This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Bluetooth

[App] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot community app

Comments

• Skorpion said:
    Using this flow now. Works perfect. :)
    Can you tell me how I can create the second logic with the blue label Vochtigheid? Thanx!
  • Skorpion said:
    Can you tell me how I can create the second logic with the blue label Vochtigheid? Thanx!
    You can find that tag in the tag menu  in the flow editor at your Flora sensor.
  • Skorpion said:
    Skorpion said:
    You can find that tag in the tag menu  in the flow editor at your Flora sensor.
    You can also use the 'value'/'waarde' of the 'trigger.card'...
  • cbhcbh Member
    Regarding pairing of devices, it shouldn't be a problem if the sensors are paired with the native app from Xiaomi - according to @Emile (who made the other app) the sensors are broadcasting an unbound, uncoded signal to the wide world to whoever listens - and as far as I can see, this is absolutely correct - I have seven Flower Sensors and two RoPots and all connect to both my phone and Homey without interference.

Regarding limits: I don't know if it is possible, as Xiaomi apparently doesn't do a lot in documenting their devices, but a cool feature would be, if the app could tap into the database Xiaomi uses in the app - that is, if the settings page included a search field for the name of the plant and then retrieved the relevant values (however, given the rather easy way of retrieving these via the app and the diminscule work entering them manually, this might not be worth the effort and fully understandable if not prioritised in development ;-) )

Just noticed the app was updated to version 1.0.6 - but not updated automatically in Homey - don't know if this is due to the alpha status or if there is a setting not being right when the update was uploaded, @koktail?

Regarding RoPots, mine still show the "Luminance" capability - apparently re-pairing is needed - the luminance-capability isn't there when pairing a RoPot in 1.0.6.
    As I wanted to keep track of which device was which, I only deleted one at first - but Homey detected both as new devices. Tried searching for the Flower Sensors - and Homey identify all seven as new devices...
    There isn't any values reported in these yet, so I can't see if devices are effectively doubled and both new and old will get updated values or if the new will "win" when updates are received - will keep both sets and report when I know what happens.
  • cbh said:
    Just noticed the app was updated to version 1.0.6 - but not updated automatically in Homey - don't know if this is due to the alpha status or if there is a setting not being right when the update was uploaded, @koktail?
    Confirmed bug in the store:
    [AppStore] Alpha Channel Updated app isn't automaticaly updated on Homey. #1676
     https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1676

• cbh said:
    Regarding pairing of devices, it shouldn't be a problem if the sensors are paired with the native app from Xiaomi - according to @Emile (who made the other app) the sensors are broadcasting an unbound, uncoded signal to the wide world to whoever listens - and as far as I can see, this is absolutely correct - I have seven Flower Sensors and two RoPots and all connect to both my phone and Homey without interference.
    Thats true. And the scanning of devices in the app from Emile is also nice. (its scans every 5 minutes for new devices, so it has that data on pairing). I only doubt if thats worth the performance loss on homey.
    Regarding limits: I don't know if it is possible, as Xiaomi apparently doesn't do a lot in documenting their devices, but a cool feature would be, if the app could tap into the database Xiaomi uses in the app - that is, if the settings page included a search field for the name of the plant and then retrieved the relevant values (however, given the rather easy way of retrieving these via the app and the diminscule work entering them manually, this might not be worth the effort and fully understandable if not prioritised in development ;-) )
    Nice idea, but the rights of that database belongs to Xiaomi. You cannot use that information for Homey legally. If someone knows a opensource API for retrieving thresholds i'll look into this!
    I think this is due to a `bump` of 1.0.6 (there are no changes in code). There is a bug in the app store, if you submit an app for `beta` the `alpha` version is gone. So i've had to update to 1.0.6 to add the correct `alpha` again.
    Regarding RoPots, mine still show the "Luminance" capability - apparently re-pairing is needed - the luminance-capability isn't there when pairing a RoPot in 1.0.6.
    As I wanted to keep track of which device was which, I only deleted one at first - but Homey detected both as new devices. Tried searching for the Flower Sensors - and Homey identify all seven as new devices...
    There isn't any values reported in these yet, so I can't see if devices are effectively doubled and both new and old will get updated values or if the new will "win" when updates are received - will keep both sets and report when I know what happens.
    Re-pairing is indeed needed if you want to get rid of the capability itself. The capability itself is not updated anymore.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    After updating the app to version `1.0.7 alpha`. The app cannot connect to BLE anymore after ~48h. I did't change that much to the code in compare to `1.0.6 alpha`. It could have been the upgrade of the Homey firmware to `1.5.9`...

