This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

1121314151618»

Comments

• well there is and it has been posted here more then 100 times in this topic  ;)

wake up the device by clicking 3 times fast on the button . Neo Magic
  • mruiter said:
    well there is and it has been posted here more then 100 times in this topic  ;)

wake up the device by clicking 3 times fast on the button . Neo Magic
    I'm not sure if you're being serious or joking... I've been following this thread fairly closely and don't remember seeing anything about this (is a long thread tho!)

If serious, how frequently should I do the triple click?
  • mruiter said:
    @Grisen If youre V1 has already the sensor but not the V2 firmware there isnt much i can do. It will give a error on all the other V1's with the correct firmware. 
    If you have a correct V2 with a V2 firmware and a temp sensor it will show up.

The homey z-wave driver doesnt allow me to make some kind of test to see if its a V2 that has a bad firmware flash and has a temp sensor.
    @mruiter I take that as there is a limitation in the homey zwave driver itself. What can Athom do to fix it? I'd be happy to push this request w Athom but I need to know what to ask for. If it wasn't for that it worked flawlessly with Fibaro HC2 I could somewhat accept this , but since that is the case, I don't think it is too much to ask 
  • Hi, 

Does the NAS-WR01W work or will it be supported? 

Patrick
  • Since I replaced the battery in one of my PIR's the luminance readings seem all over the shop... seems like either the update isn't occuring and stuck on an old value or it's just getting wrong readings.
    Can anyone advise what might cause this and what the fix is?

• Hi, 

Patrick
    That's a Wifi device instead of z-wave so it's not handy to integrate that into one app i guess. 
  • Hi, 

Patrick
    That's a Wifi device instead of z-wave so it's not handy to integrate that into one app i guess. 
    Thanks! But can I link it with Homey as a switch or does it need another app for this? 
  • Hi, 

Patrick
    Thanks! But can I link it with Homey as a switch or does it need another app for this? 
    Every device needs an app so that Homey knows what kind of device it is and what the capabilities are (in other words what can the device do) 
  • Hi, 

Patrick
    Every device needs an app so that Homey knows what kind of device it is and what the capabilities are (in other words what can the device do) 
    I understand. So is there a place to request support for the WR01W or another app? Because I cannot create one myself. Those sockets are a lot cheaper then the blue coolcam switches btw. 
  • Hi, 

Patrick
    I understand. So is there a place to request support for the WR01W or another app? Because I cannot create one myself. Those sockets are a lot cheaper then the blue coolcam switches btw. 
    If you can't do it yourself you can try and find a developer who does it for you or request Athom to do it which can be done here -> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPKV_joWXvvtACKuOdvDILbAzipk8mer0H4ZfOpJEthg-ibA/viewform
  • Grisen said:
    mruiter said:
    @Grisen If youre V1 has already the sensor but not the V2 firmware there isnt much i can do. It will give a error on all the other V1's with the correct firmware. 
    If you have a correct V2 with a V2 firmware and a temp sensor it will show up.

The homey z-wave driver doesnt allow me to make some kind of test to see if its a V2 that has a bad firmware flash and has a temp sensor.
    @mruiter I take that as there is a limitation in the homey zwave driver itself. What can Athom do to fix it? I'd be happy to push this request w Athom but I need to know what to ask for. If it wasn't for that it worked flawlessly with Fibaro HC2 I could somewhat accept this , but since that is the case, I don't think it is too much to ask 
    The real problem is that neo did not follow the zwave guidelines and changed the device id when changing the device. there where mentions of a way to support this in the v2 firmware of homey but thats still a long long way in the future 
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    I have an issue with all my Neo PIRs... The luminance readings seems stuck at values that are at least a few hours out of date. Either this or they just don't update at some times... I don't really know how to work that out.

I know they're detecting motion as I get the flash but it's always luminance failing in my flows with the reading values being far out of date...

