?

Hi!
I'm doing some testing with a window that should:
- Open if it's more than 25C and not raining (humidity < 95%) and not windy (less than 10m/s).
- Close if it's less than 20C or it starts raining (humidity > 95%) or if it is windy (more than 10m/s)

It seems hard to only have two flows for this... How many will I need?

F.ex. I've had one that changes on the condition change temperature, AND humidity and wind less than threshold. But what if it starts raining? I'll need a trigger to close it again... But I want it to open if it stops raining - will I then need another trigger for that?

What exactly is condition change, if temperature is 25.5C and my trigger is "more than 25C";
will going from 25.5C to 26C be considered a condition change, or is that ONLY when it goes from below 25C to 25C or more?

Otherwise I wouldn't need a flow that runs when it stops raining, because the "open when above 25C flow also needs the humidity to be less than 95%.

Comments

• Nothing?

Today the wind triggered a flow to shut it, but even when the wind was lower, and the temperature was still 32C, it didn't open again?...
  • create a Flow with IF flow is started, AND all specific conditions for closing, THEN close.

Then create one flow for each sensor:
    IF sensor value changed THEN trigger first flow.

Both flow started and triiger flow are found under the Flow card deck.
  • Thanks!

Will test. 
    So regarding my question about condition change, is it any changed value for the sensor, or only when it meets the criteria for the flow? 

If flow activates at min 20C and the temperature goes from 19 a 20, it activates. 
    But how about from 20-21C?

• I'm not familiair with IF cards for specific values. Choose another card from the sensor/device deck that says temperature changes or .. Changes. The AND column cards never trigger a flow, just check current values. If you have built a non-working flow, please post a screenshot. 
  • When you use conditions in the second column all the conditions have to be true. If any of the values is still false the flow will stop. 

So in your message from yesterday. If your flow is something like 

if door open
    and temperature < 25 
    and wind < 10 

your flow wont run if the temperature is > 25. Its an AND not an or condition. 
  • I’ve bought some new sensors and will try to set up this from, scratch. (Gone from 433 to ZigBee). 
    When you use conditions in the second column all the conditions have to be true. If any of the values is still false the flow will stop. 

So in your message from yesterday. If your flow is something like 

if door open
    and temperature < 25 
    and wind < 10 

your flow wont run if the temperature is > 25. Its an AND not an or condition. 
    But you can set “Or” in the second column... then all wouldn’t need to be true?

create a Flow with IF flow is started, AND all specific conditions for closing, THEN close.

Then create one flow for each sensor:
    IF sensor value changed THEN trigger first flow.

Both flow started and triiger flow are found under the Flow card deck.
    So the flow is “if this flow is started”? AND windy or rainy or cold THEN close?

How should I trigger the flow? 

Same with open, should I have if flow is started and NOT windy, rainy etc?

The main thing is opening when it is warm, but not when raining.