This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App v0.1.0] Heating Schedule - App can only me sideloaded (no SDK2 yet)

124»

Comments

• k1sk1s Member
    Could somebody explain how the tag works in the flow cards?  

It says simply 'Thermostat', so how does homey know which thermostat it's talking about?  When I click the flow 'Test' option it comes up with a room name and temperature value, but I don't have a thermostat by that name.  E.g. see picture below:

It says "Bathroom: 22°"  but where does it get these value from?  (I don't a have thermostat called bathroom).

• k1s said:
    Could somebody explain how the tag works in the flow cards?  

It says simply 'Thermostat', so how does homey know which thermostat it's talking about?  When I click the flow 'Test' option it comes up with a room name and temperature value, but I don't have a thermostat by that name.  E.g. see picture below:

It says "Bathroom: 22°"  but where does it get these value from?  (I don't a have thermostat called bathroom).
    @k1s “Bathtoom: 22°" is an example value of the tag the developer added to enable testing of the flow triggers. So it is hardcoded in the app and does not look at your own setup.
  • k1sk1s Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks    

TedTolboom, so how do the cards work if you have more than 1 thermostat? 

Say for something simple like when a thermostat was updated is sends a message to the mobile:

In the When... part of the flow, I drop the Heating Scheduler card,   
    In then.. column I put the Mobile card, with something like "temperature was updated by the Heating Schedule App"

How do I makle use of the "a Thermostat" tag? 

How do I know / how can I display which thermostat the App updated?

• k1s said:
    TedTolboom, so how do the cards work if you have more than 1 thermostat? 

Say for something simple like when a thermostat was updated is sends a message to the mobile:

In the When... part of the flow, I drop the Heating Scheduler card,   
    In then.. column I put the Mobile card, with something like "temperature was updated by the Heating Schedule App"

How do I male use of the "a Thermostat" tag? 

How do I know / how can I display which thermostat the App updated?

I think the app works per room, not per device.
    So all devices in the satted room will be updated.

Did you have a look at the Schedule screen? So the page where you actually make a schedule, for each room, and for the 4 quarters of a day (morning, afternoon, evening, night)

Go to Homey-->Setting-->Heating Schedule.

Here you can see that for each room, containing a heating device, a schadule is available.
    SO multiple heating devices in one room, only have 1 schedule available.

At least, so I think.  That was why I mentioned it a while ago:

Priknr1 Moderator

What I don't see, is how I integrate my valves and 

Perhaps this is work in progress? 

I do see how this app would make my current flows obsolete. Looking forward to any updates! 
    Unfortunately this is not the latest version of the heating schedule as it was available before. 

This app works per zone I believe, and will set the setpoint to all devices in that zone. 

What I think you mean with this question is how to set the thermostats seperately? Would be possible when the app is re-programmed.  but the rebuild to sdk2 first
  • k1sk1s Member
    Hi 

Thanks for coming back to me.  So far I've only added 1 device in each room (so as not to confuse the App - or me!) 

What I'm trying to understand is what the App's cards do and check what's happening if the schedule is set and then somebody or a flow changes the set temperature.  As a first step I'm trying to log temperature set changes using the Paper Trails App which @Eternity tipped me off about here (since apparently nothing yet appears in the Log section of the Heating Schedule App).

Here's a picture of my schedule screen, with the rooms in which I've added [HeatIt] thermostats (the temperature in the example is 26 degrees because that thermostat is set for the floor, not air temp!).

When I try to make a flow like this...

...I can see the card offers me a Thermostat tag, but all it seems to do is return whatever is typed into the box under the 'Test' area.  So I'm wondering how can I work out which of the room/thermostats was in fact updated [first by the Heating Scheduler App, and then by a flow or manually on the device itself]?

• k1sk1s Member
    Hello

I'm trying to turn off underfloor electric heating if the window in the bathroom is open (using a sensative strip).Could somebody who knows how the app works tell me if that can be made to work that the schedule is resumed when the window is closed (i.e. if it was in a heating 'on' time, it will return to heating).  ...or will it just leave the heating off until the next time it is scheduled to turn on again?