Anyone else have this? All used to work fine so it's a recent thing
  • chowxh said:
    Hi Guys, maybe this is already discoverd but for the NEO coolcam power plug users which does net receive any readings with 1.5.x firmware. If you pair the wall plug and select "Lamp"  instead of " other device"  it does show readings now.

Found this as well. However, the "lamp" in flows is currently limited as trigger, as you cannot triggers flows based on power measured. So I can measure it in this way, but cannot use this information to trigger anything. Solved this by selecting a kettle instead of a lamp, then you have both the measurements and are able to use it as a trigger in flows.
  • lourenslourens Member
    Does anyone have experience with new coolcam siren? Is it possible to create different flows for bell and alarm?
    For example: if PIR is activated ring (low volume) doorbell, and if panic button is pressed (very loud) sirene

Thanks in advance,
    Lourens
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    lourens said:
    Does anyone have experience with new coolcam siren? Is it possible to create different flows for bell and alarm?
    For example: if PIR is activated ring (low volume) doorbell, and if panic button is pressed (very loud) sirene

Thanks in advance,
    Lourens
    I think it's the same as the old siren - you need to change the mode first then post the siren. I could be wrong tho
  • lourenslourens Member
    vaderag said:
    lourens said:

Thanks in advance,
    Lourens
    I think it's the same as the old siren - you need to change the mode first then post the siren. I could be wrong tho
    Is changing mode possible with the homey app?
    If button is pressed first switch mode to sirene then make noise.
    If PIR is activated first switch mode to doorbell then ring the bell
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2018
    Having some problems with NEO Powerplugs.

One of these was not responding, so I excluded it successfully from Homey (=> z-wave setting | remove node) and re-included it. Strangely enough the node was still in the z-wave mesh *and* the re-included node was there too!
    The 'old' node couldn't be deleted (several github issues that adres this problem).

So, I just moved that node to the Zone 'Delete" with other nodes that won't be deleted. Fair enough.

Now I have a non responding NEO Powernode again. I am sure that if I exclude and re-include it, I will end up with a orphan un-deletable node again...

It is 3 meters from Homey. Worked for ages and does not respond anymore.

The strange thing is, if I alter its settings, I get a confirmation:

So, Homey says it is not seen (NoAck) but I can change parameters...?
    Also, it will not switch On/Off via browser nor App.

Is this a NEO bug? 

• Unfortunately, I was right :-|

I tried to remove the non responding Neo Powerplug, by deleting it from the Neo App. It returned an error "driver something". I deleted it via z-wave | settings and now it is unreachable ...

The Zone 'delete' is filling up rapidly.

I am not going to register a github issue. Too much z-wave issues reported and no progress on squashing these bugs.
  • Eternity said:
     I am sure that if I exclude and re-include it, I will end up with a orphan un-deletable node again...

U was correct it seems. Fun part is that u actually did it. And there is no need to report an issue but it is important to contribute to existing issues!
  • Hello,

I have a problem with my NEO door-sensors:

When the door contact is open for more than several hours (variables durations) it changes itself back to closed.

I do not know if it is the NEO door-sensors itself, sending the closed signal to Homey,

OR that it is an issue with Z-Wave, OR an issue with my Homey.

Is this a know problem?

And is there a solution?

• PacoS said:

Hello,

When the door contact is open for more than several hours (variables durations) it changes itself back to closed.

I do not know if it is the NEO door-sensors itself, sending the closed signal to Homey,

Is this a know problem?

And is there a solution?

Is the sensor clossed then or, a boolen or something? otherwise it could be the sensor itself because normely it only woukd be closed when there is a magnet clossed to the sensor.
  • Oy1974 said:
    PacoS said:

Hello,

Is this a know problem?

And is there a solution?

Is the sensor clossed then or, a boolen or something? otherwise it could be the sensor itself because normely it only woukd be closed when there is a magnet clossed to the sensor.

No, nothing of that kind.

I have 2 Velux windows, with 1 sensor on every window. The 2 sensors changes themselves back to “close” independently on my Homey.

Not together, not related to a wake-up, no magnet near the sensor, nothing, nada.