This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

Slow Z-Wave network

The amount of Z-Wave modules on my Homey-network is around 70-80 pcs.
Very often a reaction of a switch is not detected by the Homey, is delayed very long (upto minutes) or needs to be activated more then once.
A command from the Homey to a switch mostly triggers the switch itself OK.
It looks like the wireless sensors don't suffer these issues.

What can cause this behaviour?
- Is there a maximum amount of modules in a Z-Wave network?
- Is the routing not ok? Is it possible to force a routing?
- ???

Tagged:

Comments

• PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited May 2018
    - no
    - no

I had the same. Switched to another controller and problem was gone. I guess it has something to do with the homey software. If  look here or on github you see more people with these types of issues. For me it started when i updated to .18

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2018
    The amount of Z-Wave modules on my Homey-network is around 70-80 pcs.
    Very often a reaction of a switch is not detected by the Homey, is delayed very long (upto minutes) or needs to be activated more then once.
    A command from the Homey to a switch mostly triggers the switch itself OK.
    It looks like the wireless sensors don't suffer these issues.

What can cause this behaviour?
    - Is there a maximum amount of modules in a Z-Wave network?
    - Is the routing not ok? Is it possible to force a routing?
    - ???

According to athom problems can start with 15 devices  what they define as a large network see  https://blog.athom.com/behind-magic-march-2018/
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2018
    - yes, 233 devices is the maximum

athom is working hard on fixing the z-wave issues, as stated in the 1.5.11 (experimental) update a communication bug was fixed, which is one of the issues causing this behavior, but not everything is fixed, yet.

you can only "heal" (from the developer tools) any neighbouring devices to let them check for "new" devices nearby, which may result in a better route
  • matador86matador86 Member
    edited May 2018
    Some of these controllers do regular heals. Vera did, and the problem was often worse afterward. Axial does this too, and sometimes it's better than others, but it's never instant. see: ShowBox Mobdro Vidmate