After reboot the problem is resolved. Restarting the app doesn't resolve the problem.
    I would like to investigate with some additional data:

What app version do you use?
    Do you have the described problem?
    What Homey firmware do you use?
    What is the interval you use (in minutes)?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    User                              | App                | Problem          | Homey              | Interval
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koktail                          | 1.0.7               | Yes                  | 1.5.9                  |   30           
  • is it possible that i can see in the app when the data was update (day and time)
  • koktailkoktail Member
    Leeuw1960 said:
    is it possible that i can see in the app when the data was update (day and time)
    You can see it in the device its configuration. (its not timezone related, so you need to add/subtract you timezone)
  • koktail said:
    Leeuw1960 said:
    is it possible that i can see in the app when the data was update (day and time)
    You can see it in the device its configuration. (its not timezone related, so you need to add/subtract you timezone)
    Thanks koktail it would be nicer if it was in de front but for now it is oke 
  • Montoring on:
    Place All sensors in one Zone: Create one Flow

• Montoring on:

GeurtDijker zich flow app doe you use in the flow.?

• Leeuw1960 said:
    Montoring on:

GeurtDijker zich flow app doe you use in the flow.?
    Found it your one natuaraly
  • User                              | App                | Problem          | Homey              | Interval
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DijkerProd                   | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15        
    DijkerR&D                    | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15        
    runs since ~ 30/04  and 27/04, monitoring enabled today.(Before it stopped!)
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    @GeurtDijker tnx for sharing!

User                              | App                | Problem          | Homey              | Interval
    koktail                          | 1.0.7               | Yes                  | 1.5.9                   |   30        
    DijkerProd                   | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15        
    DijkerR&D                    | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15 
    koktail                          | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   30        
  • User                              | App                | Problem          | Homey              | Interval
    koktail                          | 1.0.7               | Yes                  | 1.5.9                   |   30        
    koktail                          | 1.0.7               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   30        
    Matrover                      | 1.0.1               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   90

6 sensors
    firmware version sensors: 3.1.8
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    Due to athom policy that there should be only one app per brand/device in the store to avoid confusion the app wil not be available in an `beta` or `stable` release.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2018
    koktail said:
    Due to athom policy that there should be only one app per brand/device in the store to avoid confusion the app wil not be available in an `beta` or `stable` release.
    What a nonsense, they made a choice with Homeykit/Homekit that multiple apps are allowed (was a huge discussion when that happened with Athom at Slack). i have the plantsensors in the back of the car ready for mothersday, so i guess we are a happy alpha and CLI can be done without permission from Athom but now the "normal" users will miss your app 
  • I’m also a happy alpha user, and if needed, it will stay that way.
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    Matrover                      | 1.0.1               | not yet            | 1.5.11-rc1          |   90
    Ziglar                            | 1.0.6               | Yes                 | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15

4 sensors work.
    1 sensor unable to add (not recognised)
  • koktailkoktail Member
    Ziglar said:
    Ziglar                            | 1.0.6               | Yes                 | 1.5.11-rc1          |   15

4 sensors work.
    Will you update to v.1.0.7? I think the problem is resolved in the new version.
    TolboomProd              | 1.0.7               | No                  | 1.5.11-rc1          |   60
    TolboomDev                | 1.0.7               | No                  | 1.5.11-rc1          |   60
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    koktail said:
    Ziglar said:
    4 sensors work.
    Updated to 107, forces me to re-add the already working sensors.
    still missing the 1 sensor that can be found by Emile's app :(
  • Ziglar said:
    koktail said:
    Ziglar said:
    4 sensors work.
    Updated to 107, forces me to re-add the already working sensors.
    still missing the 1 sensor that can be found by Emile's app :(
    Try an reboot, worked here 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Works great here. Have now one sensor. 
    Is there a database with all plants available? 
    TolboomProd              | 1.0.7               | No                  | 1.5.11-rc1          |   60
    TolboomDev                | 1.0.7               | No                  | 1.5.11-rc1          |   60
    epjjansen                      | 1.0.7               | No                  | 1.5.11-rc1          |   60

2 sensors
    firmware version sensors: 3.1.8
  • jovink said:
    Works great here. Have now one sensor. 
    Is there a database with all plants available? 
    In the default app stores for Apple and Android
    f.e. Flower Care in the Apple Store
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    I've just released 2.0.0-alpha to the app store.
     release notes:

* make drivers compatible with com.mi.flora
    * refactoring capabilities
    * add settings explanation for threshold
    * add min/max validation for threshold

About the two apps that are in the appstore, Emile and i decide that i'll take over his app and make is compatible with mine.

! Due to making the drivers compatible with the app `com.mi.flora` you should remove all devices currently added to the app. This means that you should configure the min/max thresholds again. And update the flow's that you are using with the app.
  • RobinjoRobinjo Member
    edited May 2018
    when i do a search on the app store  i found 2 apps from your Mi Flora app: v1.1.0 and one in a blindspot. I'm confused... The one of Emile is gone?